Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi,

I'm totally new to trading. Whilst googling various random research questions about trading, I kept getting hits on the"trade2win" forum... I guessed there must be a good reason for that, so I registered today.

I only started recently looking into the stock markets because of my ISA (decided to switch ISA products to a "self-select" stocks/share ISA). As part of my researching I also became interested in spread-betting and CFDs, and have been dabbling a little over last 2 weeks (and despite some initial successes, my average performance seems well... pretty average). We'll see how it goes. I might ask for advice later.

But that's all for now, for my introduction.

Seeya.

Hi All,

My background is in sport betting, I'm hoping to invest some of my money in less risky areas and thus have joined because of the wealth of information and quality posts from those who invest in different ways. I am looking to use a self select isa and log my progress here - a more risk averse approach (but still using same principles of "value" as I use for my sports betting), I am hoping I can learn and also to contribute back some good ideas.

Looking forward to getting involved.

Hello everyone,

Good to be part of a trading community of this magnitude. I know i will get to learn alot more from you guys, and i am willing to bring to table the little that i know. I have mainly been paper trading because all my live account were margined out due to lack of discipline on my part. What i really want to get out of this community is a sense of accountability, where someone will ask how i am doing with sticking by the rules, money management etc. I pretty much have the technical stuff figured out.

Please help.

Thanks

Steven

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/

Hi
I am an absolute beginner and trying to find out a bit about trading etc ......
Came across a couple of names and trying to find out the experiences others may have had with them
1 Vince Stanzione - financial spread betting
2 Richard Hill - forex net trap
where do i start ?

Hello All,

Some very excellent advice I have already found in the the essential step stickies.

I have no idea what I am going to trade, I haven't got a clue how i'm going to trade!

The reason this is that for about 2 years been 'trading' on the sports markets but because I know 'Football', I know about favourites but I always kept getting caught cause I know I'm right adn the market will move in my direction! My calls where always clouded because I knew better than the market!!!!

So I thought I need to try something else and one of the books I had read, Discplined Trader, mentioned Forex. So Friday I googled and set up my first paper account with i think Forex.com.

On saturday I stumbled across this excellent site and been trying to get my head round the markets, the types of trading and all the info contained within the site.

When I first came across forex i thought it was only currenices I could trade on but now it looks like there are a multitude of markets like sports trading to trade.

I presume that I need to pick one and stick with it?

Cheers

Ian

Hi everyone! My name is shaunna and ive been into forex trading for a year already and so far doing good. i would just like to share my thoughts and knowledge to other people as well as meet new people and find out more about their opinions.

Hi all.
My name is Gary, i have no trading experience at all, i nearly joined trading Elite club but after reading posts hear today i have changed my mind. I look forward to the start of my journey and have taken the first step today.

Gary

Hey everyone,

I've been creeping around the forums for awhile and I finally decided to post. Seems like there's a good community here and I've been looking for a good trading forum. I used to post on forexfactory but now that I'm trying to also trade options, I wanted a broader forum.

I've been trading forex for a few years in a microaccount. I finally put more money into my account. I'm also studying options and playing around with thinkorswim paper trading.

I post some of my trades on my blog; nothing big but I'm thinking about making a trading journal here so I can get some advice from some of the more veteran traders.

Anyway, just figured I'd introduce myself!

Hellooooo~

Hello all! I ran across the forum searching for something or another and thought I'd sign up. I'm always interested in what other traders have on their minds.

Hi everyone! My name is shaunna and ive been into forex trading for a year already and so far doing good. i would just like to share my thoughts and knowledge to other people as well as meet new people and find out more about their opinions.

Hi Shauna, I am into the FX and futures for a few month and have not done very well and would be interested to share thoughts.
You can e-mail if prefer to [email protected].
I live in Australia and think we might be in the wrong time xone???
cheers
Rainer

Hello People,

Got no idea what is going on with this market, cpd, short stock, etc etc jargon but im looking to learn. new to the forum and i thought id say hello. i have been trading for a couple of weeks while at work :). i have been on IG index and mainly been trading on the ftse and currencys, looking into commoderties at the moments but i am unsure of how things work and where to look for market information becuase at the moment my trade placeing is completly random, which is not good!!!! if anyone has any good resources or websites etc please message me.

I am going to go back to reading this site which i think i could spend hours on :) so if anyone has any idears of where i should search on this forum please let me know. happy trading people and good luck...

Well, it looks like there is a group of us who are about to become friends in the trading world! I work with currencies and use Turbo Morning Trade as my EA, but during the day I also trade. I have no strategy. I have read a lot from different forums and have tried different ones, but for me they seem so complicated! And as someone else said, all the abbreviations stump me because I know what they are but not by heart, so I don't bother to look them up, although I know I should.

I traded at first just with the EA (expert advisor) from Mark Eric's Morning Trade. But that doesn't kick in until 1:30 a.m. my time in the States. And for me, since I started in December, the EA just lost me money. I later learned that the EA does not do well during the holiday and it would be best not to use it till around mid January. But this is someone doing it for me.

I'm more of a hand's on approach. I still use the EA, and it's a 50-50 sort of thing. So I keep that for night because I don't have to watch it. I hold my breath every morning to see what it's done.

During the day, I watch the candlesticks. I have studied up on this and I don't use a strategy. I use an unorthodox sort of game I play watching them. I first used M1 time frame but that's where I lost more than won. It's too volatile and moves quickly and it's hard to gauge what it will do next unless you have a stategy. So this past week I switched to M15. This is much better and I do better at it.

So that's it. My totally newbie philosophy with trading. I would like to learn what other newbies are doing and why. Please share.

Hi People,
Totally new to this kind of investing and found this site when i was searching for a list of of future ex dividend dates for uk shares alas i`m still looking!
Hope you are all well

Hi everybody.
I am new to this forum but have been trading for just over a year. Didn't paper trade, just watched a few trades and then jumped in with both feet. Haven't made a fortune yet, or I wouldn't be here!
Just hope I can pick up some pointers in here to help get my profits up. Who has the magic formula?

Hi all,
Hopefully not a dumb question is metatrader4 the best trading format to use (for a newbie).
Any suggestion please.

LJS

Hi all,
Hopefully not a dumb question is metatrader4 the best trading format to use (for a newbie).
Any suggestion please.

LJS

MT4 is what I first started using when trading forex. I like the platform, nice and simple and can be customized a whole lot. I used a lot of custom indicators that were made by a few fellow traders.

I currently use FX Solutions, FX Accucharts. I'm used to it now but would have no problem going back to MT4.

As for being a newbie, I think all platforms get a bit hectic for a newbie. I remember when i first opened up MT4 I was so very lost. Whatever platform you decide to go with, get accustomed with it.

hello Im Andy from Asia,

i have 7 years experience in forex market, i have discover more than 100 trading strategy and convert it to robotic. i think i can contribute well in this forum, so guys thanx for this opportunity to share my knowledge.

Happy Trading

Andy