Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi all

I have had a keen "hobby" interest in trading for a number of years now and read so much information either in books, blogs, courses or just generally on the internet - some of which has been good, some of which has not been good. Although I feel I have a good grounding in Technical Analysis, having read so much information, I feel almost back at the beginning and can't see the wood for the trees.

I have traded independently in a very small way around four years or so ago but stopped as I lost my small margin and realise that I was in the wrong place psychologically ("oh no, I've wasted £xxx gambling"). I am in a much more controlled mindset now and am able to treat it more as a business as opposed to a hobby accepting that losses are to be accepted as "business expenses".

Currently at a crossroads in my life in a fulltime job where I can't progress further although I have more to give, I have been moving closer to starting a new business in retail. However, deep down, my heart isn't really in retail and I keep coming back to trading as a viable alternative business.

The crux of the matter is that I would like a "mentor" / "case-conference colleague" with whom I could discuss things with and meet with to see how things work in reality and to benefit from their experience. I know people will advise me to "do your own learning as the journey is often greater than the destination" or similar lines but this is a genuine request. I'm not being lazy, I just want to streamline the process with a genuine person who is making a living by trading.

I'm not so naive as to expect anybody to give me their time, knowledge, experience and "methods" freely and therefore would be prepared to recompense a person I work with in return. As I have stated, I treat this as a business and as such would be willing, if one wishes, to have a contract drawn up to protect both of our interests.

I accept that by putting this post up that I will no doubt be contacted by companies acting as individuals trying to sell their "systems" or "methods" or people recommending such systems - I am not interested in them. I am keen to hear from individual, private, "home" investors that make a genuine living from trading.

PLEASE NOTE, THAT IT IS NOT MY INTENTION TO OFFEND ANYONE, SO IF THIS IS OF NO INTEREST TO YOU, PLEASE JUST IGNORE.

EQUALLY, MODERATORS PLEASE NOTE, NOR DO I WISH TO BREAK ANY T2W RULES OR COURTESIES SO IF I HAVE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL WITHDRAW THE POST OR ALTER IT ACCORDINGLY.

IF ON THE OTHER HAND, YOU ARE MAKING A GENUINE LIVING TRADING AND FEEL THAT YOU COULD MENTOR A KEEN & GENUINE PERSON, PLEASE PRIVATELY MESSAGE ME SO THAT WE CAN DISCUSS IN FURTHER DETAIL.

Many thanks for reading.

Hi
i am new to this site but i have been trading options for a while.
i am now looking for a decent UK options broker. I prefer to trade via a platform rather than via phone. any suggestions. i did try interactive brokers but they were very complicated :sleep:

Hello Everyone
I am beginning to trade currency etfs and looking to trade FOREX
Looking forward to learing alot from the contributors to t2w

Good morning all,

I hope you are all well, just a quick message to introduce myself, I'm James Kobetic, 24, London. I've been dabbling in the markets for the past few years, I started out in the Joinery Business, moving through to property development, turning my hand to many and most things along the way! Hoping to get more involved with the communities & forums out there, of course, I came here first!

I look forward to getting stuck in!

Regards,

James.

Dear All wonderful Friends/ Traders
I am so delighted to be here in the Middle of very experienced Traders of the world
I am interested in DRUMMOND GEOMETRY ... Does Someone help to see the application on trading chart ?
God Bless You,
BePEACE

Hello everyone, I hope I will get myself into your community because trading looks like a thing I would love to do!

Hi,

I am an expat living in Shanghai. Due to the lack of regulations here, it is a hot place for investment scammers. I found t2w to be a good place to check for information on the rotten tomatos in the investment business.

Kuno80