Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi everyone

Thought I'd introduce myself.

I've been trading for about 3 years now (took the plunge when the markets crashed in 2008). I only trade ASX listed equities as I don't feel comfortable with other instruments - plus I haven't become the best I can be at trading equities yet.

Only up untill 1 year ago I was really just gambling and putting bets into speculative miners, fast forward a few years and a few thousand dollars gambled away I decided to educate myself through books and the internet. Now I trade using technical analysis and of course I incorporate money management rules.

I must say this site has so many good articles which help to concrete the trading psychology which I think is the most important aspect. I'm especially fond of the 38 Steps to becoming a trader post - so so true, it makes me determined to get to step 36.

No matter what stage you are at there is always so much to learn, my goal is to continually sharpen my trading skills, tweak my trading plan and concrete my trading psychology.

Thanks all for this fantastic resource.

Peace.

Andrew

Just getting started.
Purchased a copy of Omega Research Prosuite 2000i in 1999, used it for a few months before being pulled aside into Quarter Midget Racing with my grandson - what became a full time job for me as Car owner, crew chief, and Hauler driver.
I have now rekindled my interest in technical trading and have begun studying Arbitrage as an investment strategy. While studying what that is all about, I looked into what is going on today with trading platforms and was surprised to find My 12 year old Prosuite 2000i is still in use. Tradestation Securities uses it and I have found others in this forum using stand alone versions like mine.
So here I am to learn all I can about online trading and Tradestation from what appears to be a valuable Forum called T2W.
Thanks for the opportunity.

Hi Traders,
Just introducing myself self taught trader and now trading full time.
Mainly UK US indexes for income and pension build up

I've just joined site, and going through it myself
there are loads of useful hints if you check newbie section.......
hope that helps you

I found out about this site from net. I'm a new (re-)registration,Still making some very stupid mistakes that were glaringly obvious in hindsight, and should have been obvious at the time.

Hello, I am new to the forum but have been trading weekly options for 1 year. Many winners and a few great losses. Any advice?

General advice is usually the opposite many small losses but few big wins.
Profit loss ratio is 3:1 & upwards.

I haven't really been on much but I'm going to start posting more. I'm an aspiring day trader that is currently in college in Miami,FL studying Economics. I know the odds, but I'm looking forward to learning more and being a profitable trader.
-Ryan

my name is Mark I live in Toronto Canada

I have been trading for about 6 years I do ok.

I use the 60sma.
I like Jimmy Young and of coarse Andy Perry's stuff
I normally use the 4 hour, 1 hour, 5 mins of the 3 ducks
but at markets open and news reports I will use the 1 hour, 15 min 5 min of jimmy young

I do try and rate the 7 main currances like Andy does.
I do this before the NY open 1st thing in the morning
but I use the pair angle and last swing as well to give me 1 to 3 rating
( I use 4 hour line graph)
1. under/over 60SMA =1 point
2. see a clear angle on 60SMA in line with 1.=1point
3. last swing in line with 1. and 2.=1point
total of 3 possible points
I have a real job so I tend to set and forget
looking forward to seeing what others do

mark

Hi,

How can I start a thread on this forum? I have contacted the support desk a few times ..no reply...contacted a moderator....no reply... anyone out there able to shed some light?

When i attempt to start a thread it goes to a webpage that says I may not be authorized or facility may be disabled.

Thanks

Hi, I've been trading cfds and forex for a few months - have a lot to learn, so hoping I can do that here! Hello to everyone!:)

Re: happy newbie

Hi people in the real world. I would just like to say thanks to all the people on this site that have posted comments on Vince Stanzione.. I recently recieved a flyer of his through the post promising millions-in months. I very nearly parted with a few hundred quid,but thanks to the reviews on this site,my cash is still in my pocket...About myself-i do dabble in the stock market a bit, a few ups and downs (rbs) over the years and was thinking about trying spread betting. If anyone has some first step advice i would be very greatfull-once again,many thanks-marcus:

Hello folks...
I like to trade stock and ETF and would like to learn more about risk management in trading and to learn good and effective strategies and analyze the charts to know the high probability set up. I am interested to learn more about dividend stocks but how to beta weight the portfolio and other methods like buying put at the onset or when the market starts to fall?

syed yasir (EUrO-BUYeR)

hi every-body
this is syed yasir here, today its my first experience day in actual online trading and i earn here, secondly i sell EURO at 1.4177 for down 10-20 points, , ,what u say, could it be favorable for tha day?????

Hi Folks,

Just joined to try and get a piece of software added into the reviews section but thought I'd say hi at the same time. This BB looks great and appears to have some really sensible chilled out posters. Great to see!

Hi Everybody

I am glad to have found a site where all aspects of trading can be freely discussed.
I intend to start trading currencies shortly.

Hi All

I have been playing around with both stock market trading and in more recent years Forex making a little, loosing a bit more and have now decided to take it all a bit more seriously.

Have recently purchased Net Trap and NNT and am a little disappointed with both, although I can see the potential with both systems although my knowledge is not good enough to start modifying the systems so have come along to T2W after hearing about this forum on the NNT forum.

Roger:)

Hi everyone,
another newbie joining up having absolutely no previous experience in trading but with a real interest in ultimately making fx trading a career alternative. I would be interested to hear a few opinions on whether it is realistic to expect to be able to self teach just from reading articles and blogs on forums like this, or whether I have to bite the bullet and part with £1-2k to go on a course.

I am currently having a "play" using an fxcm paper account and if I've learned one thing, it is that I don't know squat.

tony