Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hello all,
I'm a MSc student in the UK, and I have a few questions regarding trading (which I'll post in first steps, I guess).

Hey guys,

So I'm new to daily trading. I currently have a Roth account with Schwab that I use as a long-term investing platform and for the abundance of charts and tools they have on there (like crazy amounts). The thing is, I want to start trading more frequently and their commissions aren't exactly conducive to that. I have read through a lot of the beginner articles and stickies on here and elsewhere and I am now formulating my trading plan. So far I've narrowed my scope to Swing Trading since I don't have time at work to spend hours for the rapid buying and selling of scalping or day trading. And I already have some longs that mostly bore me. Also, I want to be able to make a structured plan (mechanical) that exits at 5% profit (too much? too little?) or 0.75% loss. I'll probably start with around $2000.

Next I need to figure out what I will trade and where. I have heard a lot about Forex being rather risky for newbs, futures being simple, and options being safe[r]. Obviously, living the US, I can't spread bet...so that's out. Most likely I will use candlestick charts to figure out 3-day averages and supply/demand breaks. I know there are a bunch of places to find Broker ratings (I get the feeling IB is too seasoned for me), but what is a really good paper trading site (free)? I have an account on updown.com that I started years ago at a friend's behest, but never really dove into it.

I hope I've covered all my bases here and am really excited to get moving (methodically, of course).

Hi all,
My name is Rainer, I live in the Gold Coast Australia, and have an interest in FX and perhaps futures trading. I have been unsuccessful so far ( 3 month) and my account is down by 50%. I am looking for some meaningful help and discussions with like minded people as it is lonely in the office looking at charts.
So if anybody has some similar desires or experience in this area please let me know.
cheers

Hi to everyone
I am a complete novice to trading and hope to learn a lot from the more experienced amongst you. One day I hope to become one of you and then make a positive contribution to the forum. In the meantime please humour me if I make some laughable comments or ask some silly questions.
Happy trading to one and all

Hello everyone,

My name is Mohammed from United Arab Emirates, I am currently a university student in the UK and am very much interested in stock/forex investment. But am a noob, am trying to teach myself atm but hopefully i will learn a few things from the experts around here =). Am thinking in a few months time when i learn enough, i will start investing in penny stocks because my capital isnt too big. Anyway, if you have any tips or websites you could refer me to, it would be great !

Thanks everyone :D

Hi,
New to trading forex world, i am a retiree, i worked 40 years in IT as system engineer.
My objective is to understand trading principles, writing some EA's have fun and maybe gain some money!

Marc

Hello
I am Zeshan from Asia.I am 21 years old currently doing MBA.I am a regular user of the

internet.I love watching English movies.I am new to this forum.Forums are a great source

for getting information and sharing your ideas with others.

Hi

I am relatively new to this, but last year invested through G and R Capital Management in a number of firms. Has anyone any dealings with G and R Capital Management. I believe they may be a fraud!! It appears to me my money is gone. If anyone had a similiar experience, please let me know, maybe we can chase them!!

Hello
I am Zeshan from Asia.I am 21 years old currently doing MBA.I am a regular user of the

internet.I love watching English movies.I am new to this forum.Forums are a great source

for getting information and sharing your ideas with others.

Nice finally an original introduction ;)
Nice to meet you!

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and newbie also. I've been trading through Forex Morning Trade for the past couple of months. I've made many mistakes and it's a good thing. Because from these mistakes you learn what not to do which is more important than what to do.

I'm here to learn and listen. Much appreciate your time.

G'day from me...

I've been "in the market" advising on Aust shares for 20 years but VERY interested in trading forex and futures. Always enjoy looking at forums and this looks the best to me by a long way. Look forward to being a regular here.
All the best

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and newbie also. I've been trading through Forex Morning Trade for the past couple of months. I've made many mistakes and it's a good thing. Because from these mistakes you learn what not to do which is more important than what to do.

I'm here to learn and listen. Much appreciate your time.

Hi Maggieo,
Thanks for that, maybe you would like to send me an e-mail to [email protected] and we could chew the fat. Your attitude seems to be the right one. I have been successful in business in management of large companies and now when I get busted I feel like a failure which I am not used to. Hope to hear from you.
cheers Rainer

HI all, another newbie to join the forums.

I have been Trading full time from home now for two years, since being made redundant in 2008. Wish i had joined this forum two years ago, i have been scanning through some of the threads and have learnt some great things.

I’m looking forward to learning from the wealth of knowledge in these forums.:clap:

Last edited: