Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello. I have worked in the financial markets for many years in various capacities, mostly at options and futures exchanges.

I now make a living from daytrading. I trade currency futures and stock index futures, mostly the Euro, Pound, E-mini, Nasdaq, and German DAX. The Internet has made trading at home much easier than it was in the 'old days'.

I used to trade forex, but over time realized that it is better to only monitor forex prices - but execute the trade in currency futures.

Hope to communicate with other traders here. Trading can be isolating sometimes.

Hi n welcome to the community.

Cud I just ask you why you trade Futures while monitoring Spot Forex? Why not place the trade on the spot itself? Cheers mate.

G'Day All. Just joined here after a friend recommended the site. I have been live trading with a small (2kaud) account for 6 months, with limited success. Am concentrating on learning pure price action, after learning the hard way the futility of following various lagging indicators.

Lots of interesting topics here in this very active forum, so I am sure that will keep me busy while waiting for valid trade setups. Off to do some exploring here....

Cheers,
Phil(aussiegold)

G'Day All. Just joined here after a friend recommended the site. I have been live trading with a small (2kaud) account for 6 months, with limited success. Am concentrating on learning pure price action, after learning the hard way the futility of following various lagging indicators.

Lots of interesting topics here in this very active forum, so I am sure that will keep me busy while waiting for valid trade setups. Off to do some exploring here....

Cheers,
Phil(aussiegold)
Hi Phil, Welcome to the forum, I am in a similar situation I started in October and am 70 % down, I am with Elite traders and I do not think that they are a scam I have not been successful. A couple of the first losses were my fault, I accept that by being too gung ho and be careful trading the yen with the decimals, but If you would like to share some experiences just send me an e-mail, I live on the Gold Coast, e-mail [email protected],
cheers
Rainer

Just stumbled upon this forum and thought I would Join. Newbie to the game but more than willing to learn!

Hi! Its Laurel!

I am trading forex now for a long time but I always like to learn new things!

Hello.
I am new to this forum and wan tot know if anyone knows of a good firm for trading US securities and if anyone out there trades the US market regularly?
I am looking for good firm where you may or may not need to put up capital.
Thanks

hai every body i just enterd in a vaaaast area from a small closet just astarting trouble .................. sorry please i willsoon in track........... ok

Hi, I am new to the trading advantage and just tarted taking the courss n progress. So ar I found the courses are very well organized and taught. I am looking forward to success in the trading.

Hi All

Its all a new beginning for me:

I am what I am and will be what I end up as:

I am sure my journey will be an interesting one amongst you all:

Student with Larry levin's TA program--recommended for people that want to learn to place their own trades and not have someone do it for them.

Hi, I only registered as I was fascinated on the thread regarding restricted shares and was looking for advice on how to de-restrict some shares Ibought in 2008. Yes I was duped and the shares are relatively worthless in relation to what I paid but now that I have held them for more than the 'holding period' I would still like to have them derestricted in order to recoup some ofmy losses.

I now can't find the thread I was originally reading through, can someone help?

Hi everyone! I'm brand spanking new to the Trade2Win forums.

Feel free to read my profile. Feedback is appreciated!

Michael tiny Saul

Username: tinyboy

Hello Everyone.

I have looked into many forums, but this one for some reason keeps stopping me to join, so I did.

Looks like there are many newbies so that will help not sounding stupid if I ask a daft question.

Also hope I can help others eventually.

Thank you.

Hello! I'm new to investing.
I've been reading basic books on trading recently, and reading here quite a bit.
Can some one point me to where I could do demo/paper trading?
Also, can somebody point to a discussion of Guy Cohen's Flag Trader program?
Thanks.

Hello all,

I am newbie trader/investor (approx. 1 year) currently making all of the mistakes in the book, but trying to stick it out in the long term with the hope of maybe one day making a profit. I have huge realised losses - went in gung ho asssuming it would be easy - but I guess this is all part of the process.
For anyone starting this caper, you've heard it a million times, but start with really small positions and save yourselves a lot of pain and loss during the learning period. I read this advice many times, ignored it, and am now feeling the consequences. It isn't easy (for me at least !), despite what many of the "gurus" advertising their courses may lead you to believe. More homework necessary.
Good luck to you all and I look forward to reading your posts.

Last edited: