Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hey all,

Keep stumbling upon this site so it was time i signed up and see what advice is being shared. Currently unemployed (and quite happy) after being made redundant.

I took the plunge and invested a portion of my pay off to trade with. I've been trading on and off for about 8months and want to take it up another level early into 2010. So in all fairness just a newbie whose got time to surf.

No sales emails please, i've already tried 3 so-called trading systems that promise the earth - Good thing they came with money back guarantees.

Cheers
Ricky

Last edited:
Hello Friends,
I am new here. I am a online stock trader since last 3 years and now trying to test my luck in forex trading too. Hope I would get some real advices on market trends in forex trading.

Can you post the name of the company that sold them to you? This might help others avoid the same scam.

The name of company was Swiss Key Equity Consult AG supposedly trading from Zug, Switzerland. According to the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority they were not authorised with them and are in the stage of liquidation. It appears also that they may have used several addresses,all within a very close proximity of about 200m and some of which were fictitious.

Share certificates issued by different transfer agents most of which came from USA. One certificate came in an envelope bearing a UK postage stamp !!!!.

Have since been approached by a firm calling themselves Alphainvest also purporting to trade from Zug and also using an address in very close proximity to the addresses used by Swiss Key Equity Consult AG. Their web address is www.alphainvest-ag.com.

The name of company was Swiss Key Equity Consult AG supposedly trading from Zug, Switzerland. According to the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority they were not authorised with them and are in the stage of liquidation. It appears also that they may have used several addresses,all within a very close proximity of about 200m and some of which were fictitious.

Share certificates issued by different transfer agents most of which came from USA. One certificate came in an envelope bearing a UK postage stamp !!!!.

Have since been approached by a firm calling themselves Alphainvest also purporting to trade from Zug and also using an address in very close proximity to the addresses used by Swiss Key Equity Consult AG. Their web address is www.alphainvest-ag.com.

Another scam without a doubt, are they offering to sell, exchange or derestrict your original shares? You should post your story on the boiler room scams thread.

First thing I noticed when I started trading was how everyone and their brother had a 'surefire' course for sale. I'm of the belief that a successful trader has no business selling, but trading. So I hear you all!

hey guys, i signed up here a while ago but then had to go back to school, i graduated this summer in computer science and maths and have decided to do some research into trading as part of wider investment strategy. sadly with the jobs market at the minute im not earning as much as i was expected so i will be spending a bit mor time looking into this. on the plus side ive come out of uni without debt and ive paid off the mortgage on my flat so ill have something to fall back on if I can't get my head around this stuff. :)

Been trading for a long time.
Everyone has a system. Nothing on paper works like it does in real life, because real life is inherently unpredictable, which is to say real. What I've learned is that systems are like the "Pirate Code": as Barbarossa said in "Pirates of the Caribbean", the rules of the code aren't treated as rules; they're more like guidelines.
Ditto with systems. I trade around the signals from the systems I've developed, treating them as guidelines: trading with a long bias when they say to buy, and a short bias when they say to sell.
And I never believe anyone who's trying to sell a system; the idea itself is inherently contradictory. After all, if your system is that good, why would you be needing to sell it?

Hello - I joined today looking to meet some folks and talk trading. Or read trading. :) I have been learning Forex trading since about July 2007. I am still learning Forex, but I made the plunge to full time trading at the end of this past summer. I trade exclusively GBP / USD and GBP / JPY. Anyway, I am not looking for a new system or a course. Just some folks to get to know and network.

Gawd, innit marvelous - I say hello and get no response in 12 days, a distaff member arrives and gets a reply in 40 minutes!

Sex discrimination it is, mutter mumble....

zzax i want to find out how to use hans 123 trader ?
do anyone on here know ? alan

Hi, I am Allisa, newbie on this forum. Its very interesting, lovely. I wanna to say hello to all of you.Marry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Hello! I am a Portuguese trader and I'm glad to meet and help other members!

I'm expecting great things out of these forums!

Gaspar

Hi! folks,hope we can all learn a few things off each other...as only us humans do best!
Good luck and safe trading to all..coolum kid.

Another newb checking in to say hi. I've been trading for about 10 years now, but I'm always interested in learning and sharing ideas with other traders.

Thanks,
Joe

Holiday Greetings. First found this Forum and Registered back in October. However, I've since been reading about trading generally. I am a retired attorney from Amherst, New York, USA.

The important thing is that I honestly have a new "LOVE" ---Trading (aside from my wonderful Wife). I shall trade carefully and prudently. Please do not try to sell me anything!

However, although I have been reading and preparing, when I look at a Trading Table, say, Nadex, or IG Markets------ well, I sure need help! Can anyone suggest any Articles (including those web based), books, instruction manuals, etc. which would make trading options, futures, indices, etc., including binary trades, easier to understand? I have much learning to do, and am willing to put in the time.

I will explore thoroughly this site, where I am certain to discover much information, and will Participate.

Hi to everyone from Istanbul,

I have been trading in Istanbul Stock Exchange since 1994. Nowadays I am investing in Gold and I am expecting good profit from Gold within 3-4 months. I also began trading in forex market with demo account.

I wish all of you good profit from your investments...

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to earn a new living as I think I'm out of a job in May 2010.

Can anyone give me some advice about this trading thing.

I'm no good at listening to what others say really, I do what I want and I'm not too good

at money management.

Thanks

GB :sleep: