Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi,

I have been in Forex for more than 15 years but only been trading retail level last 5 years. Hope to be able to contribute here... and learn at the same time

Thanks

15 years??? wao!!!! I have a lot to learn from you! I started spreadbetting barely a month ago on the major currencies. I just study the charts before decided to buy or sell.

I have an account with IG Index and turned £100 into £255 within a week! Transfered the £155 profit back into my bank account and turned the remaining £100 into £210 within 2 weeks then as usual moved the profit back into my account but now the £100 has dropped to £20!!!!!!!!!!

I think my problems may be greed, indiscipline and indecision.

As a VETERAN can you give me advice cos I intend to make a large deposit into my account with the hope of making reasonable net gains on a daily basis.

Thanks

Hey everyone,

I'm a student in my second year at college, soon to start university. Wanted a (fairly) easy way to make some cash and thought trading would be a good way to do it. I don't have much capital to invest, though.

I've never invested or traded much, but recently I have dabbled in spread betting with IG Index. I can't say it was too successful, depositing about £75 and ending up with nothing. I made a few substantial profits, but made a lot of stupid mistakes and I guess poor execution of trades overall.

After losing so much in spread betting, I've had a few cynical thoughts about the way the system works. I suppose IG's ideal situation is when its customers lose money, because if you win they are the ones who have to pay out. So does their vested interest in you losing mean they are manipulating prices to make you lose?

I'm definitely going to be more cautious in the future and hopefully learn some things from the T2W forums. If anyone has any winning spread betting strategies, please let me know!

Thanks.

It took me more than 4 years to be consistently profitable trading currency..............I only found last year about Oanda...............They have great spreads and you can trade any amount you want............This has been very good for small trader like me...................Oanda is the best company.............

Hi,

I'm Sundip and just came across this thread. Interested in spreadbetting and giving feedback to PC at CMC or any competitors on how to make their platforms better

Regards

Sundip

Hi,

I joined this site a couple of months back but sorry I didn't get the time to say hello to everyone here, however, I am here to say a Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening to everyone on this site.

I am currently trading as a day trader and looking to find a best buy/sell signal software. I am using sharescope but didn't find it as helpful as it should be or I wanted it to be. Now thinking of Trend Signal or e-Signal. Has anyone used it? What is your opinion on these?

Thanks and Regards.

Hi I'm Booger,

Three months ago I sold my house and my business, specifically to give me the time and the money to learn how to trade. Been at it about three months now, and so far only lost a few thousand pounds :D I'm now getting to the point where I can see something is stupid before I do it, although then I usually do it anyway..

Hi Booger,
Thanks for reply. You are not the only one in this boat except that I didn't sell my house, so far. I think it is best to wait for opportunity. I am sure there will be soon. I am guessing by end of June the market will start to pick up.
Regards

hi
i was introduced to trading through a trading competition in south africa in 2004. since then i have dried up the trading account on many occasions. past 5 months i have been day trading full time. and have now dried up this account too. i am now broke, and while i search for employement i`m searching for a forex trading system i can trade that will allow me to not to be in front of the screen during the trade.

greetings to all from a fairly cold NE of England (even in June).
I'm John, been end-of-day trading since going on a course in April. I like to think I've worked really hard since then: chart-gazing, reading books and on-line material. What I haven't done yet is make any money - now there's a surprise!
However, given what's been happening with the FTSE, my 1% loss over that period may almost count as a success!! (please tell me it is).
Main thing is I'm really enjoying the process - being (mostly) retired I can schedule my day however I please - so finding time is not a problem. I think I have learned a lot in 2 months BUT I know there is still an awful lot to learn.
So far, only traded stocks (UK 350) but, once I feel I am reasonably competent with that, I am very interested in moving on to Forex. However, not in a rush, and, as I said above, I know I have loads to learn.
So I look forward to meeting lots of traders here both in a similar state of ignorance (so we can sympathise) and in an advanced state of knowledge (so I can learn).

Hello all,

I'm new to Traiding and New to this Forum. I live in Reston VA so any mentors out there feel free to get in contact with me :clap:

I'am giving binary options a newbie go, and hoping things work out.

I am testing the 3 duck's system, but this is obviously not the right place to ask questions.

Nice to meet you all.

RealSavoy.

Hello,
I decided it's time to stop gambling at spread betting as I'm losing overall. I'll be browsing the forum for a while as my understanding of fibonacci and tramlines just isn't working overall. Time to paper trade only and figure out what works for me...

Hello,
I trade on daily basis, what are you trading?
I might be able to give you few ways to trade Footse100 futures?
If intrested let me know.

Hello - I am new to trading and have been studying TradeStation Easy Language, so I want to understand this program better before I really start trading.

Addison

This would be of great help.

Monday
Main trend down
look for sell at 5829
stoploss 5879
profittargets 5723

sell only, today's orders placed
when market is within 5829 and 5819 range that is the condition which you must follow
otherwise the system will not produce good results.

Hello - I am new to trading and have been studying TradeStation Easy Language, so I want to understand this program better before I really start trading.

Addison

Wellcome,
If you are going to write trading systems then you need to learn how to use Easy Language,