Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello Everybody,

Brief intro about myself: my real name is Ngo, my nick is rausach88 and I have been trading stocks since 2007 and been familiar with forex trading since 2003. I do forex trading as part of my hobby, ie. I do not hope to make money much about trading forex, so I have confidence and patience when trading.

I am from Hanoi, Vietnam and currently working in a local bank.

Nice to know everyone in this forum.

Regards,
Ngo

Hi ngo,

Nice to meet you here. People here are friendly and nice so don't hesitate to leave a message. Sharing your ideas,experience and etc. in fx. Hope to hear from you soon... :)

Hello. I am new to this forum but am active in some other forums.

I am a member of the EzeFX group (ezefx.com) and run software we develop as well as some other commercial EAs. I have been trading for about seven years but am useless at manual trading which is why I find developing and running EAs so useful and rewarding.

Hopefully I can make some meaningful contributions to the forum and look forward to taking part.

Hello all, Tom here from Dublin Ireland. I'm a trading virgin but have a very strong interest in FX trading, just here trying to learn as much as I can. On a side note, I am cosidering starting my trading with the sum of 500 euro in your educated experience would I be wasting my time trying to trade on the FX with such a small sum?

Thank you.

Hello all, Tom here from Dublin Ireland. I'm a trading virgin but have a very strong interest in FX trading, just here trying to learn as much as I can. On a side note, I am cosidering starting my trading with the sum of 500 euro in your educated experience would I be wasting my time trying to trade on the FX with such a small sum?

Thank you.

Hello Tom. Starting with 500 euros is fine but you should think about using a "cent" account with a broker. This will turn your 500 euros into 50,000 cents (or equivalent) so you can trade as if you had 50,000 euros but with only 1% of the risk. Not all Forex brokers offer this facility and some that do restrict you to a minimum lot size of 0.10 rather than 0.01.

Two brokers who offer cent accounts with 0.01 minimum lot size are FX Clearing (fxclearing.ca) and E-Global (forex4you).

But remember that you don't need any money to trade forex because almost all brokers will let you open a "demo" account where you trade with "monopoly" money while you learn. If you find a broker such as the two I mentioned above which allows you to run an MT4 account, you will be able to run Expert Advisors (robots) instead of trying to trade manually. Many of these are also available free of charge so you don't need to spend any money at all while you learn.

Finally, don't waste your 500 euros until you have become proficient and have the right broker and trading setup to have been profitable on demo for a while.

Hope this helps.

Hello Tom. Starting with 500 euros is fine but you should think about using a "cent" account with a broker. This will turn your 500 euros into 50,000 cents (or equivalent) so you can trade as if you had 50,000 euros but with only 1% of the risk. Not all Forex brokers offer this facility and some that do restrict you to a minimum lot size of 0.10 rather than 0.01.

Two brokers who offer cent accounts with 0.01 minimum lot size are FX Clearing (fxclearing.ca) and E-Global (forex4you).

But remember that you don't need any money to trade forex because almost all brokers will let you open a "demo" account where you trade with "monopoly" money while you learn. If you find a broker such as the two I mentioned above which allows you to run an MT4 account, you will be able to run Expert Advisors (robots) instead of trying to trade manually. Many of these are also available free of charge so you don't need to spend any money at all while you learn.

Finally, don't waste your 500 euros until you have become proficient and have the right broker and trading setup to have been profitable on demo for a while.

Hope this helps.

Hey CJB,

I have been trading manually on a demo account for about 3 days now, I was up 1400 euro on the first day but I am now down 4000 euro this alone has been a real eye opener.

The trading in cents sounds like a great idea to start and I think it would be the way to go for now.
I haven't tried robots but have seen a few advertised for sale online.

I'm guessing it will take months if not years to gain a deep understanding of trading, I was reading about the turtle techniques and was considering trying these but these strategies are probably outdated now.

Thanks for the great info 999cjb it is much appreciated.

Hello,
I'm a novice trader,but I'm interested to learn from this site more things than I can usually find on economics magazines...or simply read about tips that more experimented people kindly let us ''discover''

Hello, This is Jay from London, UK. I've been trading options part-time for about 6 months. I know I'll get good info and great traders on this site. Hopefully, I can make some contributions as well.
Nice to meet you all!

Hi everybody,

I am a bartender from France and discovered trading two years ago reading "Come into my trading room". Since then I read all the major books and practiced a lot with demo account. This forum also helped me a lot.

It might sound cliché but trading is what I want to do for a living, I always dreamt about bein able to achieve financial independence one day and I know this is the way even if it is incredibly harder than it seems at first.

I recently started to trade with real money, wish me luck. I trade currencies.

Thank You!!!

Hello, This is Jay from London, UK. I've been trading options part-time for about 6 months. I know I'll get good info and great traders on this site. Hopefully, I can make some contributions as well.
Nice to meet you all!

Hi, Nice to meet you here people here are good and nice. So, don't hesitate to leave a message here sharing your opinions and experience in fx. Happy trading... :)

Good afternoon all,

I am TGS1. It's the TLA (three letter acronym) for The Gunslinger, which was already taken (as was just TGS). Derived from the main character in one of my favorite novel series, Roland.

I've been on and off learning to trade for nearly five years. E-mini futures and Forex are my playgrounds. I've been concentrating on using just PA with S/R levels and Fibs though at first I went down the covering my charts in indicators path. I work full time in IT, so I do what chart time I can with the E-minis during the day and Forex on longer time frames later in the day. I've had pretty good success in my demoing, but that was before I took a hiatus from trading. So more chart time is called for!

Stumbled upon T2W via a link from another forum. Figured another resource for learning trading is nothing but a good thing! So with that, may your trades be fruitful.

Gawd, innit marvelous - I say hello and get no response in 12 days, a distaff member arrives and gets a reply in 40 minutes!

Sex discrimination it is, mutter mumble....

:)hello,Although I dont know what time did you post,don't to think it is the worst which may be it breeds with good. I 'm sincerely want to became your friends,and I am just a new registration,I want to made friends with a lot of people and further to learning more through this site.Can you become my friends?

hello,everyone.can you have a dinner?oh,It's time to have a lunch break.:)I am just a new registration.I am also pleased that today is my birthday.I love to smiling and I sincerly hope that I can make friends with a lot of people and further to learning more through this site.oh,I forget this,I am form china and living in Guangzhou.I wish to receiving your early reply.thanks

August 2011? Did you study or trade demo prior to going live?

Money/Risk Management is THE most important thing - it allows you to preserve your capital, which honestly, inattention to this is why 75% go bust.

Hello, yes I started at the end of July 2011 and I'm trading a small amount in a real account after many weeks of testing in a demo account. I'm spending about 10 to 12 hours a day on forex learning. The strategy is very simple and essentially based on bollinger bands. Still now I'm loosing money. But now I'm reading this useful forum also.
Gaetano

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

Hello everybody,

I am a college student,

I have no experience at all in trading,

I bought my first stock in EA this past summer,

I have been reading books and been on sites like this to learn as much I can,

I want to learn about swing trading and long term investing,

I hope to gain everything from this site, and someday give back to this site as well.

I look forward to being a part of this community. Thank you

Raymond
10/19/2011