Sticky Introduce Yourself

Click on my thread in my signature. I hope the copious amount of information you see there where abet your efforts in your trading experience. Make comments, ask questions, or even disagree. It's all good on my thread.

Hi,

I'm new to this but have been warned to use practice sites first before using real cash. This practice time seems to be anything from a week to 6 months. My first problem is producing my Trading Pan, any advice?

Charlie, How ya doing? I'm wondering if you are the same Charlie Watts I knew from a few years ago. I'm Paul. Be sure and get back to me if you sare the same one.
Anyway, I have a thread that is listed in my signature. Give it a visit. I have saome outstnading forecasts on forex, stock market, gold, and I can do the inidcies. Let me know what you think.

adding my name to this list of newbies - hope to learn as much as i can and anything i can to be honest. interested mainly in fx and indicies

Yes, right off the bat. You definitely need more than one week on a demo account. You defined one of the reasons 90% of all traders bankrupt their accounts. Take time in putting together an excellent methodology. You have the rest of your life to trade live, and to trade for a living if that is what you wih to do.
Click on the link in my signature. That is my thread. Make some comments or contact me in a private message and we'll take more.

Hi,

I'm new to this but have been warned to use practice sites first before using real cash. This practice time seems to be anything from a week to 6 months. My first problem is producing my Trading Pan, any advice?

Charlie, How ya doing? I'm wondering if you are the same Charlie Watts I knew from a few years ago. I'm Paul. Be sure and get back to me if you sare the same one.
Anyway, I have a thread that is listed in my signature. Give it a visit. I have saome outstnading forecasts on forex, stock market, gold, and I can do the inidcies. Let me know what you think.

Hey Paul, doing great thanks. Nope im a different charliewatts im afraid!
Anyway i'll be sure to give your thread a visit. Cheers.

Hello FiatDave,

Glad you decided to take action. Lots available to learn here. I have a thread here called Goldmine! You will see how I analyze price using the Andrews Pitchfork. I also share some tidbits along the way about other aspects of trading besides the technical side. Take a look, you might find it interesting.

All the best,

Hi, My name is Dave and I have been wanting to start a trading career for some time now. I currently work in the Auto industry and things are changing for the worst. So now I am motivated to take some action.

I came across this web site while searching for infomation about a FX trading firm that offers training for newbies like me.

I hope to learn from others the mistakes they made so I can attempt to avoid them myself.:clap:

Hello Charliewatts,

Glad to have you on the forums. There is alot to learn for sure. The key is getting the right info. in the right sequence. My thread is called Goldmine! I use the Andrews Pitchfork as my primary tool of analysis. Take a look and read the comments as well...good trading advice there.

All the best to you. Hope I can help.

adding my name to this list of newbies - hope to learn as much as i can and anything i can to be honest. interested mainly in fx and indicies

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to a completely new world, but I really want to find out if I have what it takes to be a trader. Will have lots of silly/trivial questions. Very much appreciate your advice / help / encouragement.

Thanks,
Newworld

Hello Newworld,

Glad you ventured into unknown territory. Lots of good info. here. No problem with asking silly or trivial questions. That is how we learn. Please visit my thread called Goldmine! There are some comments along the way on topics that cover the non-technical aspects of trading. Looking forward to hearing from you and will do what I can to help you get the best start possible.

To answer your first thoughts..."What do I need to be a successful trader?"

Patience, discipline, confidence, lack of fear and greed, and perseverance. Next comes good money management and a trading system that suits your temperament.

Take care,

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to a completely new world, but I really want to find out if I have what it takes to be a trader. Will have lots of silly/trivial questions. Very much appreciate your advice / help / encouragement.

Thanks,
Newworld

Hello Newworld,

Glad you ventured into unknown territory. Lots of good info. here. No problem with asking silly or trivial questions. That is how we learn. Please visit my thread called Goldmine! There are some comments along the way on topics that cover the non-technical aspects of trading. Looking forward to hearing from you and will do what I can to help you get the best start possible.

To answer your first thoughts..."What do I need to be a successful trader?"

Patience, discipline, confidence, lack of fear and greed, and perseverance. Next comes good money management and a trading system that suits your temperament.

Take care,

Thanks FX4Newbie, yours is the first reply I received - very much appreciate it!

Found this site via a person we know using the site - vince

OK I am a novice trader. I haven't started full time yet, still setting up accounts and had to decide which way we wanted to go Forex /Emini's . however I am positioning myself to do it full time, by reading all I can, visiting and learning from excellent sites like this.

Was introduced via LTG Gold rock ....... did not work out all that well so have decided not to continue with them and go it a lone .:clap:
Heres to happy trading days ahead - Patience, discipline, confidence, lack of fear and greed, and perseverance. Next comes good money management and a trading system that suits your temperament.

(y)

My immediate concern is how to use short term trading strategies to recoup my considerable long term capital tax loses,mostly due to BP,which are assets if I can generate short term capital gains. Two viewpoints have to be considered the winners and the losers. To gain a winning strategy you must understand both sides. In the philosophy of science this is called unification.The concept is related to Occums razor. At this point in time the only thing I am sure of is that I would prefer being out of the market or short overnight and weekends. Why? Over the past 100 years stocks on average have fallen 2-3 times faster than they have risen. It is also true that most of the time stocks have risen just not as fast.

Hi There
Didn't know about this site until Chief started his thread on here. Lokks to have some good info, looks like lots of reading coming up for me!

Jo

Hi Everyone,

Quick intro about us, We an online forex trading company, Looking forward to share my forex tips with all you there

Hello Everyone. Looking to meet someone looking local. I've been doing this about 1 year and i'm struggling now. Feel like I should quit, and looking for other local traders to bounce ideas off of. I'm in Canada.

Hi,
I started RH NT in Feb 10 but stopped receiving e-mail updates in June. Last NT update was 21 June 10 and last e-mail was 24 June 10 regarding stops and limits. Since then, nothing. Have e-mailed RH address given on last update report received but so far have not had reply. Have I missed something? Are any other NT users officially subscribed still getting updates etc ok? or is it just me.
I stopped doing pure NT at the end of May due to the markets volatility, which allowed me time to concentrate on developing my spread betting skills more fully on an intraday basis so am intrigued as to how the system has faired for June and July. I got the impression from some of the threads that June wasn't a good month - did NT have a losing month? Am still intent of going back to NT at some stage but not sure its the right time.
Started SB with Barclays but switched to IG shortly after Barclays trading system crashed for nearly a whole day and the phones were jammed for what seemed an eternity trying to cancel trades. Suffice to say IG is an easy trading platform but it requotes a lot whenever price moves quickly which is annoying. Have just joined ODL / FXCM which has no middleman so they claim will eliminate this problem, but have yet to work it to give any feedback. Will let you know it time.
Thanks in advance on info regarding NT

Does anybody know anything about Proprietary trading Cy Group, I am thinking of joining their cluub but I don't know whether they are legit or not because their offer is very tempting.

Hello everyone.

This is my first post. Not much to say about me. I've been '"live "trading for about 2yrs with no/little luck...

I have bought softwares and books and stuff but nothing seems to be quite good enough. I have a day job so all that I can do for the moment is trading the US Stock Market day bars. I am not trying to break-the-bank. A steady 2K a month on trading will do....so I joined in and see If you fellas can help me figured it out.

Hello everyone.

This is my first post. Not much to say about me. I've been '"live "trading for about 2yrs with no/little luck...

I have bought softwares and books and stuff but nothing seems to be quite good enough. I have a day job so all that I can do for the moment is trading the US Stock Market day bars. I am not trying to break-the-bank. A steady 2K a month on trading will do....so I joined in and see If you fellas can help me figured it out.

Welcome to the forum, I wonder about the software that you've bought,
and how do you use it for trading? Could you share with us on this.

Cheers,