Sticky Introduce Yourself

Nice to be here

Good evening, everybody,

I am Fudscho from Austria and like to hone my skills as a fx-trader. I like to combine spot eur/usd and other major currency with the corresponding options, you might call it covered position Trading.
I am glad to have come across this T2W forum and hope to be inspired by all this interesting threads.
Iam looking forward to reading all your (hot) stuff.

F

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums
MY NAME IS JOSEPH PEPE, 15 LEOPARD RD., BERWYN, PA - 71 YEARS OF AGE - I AM A DAY TRADER TRADING THE QQQQ 'S EXCLUSIVELY - MY APPROACH IS TO FOLLOW THE MARKETS EMPLOYING ELLIOT WAVE THEORY TO SELECT THE FLEX POINTS -

I STARTED INVESTING IN THE 60'S; TRADING IN THE 70'S - I'VE HAD A FEW GOOD YEARS BUT NOTHING CONSISTENT UNTIL THIS YEAR
SINCE APRIL, 2008 MY RESULTS HAVE BEEN PROFESSIONAL, AT LEAST - THIS YEARS CONSISTENCY I ATTRIBUTE TO WORKING WITH A VERY SUCCESSFUL DAY TRADER FOR MANY YEARS PLUS THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO ACCESS A PRECHTER VIDEO ON DAY TRADING LONG, LONG AGO - FOR WHATEVER REASONS IT HAS TAKEN ME ABOUT 35 YEARS TO BECOME RELIABLE & CONSISTENT -
AMAZINGLY, TRADING ALONE IS BECOMING SOMEWHAT BORING - SO, SOMEONE TO EXPERIENCE A BACK YARD FENCE TYPE OF RELATIONSHIP IS WHERE WE ARE HEADING - JOSEPHPEPE1&COMCAST.NET

H Everyone

Hi Everyone,

Sitting in NZ I have been watching a little xe.com currency monitor window on my PC. I was looking for info on currencies I am thinking of trading for a specific non speculative purpose. The window seemed good enough and pretty smart....... I thought.

As the trade comes closer I have been spending more time at the PC and surfing currency web sites. It led me to t2w.

The whole experience has been fascinating and I want to learn to trade. So many questions, best advice? Best software, Best strategy for day trading? Best Strategy for medium and long term? Cost Saving?

Just had brief look at some of the articles, very good, and the argument going on in Forex about technical analysis. If I went down to the pub and started talking about this stuff there would be a deathly hush and the sound of wind whistling through the beer taps.

Once I've figured out what questions to ask they will come thick and fast but first I will have a hunt round the site for the way you do things.

Cheers!

Phil

Last edited:
hi..im forexjr n newbies..please help me or guide me on forex bussiness..teach me system that very profitable pair EU,AU,...thanks

My name is Marius and I am newbie to the game, I have also setup my own blog showing my new experience with Forex and CFD trading. I am also record my trading session and offer other newbies like myself to see others in action

Hello, everyone. My name is Danielle and I am new to this forum. Would love to make friends. Speaking of friends, maybe someone can help me with avatar - I seem to be unable to upload the image. I get an error, but the picture is resized to 85x85 and it is not heavier than 10 kb... any ideas? Appreciate any help :)

Hi Everyone - I'm new to the world of trading - have had some success in property and Unit trusts, and would now like to up the game with Spreadbetting or Forex. All advice welcome!

Is this thing on?

Hello,

Actively trading, but not in large amounts. In this climate, most of my trading is in put options.

I have a fair grasp of macroeconomics and tend to trade on fundamentals and not so much TA.

:clover:

Hi all.

Been trading in forex for years and tears..(how does that sound?)

Pretty heavy on on TA but it aint enough.

I'm still lookin for a good trading system..and hope to find one here.

stay cool..

First Post

Good Morning. I'm Alison007 and have just joined. I have been paper trading on the FTSE100 for the last 3 weeks and have just started trading live. So I'm VERY new to all this. I am hoping to meet like minded people and learn more about trading in general. Am now off to read some of the posts... Many thanks.

Hi all.

Been trading in forex for years and tears..(how does that sound?)

Pretty heavy on on TA but it aint enough.

I'm still lookin for a good trading system..and hope to find one here.

stay cool..

What is your trading style?
Scalp, trending,..

hi my name is tanya and i work in forex field for a swiss finanacial intermediary. I managed the marketing sector and i will be keep in touch with some professionals and private investors. Our strategy and our company can satisfy requests from all kind of investors.

See you soon and hope to hear about you!

thanx

tanya

My company is looking for a good trader..could someone of you suggest me someone?

thanx

I find the trader that is managing my account a good trader...
But I haven't seen manny account managers yet.
Why are they looking for a good one?

Hello Everyone,
new to trading but have been in the financial services business for 15 yrs. I worked as a credit officer and a banker during my corporate career, layoffs was a blessing in disguise as far as I'm concerned and the current volatility should be good for the discerning traders. I have some familiarity with Tech, analysis but I'll be the first to admit I need to know more to be confident of my entry and exit points. I hope to interact with you seasoned traders and learn along the way. Thanks for the fellowship.

Howdy All

Hello all,

Just signed up and looking forward to reading some interesting threads.
A little about myself...
I'm 58, live in south central Indiana. Married with three grown children and six grandchildren. They are a hoot! Just retired from GM and left with what's left of my 401K. OUCH!
I started trading when I bought GM three times in a row... only to have it start it's down trend the next day. Really p'd me off. I had to do something different. That was about a year and half ago. I have been reading, trading, reading and trading some more but have failed to be successful. It didn't help having Murphy's Law kick in about the time I started to take control. But then getting burned a few times has made me very cautious. I'm holding right now not wanting to go long or short.
I signed up looking for help... as much as I can get.
I spent many hours back-testing strategies and looking for the holy grail and had to prove it to myself there isn't such a thing. I believe there are people gifted with the ability to trade, but most will have to work at it and still have difficulty. I will definitely be one of the latter. I believe I am not alone and hope I find those people that have managed to "figure it out".
Well, that's a little about me, where I am in the market and what I hope to get out of listening to others.
I am open to any and all suggestions. I figure anyone who trades and has made any money is much better than I, so I am appreaciative of their willingness to share their ideas and strategies on a forum without charging an arm and a leg; especially if they have a system that works. Opinions abound, working stategies are rare.
Hey, thanks for letting me go on like that...
BMW

Getting bummed out by continuous lousy trades. Does any one recommend a good newsletter I can trade with. I am currently with sinkorswim

Hello, I am jazzysmith. I have been trading for 2 years and have met my goal during demo.. I have accomplish the 1,000,000 goal that I set. Good luck to all other traders.

Thanks
Jazzysmith

Hello all. recent graduate of Online trading academy. Still working with a demo account. Trading FOREX only. Open to any new advice. Thx

Introduce myself

New here as well. Been trading full time since 2001. I has seemed longer at times! Ex Series 3 and 7 with EF Hutton in 1984-1986. Was the worst trader on the planet then. You faded me, you made bank. Left the business and trading then. Went back to being a real estate investor (my first love). In 2001 figured the cycle would end at some time in the not distant future and needed another vehicle. Went back to trading. All the previous bad habits, lack of correct mind-set, etc. had been forgotten. Did a lot of reading and study first. Have done well over the years. However, trading is a lonely business. Looking for a community of traders to share ideas, viewpoints, etc. Primarily an index trader. Options, the ETF's and futures. Located in the Los Angeles, CA area.