Sticky Introduce Yourself

Hi,

I am an experienced trader of roughly 6 years trading Stock, Futures, Forex and a few Options. I work a full time job (Engineering), and day trade on the side. My goal is to some day trade full time. I live in the Seattle area and this is my first time posting on the internet. I haven't met anyone in my area that shares the same insane drive that I have to master this profession. All of my knowlege and experience has come from reading books and executing daily trades. I have finaly developed a competent approach to the markets using mostly technical's for my decision process. It has been a long and very costly road getting to where I am now. I feel I have alot more to learn, and believe I have some knowledge to offer others.

Welcome

I write about interest rates, the dollar and stocks on my blog at Asset Design Center. If you are trading interest rate futures, you might get some value out of my analysis. I usually write several times a day.

Hi,

I am an experienced trader of roughly 6 years trading Stock, Futures, Forex and a few Options. I work a full time job (Engineering), and day trade on the side. My goal is to some day trade full time. I live in the Seattle area and this is my first time posting on the internet. I haven't met anyone in my area that shares the same insane drive that I have to master this profession. All of my knowlege and experience has come from reading books and executing daily trades. I have finaly developed a competent approach to the markets using mostly technical's for my decision process. It has been a long and very costly road getting to where I am now. I feel I have alot more to learn, and believe I have some knowledge to offer others.

G-Lew,

Thanks for the tip. I will visit the site. I do trade the 10 year Treasurey Note (ZN) contract from time to time. Currently my main focus is day trading crude oil futures, but I am always open to new opportunities.

Just signing up.

I have a long way to go and a lot to learn, but I'll get there some day.

I'm an independent community management contractor by day, I run my own tech startup by night and am all-talk-no-teeth when it comes to investing (I've never had the huevos to actually put my money in)

Hopefully I'll be around and you guys can convince me it's a good idea :)

Nice to meet you all.

Justin

am glad to have access to trade to win and i have high expectations,i hope this site would be beneficial in helping to increase my success in forex trading skills

Hi everyone i am new trader and i have little experiences and i hope this forum help me to upgrade my skills in trading an i am glad to join in this community ;)

Hello Everyone,
I have just started to re-engage into this trading arena over the last few months. I lost a good amount of money several years back and hopefully I will not fall victim to that again. I hope to gain some knowledge and wisdom from this forum and maybe pass some back as well.
Lets all make some money...
First question I have for the forum is about Manny Backus. Anyone really making money using his system? Sounds like a scam but can't find a lot of info on him.

hello everyone, am a newbie in the forex world but a dedicated student wants to learn the ropes! cheers to all! I am from the Philippines, the Manny Pacqiao Land!

Greetings to all! I am very new at this, and decided to take a look at FOREX trading after a friend of mine managed to loose a sizeable chunk of change in the past year or so. Yes I guess I must be crazy!! LOL. I am not rich and can not aford to loose my money. But did good on a Demo acc.

Is FXCM a good dealer?

Hi All

Hi guys,

bit of a newb here, so i'll probably be asking a lot of crap questions - apologies in advance. Into end-day spread trading/position trading, and got my feet wet a little when it comes to gold trading etc (IG Index and that sort) but nothing serious as i have not had the bank or time.

Got basic ideas on strategies but right now i want to know the best trading platform which is 'new-user-friendly' and has a decent stop-loss protection system. Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

Of course I will be using the one the only Share scope as analysis program.

Basically any hot points to get going would be great.

Cheers guys.

Sam.

Hi all
Just a quick g'day to all who are both protege's and mentors. I am a young paper trading at present playing with forex and hoping to go live as soon as my trading habits are proven and my head is not emotionally attached to my hard earned money.......this may take a while !!

Looking forward to observing things on this site and hopefully picking up a few pointers that will assist me in my quest to financial freedom for my family.

Bye for now.

Hi, I'm new.

I'll be trading foreign currencies. I'm still reading some books. I'll be paper trading next week. :clover:

hello everyone

Just a quick hello to introduce myself. Am only paper trading at the moment while learning

Hello Everyone,

I trade futures (ES, 6*, CL, ZN/ZB, GC, ZC/ZS/ZW) using Andrews median lines (pitchfork) using Fibonacci Trader multi-timeframe software. I have some interest in Chaos Theory and have done some reading and experimenting in that area. I'm always looking to help out and learn new things.

-Gary

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Hi All,

I 'm absolutely a newbie, the only experience I have is in CFD and only about a week old. I got it from practicing with an online stockbroker's demo account. I hope to do some serious online day trading and would be grateful for any support I can get. Hopefully I gain some proficiency in the future then I 'll be in a position to offer some support too.

Uyi

Newbie (ish) Forex trader..

..saying HI.

Have been paper trading & then refining a few forex strategies for a year now & decided that this forum was as good as anywhere to pick up hints & tips.

Am using Oanda at present and have been (up to now) just using the interest gained on capital to learn the ropes & always using stop losses so any errors have been minimal..

I am a beginner, just heard this was a good site and will peruse with interest.

Thanks for putting this all together,

James

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums