Sticky Introduce Yourself

Here is an idea - how about you crawl back into the hole from whence you came...

Not only have you come on here, masquerading as a happy client of yourself, you have also done similar on Wikipedia on the same weekend. All just before launching a new service. Below is the deleted Wikipedia entry on 'Sophie Gold' for some light reading, which was deleted for being FAKE :)

'The result was Delete, non-notable and spammy. 15:44, 6 February 2011 (UTC)

[edit] Sophie GoldSophie Gold (edit|talk|history|links|watch|logs) – (View log)
(Find sources: "Sophie Gold" – news · books · scholar · free images)
non-notable business-person, advert masquerading as encyclopedia article Nomoskedasticity (talk) 08:53, 6 February 2011 (UTC)

Delete. It should also be noted the sources come from the company the woman owns. Η936631 (talk) 09:26, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
Delete - no independent notability. Off2riorob (talk) 12:21, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
Delete - not notable, no reliable sources. Simon-in-sagamihara (talk) 12:59, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
Delete. Vanity/spam. Added evidence: zero hits for this name in the online Biography & Genealogy Master Index ("Biography and Genealogy Master Index is a comprehensive index to more than 12.7 million biographical sketches in more than 3,400 volumes and editions of current and retrospective reference books, covering both contemporary and historical figures throughout the world."). That includes several of the dubious Who's Who publications as well. --Quartermaster (talk) 13:27, 6 February 2011 (UTC)

Now I am not sure if 'Sophie Gold' is actually real, or if the whole thing is a SCAM. One thing is for certain, and that is that I would not trust anyone who pretends to be a happy client of their own business, and has to resort to deceptive tactics to gain business.

As for your assertion that you are a happy client (jeez, you even called yourself happytrader for pete's sake) when I first suggested that you were not, that just goes to illustrate to people the lengths that scammers will go to decieve you to secure your hard earned dough.

Be careful traders......

Hello Barramundi, firstly I don't feel that I have to defend that I am happy with the teaching that I have received from Sophie Gold and also whatever your opinion of this industry is you should not paint everyone with the same brush! let me ask you a question why bother going on this forum if you sit at home and just be negative from behind your computer screen??? Do you actually want to trade or are you just here to judge people.

I am sorry if you have had a bad experience with a trading training company in the past that is not my problem and I don't like the fact that you are so negative.

To be honest I came on this forum because I wanted to network with like-minded individuals and you know the funny thing the saying is true misery loves company and from what I have seen so far is that people like you love to take people apart and be rude when you don't even know the whole story! at the end of the day so what if you do not want to do a course with Sophie Gold or use her Gold IQ click service I mean she is not exactly prying it from your fingers is she???

And if you like ''investigating'' why not try a couple of these sites and actually find out who Sophie Gold is

http://www.sophiegold.com/

http://www.facebook.com/Sophie.GoldIQ

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/sophie-gold/4/709/730 ( you will find 10 recommendations on this page alone!)

I hope that we can network and share trading ideas going forward without the need to try and be horrible to someone you don't even know! (y)

Nice call out Barramundi BAAAAM.

You heard the man happytrader..... Back under the bridge where you belong, TROLL.

What's the deal with all the sprookers?

Anyway since this forum is in the theme of introdcuing ourselves..... Hi I am Lars.

Part time trader, avid learner.... Always looking for new info to improve "my game" so to speak. If anyone ever wants to shoot me some advice or have a chat, feel free to drop me a line.

Until then happy trading all.

Also I would ad that please do not get involved this whole thing is really not right, why is everyone so miserable on here and looking to take chunks out of people?

and PS are you trading FX or Commodities? I would love to network with other traders but can you all please drop the negativity. (y)

Hello rainerg,

Well I can tell you that the first thing that I learnt was to not focus on indicators. I know that you will say that there are studies that they work but I have to tell you it was so liberating when Sophie said forget about all these indicators on your chart and just focus on price and understanding how it moves.

OK so looking a price is the first thing, the next important thing is timing you should be aware of what moves when, so for example the best time to trade GBPUSD is between 7.15am-8.00am GMT time or USDCAD between 1pm-3pm GMT time or GBPJPY between 6am-7am GMT time. Timing is so crucial. The next thing I learnt relates to trading news just remember this saying ''Traders buy on the rumor, and sell on the news'' if you look normally 15-20mins before the news comes out the traders will already be moving the price in the direction that the spike will go when the news will come out, use this as an early warning and jump in and have fun.

And finally I learnt risk and money management, people often don't realize that if they don't manage their risk and money management they could have made pips at the end of the month but still be down in money terms.

I am happy to answer more questions, can I just ask what are you trading right now?

:)
Hi, you are getting a bit of bad press on these pages, you might have to own up or show cause why the negativity is uncalled for.I must say there seems to be a lot of it.
And heaps of scams in the industry.
Anyway I swing and position trade forex and some futures mainly softs and at times crude and gold. But choppy at the moment .
Cheers
Rainer

I think it would be appropriate to call me sceptical rather than negative.

You joined T2W on Saturday and began spouting glowing reviews of this Sophie Gold character just two days before she launches a website. I have presented hard evidence that she faked a Wikipedia entry on the very same weekend.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out the person on here is is also a fake, does it?

Why don't you explain why Sophie Gold faked a Wikpedia entry last Sunday?

I think it would be appropriate to call me sceptical rather than negative.

You joined T2W on Saturday and began spouting glowing reviews of this Sophie Gold character just two days before she launches a website. I have presented hard evidence that she faked a Wikipedia entry on the very same weekend.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out the person on here is is also a fake, does it?

Why don't you explain why Sophie Gold faked a Wikpedia entry last Sunday?

May I just interject, Matthew ( happytrader2011) should not have to justify to anyone about who I am! I am Sophie Gold the Founder and MD of Gold IQ.

Firstly I would like to say that I do not blame you for being sceptical the industry that I am in is very tarnished.

I regards to Wikepedia that account was not set-up on Sunday it was set-up months ago but due to not having external sources/references it was deleted ( basically it was not set-up properly in the first place. In regards to who I am and my back ground I have been trading for over 7 years and have taught people for over 3 years including Matthew ( happytrader2011). To be honest I really do feel sorry for him because he was just really happy that he is now a full time trader and wanted to write a good review about me and all you sceptics just tore into him. In regards to Gold IQ Click you really don't have to join.....I am really happy with the amount of subscribers that I have and also the type of people! and to be honest there is nothing you can say about me on this forum that would stop me teaching people how to trade, that would stop me trading or that would stop people using Gold IQ Click. I have gone through a lot of hard stuff in my life you can go to and see all about my journey and something that I have realised is that just be happy!

I am sorry that you may have had some bad experiences and if you or anyone else would like to ask me any questions about how I trade you an send me a message through here or email and myself and my team will be happy to help you, or you can also call support on 08442720095.

I hope this puts an end to this thread and that we all as adults can move past this and progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, you are getting a bit of bad press on these pages, you might have to own up or show cause why the negativity is uncalled for.I must say there seems to be a lot of it.
And heaps of scams in the industry.
Anyway I swing and position trade forex and some futures mainly softs and at times crude and gold. But choppy at the moment .
Cheers
Rainer

Hello Darling, my name is Sophie Gold, Matthew (happytrader2011) has really not had a good time on here so far, I am disappointed to be that this has happened anyway I am happy to help you with any trading questions you may have I trade FX, GOLD, OIL and stocks in April. Send me a message through here or email me on [email protected] speak soon :)

May I just interject, Matthew ( happytrader2011) should not have to justify to anyone about who I am! I am Sophie Gold the Founder and MD of Gold IQ.

Well thank you for joining T2W as yourself, and welcome aboard, Sophie! I really don't think anyone buys into that Mathew (HappyTrader2011) thing, so you might as well drop that now.

Thank you for your offer to answer any queries regarding how you trade, but I won't be taking that up. FYI I trade my own way, and it works nicely for me.

Hi all,

I am Chris, very new to all this and very willing to read up and gain knowledge on fx trading.

Hopefully I will be able to start trading as soon as I get a good grasp of whats happening and how to trade.

Ta, and I will be firing loads of questions to you lot.

Chris.

Wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I run an online trading website, but saw this forum and thought I might be able to contribute something. If I do anything outside forum rules please let me know

Hope to enjoy some nice conversations!

Drew

Hello to everyone on T2W, I have eventually signed-up after lurking here for the last 6 months or so.

