Sticky Introduce Yourself

Wow, so much information and conversation here!

Hi! My name is Lisa.

Quick question: What is the origin of the 'City' in 'City trader'? Is the expression used only in London?

Hi,
I used to trade the US markets using Level 2 (after some training sessions with Allan Rich).
I stopped trading five or six years ago mainly because I could no longer stand the pain of losing (was 5K down at that point).

I have recently rediscovered the markets, but I am looking to swing trade the UK markets mid to longer term (off the weekly & monthly charts) because the charts in these time frames offer me more consistent trading opportunities.

I am currently testing a method for trading trends and will not go live until I have tested the backside out of my system and have proven to myself, without a shadow of doubt that I can manage myself and my trades and follow my trading plan.

Having never traded UK stocks before, I am a little confused as to how the prices are shown are they shown as pence or pounds and pence? do the prices move 1p at a time or 10th's of a pence?

Hi,

I was away on a long-project overseas.
Will be visiting this board quite often.

Currently, can anyone help me resolve the real data server issues of MT Predictor RT addon for NInjA 7 please..

-eevra

Hello Traders,

I am Steven Chin from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Just quit my day job to devote more time for learning to trade, starting with Options. Look forward to learn from you guys and also to contribute to this body of knowledge.

Hope to connect more traders from Malaysia. Cheers!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I am back trading on a full time bases after a few years break. I am a long time TradeStation user and always looking for tips.

Happy Trading.
Chris Tina Bruce

Hello, I just joined this forum. Can I get your opinions on why people don't believe that someone could actually constistenly and accurately predict the S&P500 out 2 to 4 months. Is this because of dogma?

Hi, just joined the forum but started using it recently, I work in Trade Support and looking to become a Trader. Any advice as noticed most junior traders hired via grad programmes?

Hi, just joined so hopefully I will be well informed by all you experienced traders. I usually can be found using the ADVFN site. I have been 'trading' for a few years but this year started taking control of my SIPP as I was fed up with the pro's loosing me my money. Started in Jan doing better than I thought but need to learn, A LOT!! Any help re SIPP's different veiws on trading would be welcome, I have been dealing a lot taking small profits in the main and it has provrd OK for me, but there are always better ideas out there. Looking towards a successful 2013 now!! Good luck. Stormy

PS, I am also active in an Investment Club!!

Last edited:
New here, just joined today, I look forward to engaging with the community and learning from this great wealth of knowledge.

Hi I'm new here.

Traded for a couple of months stocks on Ameritrade but my account got closed as I'm not in the US. Made on average just above 5% per month, which made me want for more. I started with 5K$ so I'm not a billionaire yet, neither can I live from it.

Switched now to Zecco on the basis of their low rates. I'm not too happy with it, apart from the fact that the platform is way inferior from Ameritrade, the biggest issue I have with them is the very slow execution of the trades. When submitting an order it's marked as "under review" and it feels like ages until it's placed.

I'll see what the tradeking merger gives, if we're not kicked out again. In the meantime if anyone has good experience with online stock trading platforms, open to US citizens, let me know.

I'm also going to start trying forex in the contest, see what that gives.

Greetings from a cloudy Dubai

Hi guys... new here on trade2win....please would appreciate anyone holding me by the hand...happy trading to you all...Emmanuel.

Hi guys... new here on trade2win....please would appreciate anyone holding me by the hand...happy trading to you all...Emmanuel.

My name is Brady, I a have been learning the Forex market for about a year now. I have been focusing on global economics and price action. I also trade stock/commodities.