Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello,

My name is Jay...

I traded for four years until about four years ago. I got away from it because I lost my trading account due to the debacle with REFCO. I am moving on from that and looking to get back into trading with a clear head.

Look forward to learning and sharing more...

Jay

greetings to all ,

Not new to forex but newish .

I have been trading a basic martingale system for a month now with 200 pip blocks .
Made 50% so far .
Happy to say my account is still alive and well .
I have a question .
How many pips has a pair moved without a retracement ? 2000 ,5000 ,10000 ?
Does anyone know or how to find out ?

Hi,

I am Raju , came in search for a Day Trading Plan template.This forums seems to have a good lot of Trading Plan discussion.Need to read all of them

Thanks ands Regards,
Raju

Hi everyone,
Brand new to Forex, just started learning about it in the last few weeks. So much to learn but really excited about the potential. Looking forward to playing an active role in the forums.
Cheers,
Keith

Hi Keith, take it easy man, I started in October and am 50% down even with "expert advice"
be prepared for losses and watch your stop losses, my problem is that I get stopped out too often sometimes within 2 pips, but for management of capital they seem to be a necessary evil.Just difficult to get it right. 2x asr 3x more?
be careful it is not easy.
Good luck and lets know how you are getting on.
Rainerg

Brand new to trading and brand new to the site, hoping to learn a lot from here and other materials/resources.
Thanks, and nice to be here.
-Ron

Hello,

Before I introduce myself I would like to say a BIG thank you to Sophie Gold from Gold IQ.

Sophie Gold helped me to become a full time trader, I first met her in 2009 when I accompanied my friend to her breakfast open house. Sophie's breakfast open house is where she opens the door to her office between 6am-8am and show you live how she trades the UK open. I was so amazed when I went because if someone is prepared to show you their trades live then they have to be genuine! If I am honest at first I thought that she was trading with a demo account so I bluntly asked her to show me that it was a real account and I was surprised when she said ''here have a look'' My face went red and she smiled and said ''don't worry people ask me all the time''

I have to say the best bit about the breakfast meeting was the coffee and pastries provided :LOL: only kidding it was actually the step by step explanation of what Sophie was doing.

The reason why I am so thankful to Sophie Gold is because after I left the breakfast meeting she called me up and said why did you come along, and I said because I want to leave my job as a train driver. Sophie then said well I can teach you how to trade but it will be a long hard process which will require commitment from you. I then asked her is it possible to leave my job in the next 3 months? and I was surprised when she said NO WAY this is not a get rich quick scheme and if that is what you are looking for I can not help you! I have to say I was actually disappointed when she said that, I told her that I appreciated her time and that I would be in touch if I wanted to learn how to trade.

I was actually lying I really did want to learn how to trade but I wanted to learn quickly because my job was really starting to get me down, so I got to work searching on the internet and trying all the Forex Robots and buying all the trading e-books, and doing as many free webinars as was been offered.

By the end of 2009 I was down £15,000 and still hadn't left my job and still hadn't learnt how to trade.

At that point I remembered what Sophie said and I was upset that I had wasted so much valuable time trying to make money quickly! So I decided to email Sophie and tell her all that had happened and if she would be willing to help me learn the right was to trade.

Sophie told me that she was happy that I had emailed her and that she would be happy to meet up and discuss my needs, we met up and Sophie told me that she could help me become a full time trader but I should be prepared that this could only be achieved after 12 months.

Fast forward 13 months and I am now a full time trader just as Sophie promised! I just want to tell everyone on this thread that when learning to trade do it the right way there is no quick way to learn there is only the right way! and if like me you need someone to keep you on the straight and narrow contact Sophie Gold from Gold IQ and she will help you achieve your goals.
Hi Happytrader, thanks for the honest reply, I can relate to this but have not had Sophie Gold. Can you give me an appraisal as to what you are doing that makes you successful now? Can we ever stop learning? I have not started yet, know it all in theory but in practice I still do dough!
Cheers
Rainer:confused:

Hello,

Before I introduce myself I would like to say a BIG thank you to Sophie Gold from Gold IQ.

Sophie Gold helped me to become a full time trader, I first met her in 2009 when I accompanied my friend to her breakfast open house. Sophie's breakfast open house is where she opens the door to her office between 6am-8am and show you live how she trades the UK open. I was so amazed when I went because if someone is prepared to show you their trades live then they have to be genuine! If I am honest at first I thought that she was trading with a demo account so I bluntly asked her to show me that it was a real account and I was surprised when she said ''here have a look'' My face went red and she smiled and said ''don't worry people ask me all the time''

I have to say the best bit about the breakfast meeting was the coffee and pastries provided :LOL: only kidding it was actually the step by step explanation of what Sophie was doing.

The reason why I am so thankful to Sophie Gold is because after I left the breakfast meeting she called me up and said why did you come along, and I said because I want to leave my job as a train driver. Sophie then said well I can teach you how to trade but it will be a long hard process which will require commitment from you. I then asked her is it possible to leave my job in the next 3 months? and I was surprised when she said NO WAY this is not a get rich quick scheme and if that is what you are looking for I can not help you! I have to say I was actually disappointed when she said that, I told her that I appreciated her time and that I would be in touch if I wanted to learn how to trade.

I was actually lying I really did want to learn how to trade but I wanted to learn quickly because my job was really starting to get me down, so I got to work searching on the internet and trying all the Forex Robots and buying all the trading e-books, and doing as many free webinars as was been offered.

By the end of 2009 I was down £15,000 and still hadn't left my job and still hadn't learnt how to trade.

At that point I remembered what Sophie said and I was upset that I had wasted so much valuable time trying to make money quickly! So I decided to email Sophie and tell her all that had happened and if she would be willing to help me learn the right was to trade.

Sophie told me that she was happy that I had emailed her and that she would be happy to meet up and discuss my needs, we met up and Sophie told me that she could help me become a full time trader but I should be prepared that this could only be achieved after 12 months.

Fast forward 13 months and I am now a full time trader just as Sophie promised! I just want to tell everyone on this thread that when learning to trade do it the right way there is no quick way to learn there is only the right way! and if like me you need someone to keep you on the straight and narrow contact Sophie Gold from Gold IQ and she will help you achieve your goals.

That is a lovely story. Did you ever consider a career in fiction writing?

I mean really, joining T2W and writing glowing reviews and referrals all over the place just 2 days before launching a new service....appears pretty sus don't you think?

greetings to all ,

Not new to forex but newish .

I have been trading a basic martingale system for a month now with 200 pip blocks .
Made 50% so far .
Happy to say my account is still alive and well .
I have a question .
How many pips has a pair moved without a retracement ? 2000 ,5000 ,10000 ?
Does anyone know or how to find out ?

Hi , You seem to be doing well, I cannot answer your question but I would like to know what a martingale system is and what it does?
Thanks
Rainer

hi world!

It's such a great opportunity to be in this community with my fellow traders. I had several trade experiences that I would like to share with you guys. I hope that I could be able to give some help and bright ideas regarding trading. I started my trading career back at the first years of the second millennium and still fortunate to earn the best of what I have put into risk trough trading. Of course, I am also open to any suggestions and more information that will make us successful. I am looking forward to make brilliant discussions with you here!

Thanks,
Nathan

That is a lovely story. Did you ever consider a career in fiction writing?

I mean really, joining T2W and writing glowing reviews and referrals all over the place just 2 days before launching a new service....appears pretty sus don't you think?

Hello Barramundi, thank you for your message. Firstly I would start by saying that I am a proud customer of Sophie Gold, and to be honest neither her or her team asked me to write this testimonial. I joined Trade 2 Win because it is a great forum to interact with other traders and shared my story not because Sophie Gold taught me but because I wanted new traders to learn from my mistakes that there is not get rich quick scheme when it comes to learning how to trade.

Also I would add that these forums should be encouraging people to be open about their experiences, I know that this industry is tarnished with Scam artist but not everyone is and maybe you should try to not be negative.

Hope that we can share more ideas about trading going forward.

:)

Hi Happytrader, thanks for the honest reply, I can relate to this but have not had Sophie Gold. Can you give me an appraisal as to what you are doing that makes you successful now? Can we ever stop learning? I have not started yet, know it all in theory but in practice I still do dough!
Cheers
Rainer:confused:

Hello rainerg,

Well I can tell you that the first thing that I learnt was to not focus on indicators. I know that you will say that there are studies that they work but I have to tell you it was so liberating when Sophie said forget about all these indicators on your chart and just focus on price and understanding how it moves.

OK so looking a price is the first thing, the next important thing is timing you should be aware of what moves when, so for example the best time to trade GBPUSD is between 7.15am-8.00am GMT time or USDCAD between 1pm-3pm GMT time or GBPJPY between 6am-7am GMT time. Timing is so crucial. The next thing I learnt relates to trading news just remember this saying ''Traders buy on the rumor, and sell on the news'' if you look normally 15-20mins before the news comes out the traders will already be moving the price in the direction that the spike will go when the news will come out, use this as an early warning and jump in and have fun.

And finally I learnt risk and money management, people often don't realize that if they don't manage their risk and money management they could have made pips at the end of the month but still be down in money terms.

I am happy to answer more questions, can I just ask what are you trading right now?

Hi, great site,

I've been trading forex since June 2009 and hope to soon be posting my trades in the journal section.

I trade intraday, mainly breakouts.

Just a quick hello, as a newbie, joining T2W for the 1st time. Living in the "Frozen" parts of Canada, Quebec to be exact, brr....! Hoping to expand my experience, thru talking to you guy's, so I can make enough money to enjoy warmer climes.....hu! So far though, not so successfull. Forex is a real challenge!

shydog

Just a quick hello, as a newbie, joining T2W for the 1st time. Living in the "Frozen" parts of Canada, Quebec to be exact, brr....! Hoping to expand my experience, thru talking to you guy's, so I can make enough money to enjoy warmer climes.....hu! So far though, not so successfull. Forex is a real challenge!

shydog

Hello Shydog,

I don't envy your current climate! Forex is a real challenge but it can be conquered through application and grit. Looking forward to sharing trading ideas with you to :)

Hello Barramundi, thank you for your message. Firstly I would start by saying that I am a proud customer of Sophie Gold, and to be honest neither her or her team asked me to write this testimonial. I joined Trade 2 Win because it is a great forum to interact with other traders and shared my story not because Sophie Gold taught me but because I wanted new traders to learn from my mistakes that there is not get rich quick scheme when it comes to learning how to trade.

Also I would add that these forums should be encouraging people to be open about their experiences, I know that this industry is tarnished with Scam artist but not everyone is and maybe you should try to not be negative.

Hope that we can share more ideas about trading going forward.

Here is an idea - how about you crawl back into the hole from whence you came...

Not only have you come on here, masquerading as a happy client of yourself, you have also done similar on Wikipedia on the same weekend. All just before launching a new service. Below is the deleted Wikipedia entry on 'Sophie Gold' for some light reading, which was deleted for being FAKE :)

'The result was Delete, non-notable and spammy. 15:44, 6 February 2011 (UTC)

[edit] Sophie GoldSophie Gold (edit|talk|history|links|watch|logs) – (View log)
(Find sources: "Sophie Gold" – news · books · scholar · free images)
non-notable business-person, advert masquerading as encyclopedia article Nomoskedasticity (talk) 08:53, 6 February 2011 (UTC)

Delete. It should also be noted the sources come from the company the woman owns. Η936631 (talk) 09:26, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
Delete - no independent notability. Off2riorob (talk) 12:21, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
Delete - not notable, no reliable sources. Simon-in-sagamihara (talk) 12:59, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
Delete. Vanity/spam. Added evidence: zero hits for this name in the online Biography & Genealogy Master Index ("Biography and Genealogy Master Index is a comprehensive index to more than 12.7 million biographical sketches in more than 3,400 volumes and editions of current and retrospective reference books, covering both contemporary and historical figures throughout the world."). That includes several of the dubious Who's Who publications as well. --Quartermaster (talk) 13:27, 6 February 2011 (UTC)

Now I am not sure if 'Sophie Gold' is actually real, or if the whole thing is a SCAM. One thing is for certain, and that is that I would not trust anyone who pretends to be a happy client of their own business, and has to resort to deceptive tactics to gain business.

As for your assertion that you are a happy client (jeez, you even called yourself happytrader for pete's sake) when I first suggested that you were not, that just goes to illustrate to people the lengths that scammers will go to decieve you to secure your hard earned dough.

Be careful traders......

Last edited:
Nice call out Barramundi BAAAAM.

You heard the man happytrader..... Back under the bridge where you belong, TROLL.

What's the deal with all the sprookers?

Anyway since this forum is in the theme of introdcuing ourselves..... Hi I am Lars.

Part time trader, avid learner.... Always looking for new info to improve "my game" so to speak. If anyone ever wants to shoot me some advice or have a chat, feel free to drop me a line.

Until then happy trading all.

Last edited: