Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi Everyone, My name's Paul and I am looking to develop a solid strategy for short-term trading with my preference being 30min to 1hour charts so I guess more intraday - I liked the look of a lot of the articles I've seen from here so decided to join up ;¬)
I originally learned about options trading ...mostly indices but have now moved to Forex and at this time have a small loss of about $100 over a few months but that is only over maybe 10 days of dabbling - I am now a little more dedicated and have gone to just monitoring and paper trading until I am comfortably returning positive results!
Thanks for having me :cool:

Make alot of money with real indicators

I am Jas and new member.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I am new to this just joined today,and hope to learn from the experts here.

my first question is what is the best trading platform for trading S&P500 ?

i have tried demo of ninjatrader but not sure which broker to use with that platform for S&P500.

Thanks
Perthemini(PE)

Hi

I have been lurking in the background looking at the posts and am pleased that most people seem helpfull.

I have been trading for about two years and paid out a fortune for various systems that are rubbish. I know many of you will think buy some books and learn that way. The way I learn is to be shown things.So I need that help

I missed out on Richard Hills Forex Net Trap and they are not taking on any new people
So if any one has any ideas how I can get a copy please let me know

Cheers
Shepp

Hi Perthemini,

I like the Infinity Futures AT platform - very good.

See my trading results: www.marketmovertrader.net

Cheers, James

Hi all,

I am new to this just joined today,and hope to learn from the experts here.

my first question is what is the best trading platform for trading S&P500 ?

i have tried demo of ninjatrader but not sure which broker to use with that platform for S&P500.

Thanks
Perthemini(PE)

Introducing HowardCohodas

I learned about credit spreads over five years ago when doing some consulting for a client who wanted to use my AI (genetic algorithms) tool kit to optimize his trading strategy. I never learned his results. I got on with other gigs.

Early this year I was at a party where the host had a computer with three screens. He told me he was an option trader. It renewed my interest.

I paper traded for four months using the TOS platform, read some books, attended a seminar and now trade with money. I taught my son, an economist, about what I had learned and the modifications I made to the strategies, and he now trades spreads as well.

I have a lot to learn.

Hi to all people on these forum. I am new here, and I comming here to learn something and improve mi forex knowledge. I am forex trader but not sukcesful. I am now in step : not lusing money. But I ask for pat to another step: make money. That is one of reason to I comming to these forum.

Hi, I purchased Net Trap at the end of May and have only just taken the plunge to start trading with IG Index at 10p/pip. I delayed trading because June was such a shocker and July/August were disrupted with holidays.

I'm interested to discover some of the variants people have tried.

Hi everyone.

I am pleased to have found this forum. I am very new to trading, I started looking into this about a month ago and I am learning a lot every day.
At the moment all I do is read and take in information, but I will need to start training with real data and play money soon, so if anyone can point me in the right direction where I can use a demo account or something, it would be very much appreciated.

I hope to contribute to the community once I have more knowledge and help new comers, but for the time being I am the pupil and will do my best to ask sensible questions and only when research fails to find the answers for me.

Crouzilles

howdy,
trading for about a year and a half. equities and some options, want to get into short term trading with e-mini's.
Does anyone have a copy of "Markets in Profile" they would sell?
Don

Hi,

I am an Esoteric Trader. I trade in Indian NSE/BSE stock market. I am partly researching, partly developing and trading with Gann Pivot Point Trading Strategy. I wish to collaborate with traders with deep interests and experience in Gann Theory. You may contact me via Email:[email protected]. Thanks, Krishnamurthy:clover:

I am just starting with online trading and it looks very interesting - I just can't wait to make some good investments. To learn it I am going to go through this forum and read every post, hoping to learn everything that is needed!

Hi, Im GlenGary, and Im new to Forex trading. (5 days)

Little about myself,

Im 36, father of 2 (recently split with wife)(6 days ago)
Im living in a room at my moms house. I have daily obligations that keep me from working a 9-5 work day, and obligations at night, so cant work nights, and 3rd shift, just cant do, cause I cant sleep durin the day. O, and another thing, I HATE BE BOSSED AROUND, So, I dont work for anyone, but myself, I control my destiny.

Im an avid indoor remodeling, paint, tile, carpet, bathroom, you name it, I can do it, and if i cant do it, I'll take 5 hours and learn to do it, then accomplish the mission.. Learn something new everyday.

I used to handicap Horses, and took 13 years to get good at it, but in the end, there just isnt enough money in it for me.

I want something bigger, I want a bigger slice of the pie..

It is vital that I make some money. Thats why we are all here to begin with, right? So Im not going to beat around the bush, and say " Im here to have fun, and MAYBE make some money", Im here to cash in, and cash in big.. With 3+ trillion traded a day, how could I not see this before... If you want water, go to the well, and this my friends, is the well...

So, anyways, I sat here Saturday, and brain-stormed..

When I was horse handicapping, my mission was to always double my risk (money).. In business, if you can double your money on a product, your doing good. Hitting around 80% win rate with the horses, I always worked the due column strat.. If I could double my money daily, i was in good shape, cause after all, if you start with $2, double it everyday for 20 days, end results, $1,048,576

That, isnt possible in horse racing, as you get to the 6th day, your messing up the pools, and everything just dont work out right.. From the odds, to the horses, there is to much risk, to many factors to derail my plan..

In the market, its possible..

So, I studied, opened demo accounts, and went to work..

Im a trial and error type guy. I jumped in head first, and got the ball rolling.

I sat, made trades, learned to watch for certain things, and began to really dig it..

This week, I have made around 210 trades, $850 in profit, and started with $250 demo account.

I had a few problem, and actually hit the wrong button a few times. Yesterday, I started to incorprate the S/L and T/P,,, Because the first few days, I wanted more of the "pay attention part" of trading, and being ontop of things, watching the candlestick, and following the flow of action..

after reading a bunch of posts on strats, and actually doing the trading, I find, its best to just watch the chart. So, I have a few things I personally look for..

I wish I could produce all my trades i made this week, but the platform i was using early on in the week, had bugs, and would close my trades all at the same time, and I lost a bunch from that.. They just disappeared..

Like I said, I still make mistakes, Im new to the game, but I learn from them, and try to follow a good, CONSISTANT plan of attack..

Here is what I did today. I will also be posting a journal next week, and will post results daily.
I had to stop loses, that i thought i set, but didnt, and got out of hand, was early, hit the wrong button, and they never came back.. That wont happen again.. You can see them in my image below.

Well, nice to meet you folks, take care, and great fortunes to all

tradeday.jpg

Hi

My name is Dalibor I'm student on faculty for mechanical engineering, I got interested in trading few months ago, learning all the time and hoping to became consistent and profitable trader.

Regards

Good Trading