Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi, i've traded small scale in stock for a couple of years now and looking to get into forex so any good advice would be welcome. Cheers.

Hi All,

My name is Steve. I'm currently 23yrs, work full-time & trade futures part-time/ when time is available.

I started trading at the age of 17 (ASX - stocks) & found the market quite euphoric.. Moving from a fundamental approach to classical charting and stat trading my next goal is fulfilling the objective of trading full-time.

I currently use J-trader as my execution platform & have been playing with AMIBROKER purely for backtesting purposes. Since I haven't really had a chance to backtest my strategy, my current trades consist of using classical charting (support,resistance,double tops etc) & parabolic SAR for price mometum measuremen, furthermore i've adopted a small fundamental approach through looking at macro underlying trends rather than day-to-day info.

Nice to meet everyone & will try to keep updating on progress.

- Steve

Hey guys :) I'm 17 and trying to learn as much as I can about trading before I give it my first shot.

I'm completely new to this sort of thing but I know it's potential and will work very hard to get it to where I want it to be :)

Hello. My first post. I live in Languedoc France. Amateur trader for 2 years. Now looking for successful advisory system. Currently trying Mark Austin Magnet system but not impressed. Today found CompassFX.com and made a few points...........at last. All comments/advice very welcome.

Elliott Wave Analysis (outlook for GBPUSD)

UPDATE II GBPUSD: Pull-back In Progress
Pound is already recovering about we warned you yesterday when we highlighted a five wave fall in wave 3). Notice that current prices are already testing upper trend-line of an impulse channel. Break of this line usually confirms end of a wave 3). In our case it means that market is in a temporary recovery mode, ideally in wave 4 which will retrace back above 1.5800 possibly even to 1.5900 level in sessions ahead.
Larger trend however is still down, but we need to see a completed three wave rise in 4) before we may look for weaker GBP again.
gbpusd696_3.gif

Hi All, I'm a beginner and have bought into the Online Trading Academy's educational program. I wondered if there was anyone who has had experience with these people, as I am being yelled at and bullied to buy this XLT course when I've had no success with their first manditory course which I had to take before I could take the course I wanted which was wealth management. I thought I had purchased both these courses and was promised I would eventually receive the course I wanted. Well, this happened this week, and what I had been told was a two day course, was actually 5, but low and behold, my "councilor" had "given" me two of the 5 days and wants another $10,000 for the rest of the course. He called me a liar and screamed at me, while showing me his great offer, during which I said nothing but asked him what he was so hot and bothered about. I am wondering if there is any hope of getting my money back. can you advise? thanks so much

Hello Brucie11. My god! What are you playing at buying these packages without knowing what you are getting into. I'm very sympathetic, but much more cautious. I think there are 'threads on this site which should include observations of 'investors' who have tried various schemes, but I'm damned if I can find it. Anybody help please?

Hello Everyone,

I just joined the Forum. I am full time trader in CFDs, Share and Index Options Looking for a good SIPP Manager that allows CFD Trading- Thanks

Good Luck to everyone

The Protected Trader :(y)

Howdy

Best Wishes To All On This Forum:

I've been trading for about 25 years. First stocks and stock options and then later Forex.

I have a few suggestions to make to new traders and those traders who want to prop trade.

Please Read:

The Professional Commodity Trader by Stanley Kroll.

for a look into the mindset of a successful trader, as well as for the attributes of good traders as well as tips on simple, but effective technical trading rules.

Market Wizards by Jack Schwager

for a look into the mindset of traders. Also to see how many mistakes can be made trading.

Then trade 1000 dollars in demo account money. (Don't trade 50,000 or 500 Quadrillion, because you don't have that kind of dough just starting out)

Learn to trade correctly in the demo account. Limit losses with a hard stop to 2 and a half percent of total equity.

There are many websites online that will explain the mechanics of trading forex very well. Babypips for example.

Once you have mastered the mechanics of placing trades online, and have shown a bit of patience in looking for good technical trades (See Stanley Kroll) then start a real account in forex for 200 to 1000 dollars with no more than 15 to 1 leverage.

Was it in Pere Goriot that Vautrin said that:

It's one thing to snap the stem of a wine glass at 20 paces in practice
but quite another thing to do it when a man is aiming a pistol
at your heart.

So put some money on the line as soon as you feel comfortable to do so.

Also, don't listen to the media very much. What you are allowed to hear only benefits the very powerful, usually.

If you must, and I must, take ten percent of your funds and go for leap options in stocks you just know are going to go up in a year or two, or so you think.

Sometimes it's good to humor a part of your being which would otherwise wreck your main trading account.

If you feel a need for a bit more money, borrow a few hundred from a friend at 1 percent interest a month, but don't dip into the friends money at all for losses, because you will learn very strict risk control, won't you. And you offer collateral for those few hundred dollars.

If you get good enough, like consistently getting 20 percent a year for several years you can call the hedge funds, or more likely they've been watching you for a while, anyway.

Sincerely,
Yancy Purcell

Hello Everyone,

I started my trading journey in February 2012, using multiple indicators with mixed results. These days I trade only price action using Support and Resistance and sometimes Trendlines. Results have since improved for me.

My main areas of interest is Breakout trading, using the Breakout Pullback Continuation method. Would like to hear from other traders about their experience with this method.

Any advice and guidance will be much appreciated.

Thank you and Happy Trading.

Just one single true technique in trading takes 3 years to truly understand and master. %5 of traders can only make in 95% of all traders, so understand this well that when reality sets in. "55"

Hi all!

I've been trading the Forex market for a few years now and have joined T2W in order to help others starting out or struggling. I will be posting on these forums regularly so do come and you are free to fire your questions at me anytime.. :)

I am new to trading and want to get started in the forex market. can someone explain what are pips i still dont understand the concept after reading some articles on it.

Hi all!

I've been trading the Forex market for a few years now and have joined T2W in order to help others starting out or struggling. I will be posting on these forums regularly so do come and you are free to fire your questions at me anytime.. :)
Hi logical-trader. I am trying to develop my trading skills and look forward to reading your contributions,thanks, but how the hell do I find them on this complicated but valuable w/site?

hie everyone.

im eid. im new to trading/investment world.
& im here to learn.

could anyone suggest me any trading books, courses or sites for a beginner?

thanks.

happy trading!! :)
cheers.

Hello dear!!!:)

Hi,

This is Biodun. I am new here and would like to introduce myself. I am a Professional Forex trader. I have a lot of experience to learn how to trade Forex market successfully.
I hope, I will have a good relationship with all of you. Look forward to talk with you.

Cheers,
Biodun