Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi everyone!

My names Will Mackie, I'm from Glasgow, Scotland.

I've had about a years experience in trading forex and just under 2 years trading pink sheets on the OTC markets.

As a matter of interest, how long does it take to get your account approved?
I'm unable to start new threads!

Hi My name is steve
I have around 2 years spreadbetting experience and am currently focusing on becoming a full time trader working from home. However I have much to learn before I reach that stage.

I focus on mainly on the US Markets ( Mostly sp500)
I am keen to learn more about trading psychology and basically everything I can and am keen to hear from like minded individuals. The trouble im having at the moment is their are so many scammers out there claiming to offer people work only to try and sell you some kind of training course.

welcome to the forum Steve, you may be interested in the sp500 forum competition, have a look in the indices. (y)

Hello,

We have BG/SBLC, specifically for lease at a leasing price of 5+2 of face value Issuance by HSBC London/Hong Kong or any other 25 top AA rated Bank in Europe, Middle East or USA. We also secure funding, project loans for 3% APR
Email: [email protected]
Tel: + 44 207-060-1150

Forex Eagle: This is an iOS app that sends you push notifications whenever price moves by a certain amount or percentage set by the user. It does this for 10 major currency pairs. There is no other forex alert app that has such a capability. It is a must-have tool for active traders. Also there is no need to create user accounts and passwords. Just install, set your alert preferences, and you are good to go.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/forex-eagle/id588194033?ls=1&mt=8

Hello T2W! -

Happy New Year from the US Midwest...

My New Year's goal is to re-enter trading the right way after a multi-year hiatus...

May good fortune find us all in 2013!

:) Hello T2W and everyone,
My name Tri, I am inVietnam.
I am an investor in Stocks and trader in Forex.
:D I hope I will learn Forex from all in this forum.

^_^ Happy new year to all.

Hello All.

I am an options trader, or more accurately an options seller, mostly of indexes like SPX and NDX, also some equities.

Hi everyone,

I joined this forum to gain knowledge into the art of trading..all I've come across so far online is people selling indicator based systems and not actually teaching you HOW to trade...am I correct??

What I've learned so far:

Keep it simple
Establish trend line
Establish S/R lines
opened demo account...observing market/prices see what happens when prices breach these lines...REAL traders out there am I on the right track???

I feel like a member of AA, confessing my sins as an habitual trader. Having traded equities/options, as a professional from '88 to 2000 when the dot.com took many of us out of the business. Since then I have traded minis and the Forex on a few different occasions, but it appears that I don't have the patience anymore. I would love to find someone with the Holy Grail.

Hi there everyone :)

As the founder of a trading technology software and services start-up, I've recently joined this forum to do some research into:
* what software, systems and broker connectivity people are using
* what level of appetite there might be for algo-trading by individuals or better, small prop-trading firms, including stat-arb, news driven or other high-frequency strategies.
* keenness for prop traders to be able to join together and share institutional-grade broker connectivity, market data feeds and risk systems for less cost than they might think is possible.
* whether there are some derivatives prop traders who want to get into market-making but are lacking the technology to manage the risk

As someone who worked for the front-office software development group of a major US broker-dealer for several years and then later for one of the larger trading system providers to the investment banking sector in the algo systems trading group, I'm pretty well positioned in terms of understanding the needs of these types of traders, particularly derivatives traders and their real-time risk systems.

We do offer some products but they're not your typical retail level shrink-wrapped software products, they're more designed to be offered as part of broader services, and so this isn't an attempt to spam/sell directly.

Feel free to get in touch if you're looking to set up a small office and want some top grade broker connectivity and systems but don't want to deal with the technology side directly.

Regards and successful trading.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I joined this forum to gain knowledge into the art of trading..all I've come across so far online is people selling indicator based systems and not actually teaching you HOW to trade...am I correct??

You are probably correct. They seem to dominate. I would say, also, that you are on the right track . . . a better track.:D

Hi, I have only been trading for about 3 months, loads to learn but am enjoying it so far. great to have this forum and see how unselfish and giving many of the long term traders are, so very different from what I was doing before!:D

Hi, I have only been trading for about 3 months, loads to learn but am enjoying it so far. great to have this forum and see how unselfish and giving many of the long term traders are, so very different from what I was doing before!:D

Just out of curiosity, what were you doing before?

Well, just be careful then. There seems to be as many false prophets in this area as there are in Internet Marketing. This forum seems to be more legit, though.

Thanks for the warning Radleigh Lee, luckily I do seem to have found a couple of people who appear genuinely wanting to help. Looking forward to getting better at the paper trading before moving on.