I have had an interest in the financial markets for the past 5 years but have not really done anything about it until last year, mainly due to the fact that the company I work for is experiencing difficulties in the current economic climate, so it was about time I got my finger out and start doing something about my financial future - nobody else could give a monkeys, so its down to me.

I've had limited success in spread betting and I am naturally cautious by nature, so I am not prone to over trading or some of the other newbie problems I have read about on these pages since last summer. I am a bit ahead with my trading account, having spent a period demo trading, although I am yet to find myself in the position of drawing any money out to buy a pint of beer.... this year I hope !!

I find the psychological aspect of trading very interesting and a bit of a challenge, although I have read a lot of books on the subject, and I feel I am slowly mastering it. I have a small selection of trading eBooks that I have collected over the past year or so, very happy to share to them

Sorry to ramble on - that was my introduction.

Grant D.

Hello Darling, my name is Sophie Gold, Matthew (happytrader2011) has really not had a good time on here so far, I am disappointed to be that this has happened anyway I am happy to help you with any trading questions you may have I trade FX, GOLD, OIL and stocks in April. Send me a message through here or email me on [email protected] speak soon :)

Hi Sophie,
Well it appears that you might have done what I suggested, explain yourself, now as you appreciate there is a vast number of info providers out there and as I am new at this game but believe it cane be worked I am looking for some outfit which can help. Evertbody takls about discipline ( I agree with that) must have a system??? , a trading plan, I believe in planning, but I have yet to see any suggestions as to how a plan should be structure, i.e reversal bars, RSI, MACD , Fibonacci and so on. I actually think that fundamentals play a big role here but my success does not prove that. So I am looking for some help to set myself up. I understand that you can aim for maybe 65% success if you are really lucky and good at it but the trading is complex. It is sold by spruikers here in OZ telling people everybody can do it, little old ladies and men , school kids. What a joke.
Anyway thats what I am after.
Cheers
Rainer
[email protected]
P.S I think living in OZ in this regard is a disadvantage as all the heavy actions happen when we are asleep.

Hi, my name is Speedy, I live in Durban South Africa, am married and semi-retired. I used to sell life assurance and I dabble a little with the local JHB Stock Exchange. I have joined T2W out of interest to see what's going on in the international scene.

Hello,

I am an American trader living in Colorado. I have been trading full time for a year and a half. I trade with AMP Futures and I use NT7. I focus on the CL primarily but I trade the 6E and 6B as well. As the forum has marked me a "Newb", you see that I have been trading for some time now. I wish I had found this site as well as others I belong to back when I started, it would have SAVED me a ton of heartache and money.

Trade well

Ray

Hi all
Just joined the forum and interested in what ppl a saying some good tips etc.
Wish I could offer some but don't know much as new to this, well one tip "Be nice to your mum"

OK happy and best trading

LJS

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/

hello

Hi,
I live in New Jerey and I've been trading just a few months with Mark Eric. I have Multiple Sclerosis so I'm not able to work. I am intrigued by the market and its potentials, so I decided to try my hand at it. It's not a hobbie but it is fun.

I would like to learn to do this better and I'm not getting there on my own, hence the reason I'm here.

Am I the only newbie that really has no experience with trading here? OMG.

Hi! I'm Rose, and yes, I've never traded before. But I've been interested lately since one of my friends encouraged me. I've been lurking in a few forums just to get a glimpse of how trading works, but I became lost with the terms. So here I am, hoping to learn something.

Hello Everyone,

This is Dimecatcher. I am intrigued by some of the threads I have seen here and would like to dip my toes into this forum.

I trade options and options on futures exclusively.

My main strategy is as follows:

-OTM vertical spreads on the RUT (legged into an Iron Condor)
-Naked VIX calls when above 20
-FAR FAR OTM naked puts and calls on oil futures
-Goal of 5% per month

I use Think or Swim as my trading platform.

I've been paper trading some of my strategies for about 1.5 years, and have been actively trading real $$ since last October. I still consider myself extremely green behind the years, but so far haven't sunk too hard.

Hi Everyone,

I am representing a business called Lion Trades which offers forex courses and mentoring services for beginners. For the website please just google search for Lion Trades.

I am looking forward to answering any questions people have and helping to develop peoples' trading knowledge.

Regards