InTheMoneyStocks Market Analysis

Re: The Markets Control The Government...Just Watch

If the US defaults, the markets will be shut down for a quite some time. Expecting the US President to declare Marshal Law after the default. Other Governments right around the world will also halt trading in securities etc and impose restrictions on banking. 1929 in retrospect will appear to be like a Sunday School picnic compared to the greatest depression the world will ever experience which will happen shortly.

They'll raise the limit, bury their heads in the sand until the limit is reached again.

Could be worth a quick reversal trade, the day the limit is raised though.

After raising the limit, they can use the money for a new invasion.

Stock Trade: Europe Issues, Gold Top, Dow Bottom

As Europe continues to implode, talk from the European Central Bank President Jean-Claude Trichet has quickly turned from hawkish to dovish. This means that European heads have now made a 180 degree turn from being anti inflation, to printing money and easy monetary policy. This is causing the Euro to collapse and the Dollar to spike. The CurrencyShares Euro Trust (NYSE:FXE) is trading at $141.07, -1.55 (-1.09%).

The future is now clearer and it bodes well for a strong Dollar. The Euro will most likely continue to decline as Europe does what much of the rest of the world has been doing, print money. This could be a very strong negative for gold in terms of U.S. Dollars. The SPDR Gold Trust (ETF) (NYSE:GLD) hit a high of $163.87 but is now collapsing, trading at $160.75, -0.74 (-0.46%). In addition, gold is a very over crowded trade and it appears Wall Street pros are running for the exits.

The stock market is hovering off the lows for now. Volume is huge again, on pace to be bigger than yesterday. The Dow Jones Industrial Average hit a major double bottom on the daily chart from March 2011. The SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF (NYSE:DIA) is trading at $115.98, -2.82 (-2.37%).

DIA08_04_2011.jpg

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks

Repeat of 1997, This Time It Is The West

This recent stock market decline can now be compared to the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis also called the Asian Contagion. This time around it is the European Union collapse that is the leading catalyst for the declines in the stock market. Throughout history the markets have a tendency to repeat themselves in different regions. The debt that all Western countries have is really overwhelming when you think about it. What else could we expect when these numerous countries have higher debt than their national gross domestic product?

The United States is really not very different than Greece, or any other European Union nation when it comes to debt. This is also another problem for the world since the U.S. Dollar is the world's reserve currency. In the past, all of these stock market crashes were resolved by printing more cash and throwing the money at the problem. This is called creating liquidity. This will obviously be the remedy this time around as it has been in the past via QE-1, and QE-2. Whether or not creating cash reserves can fix the problem remains to be seen. This time around it seems as if the markets are not responding to the cheap money as well as it has in the past. After all, the Fed funds rate has been at zero percent since December 2008. This time around, once the $600 billion QE-2 ended the stock market has cratered. The major stock indexes are lower by nearly 20.0 percent since the May 2, 2011 high.

The European markets remain very fragile. The problems in Europe are being resolved by the same method that the Federal Reserve solved the problems in the United States, by buying government bonds. This is really just a band-aid on the problems that are in place in the Euro-zone. As the debt crisis begins to expand into Italy, Spain, and even France, the problems will simply become worst in due time. At this time, the stock markets are extremely oversold and bounces will occur. So far, every bounce has been met by selling. We shall see if these markets can firm up for a little while, however, the major problems for the European Union and the United States will be here for years to come. We can only hope that the Western countries do not face another Weimar Republic situation in the future. History has a tendency of repeating in future generations.

spx%208_9_11.jpg

Nicholas Santiago
InTheMoneyStocks

Re: Repeat of 1997, This Time It Is The West

You said the market was going up recently. But it crashed. From that, I conclude the correct trade direction is opposite to what you are saying. Your chart points down, so I buy.

I wish I could repeat 1997 again. Beats being the 26 year old waster I've turned into!

Hope you're out of your bank of america trade..;)

I see parallels with the end of the USA empire and the end of the USSR empire..

ITMS, I don’t think you have said anything here we do not already know. Why not have a stab at what will happen next unstaed?

Jason and Beginner, act when the time is right... We took profits on BAC a few times then got stopped out for a small loss on one trade - cant win them all just keep the losers small, winners bigger, and wait for times like this afternoon, these were trades. This afternoon we went long at the low of the day, rode it up, consolidated above the 20ma and moved even higher. Within an hour and half the S&P bounced higher about 70 points and we rode it the way up in our chat room and gave alerts to the Research Center.
We also had sept calls out there that paid out huge today. That's what we wait for. Protect yourself in the meantime, put out some feelers, then act when the time is right. Great day!

We hope you guys did well!

I was correct to buy. S&P rocketed as I expected it to.

I wish I could repeat 1997 again. Beats being the 26 year old waster I've turned into!

One of the best posts I've ever read on here was about why people took up trading in the first place. And the conclusion from the poster was that it was because many people had failed in other areas of their life and used Trading as a way to boost their self-esteem. Really was food for thought. How many on here cannot see any truth in this?

Jason and Beginner, act when the time is right... We took profits on BAC a few times then got stopped out for a small loss on one trade - cant win them all just keep the losers small, winners bigger, and wait for times like this afternoon, these were trades. This afternoon we went long at the low of the day, rode it up, consolidated above the 20ma and moved even higher. Within an hour and half the S&P bounced higher about 70 points and we rode it the way up in our chat room and gave alerts to the Research Center.

Can you show us where these trades are independently audited and verified?

And can you also answer the questions I've asked numerous times?

Can you show us where these trades are independently audited and verified?

And can you also answer the questions I've asked numerous times?

Why don't you verify my claims instead ? My post #2 is clearly timestamped, and I never had to wait until after the market have moved before making a prediction on what the market would have done.

Why don't you verify my claims instead ? My post #2 is clearly timestamped, and I never had to wait until after the market have moved before making a prediction on what the market would have done.

Joe, it is true that despite everything you have posted on here, I would actually listen to you before I paid any attention to OutOfTheMoneyStocks.

Every Trade Is Bank Trade

It can easily be seen by most traders that when the bank stocks trade higher the major stock indexes trade higher. Obviously, the opposite is true when the large bank stocks decline the major stock indexes will usually follow. If we go back in time, we will realize that every bailout whether it was the TARP bailout or the bailout of Greece was essentially a bank bailout. Who really cares if a bank goes under? In a capitalist society companies are supposed to be allowed to fail and then file bankruptcy. The good parts of a business will be sold off, the bad parts will no longer exist. However, these banks have not been allowed to fail and have become even bigger since 2008. The four large major banks in the United States monopolize the market in the country while smaller banks go under every week.

J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.(NYSE:JPM) is regarded as the best bank in the United States. This stock has underperformed the stock market since February 2011 when the stock traded as high as $48.00 a share. If the best bank is struggling what can we expect from rest of the too big to fail institutions such as Well Fargo & Co.(NYSE:WFC), Citigroup Inc.(NYSE:C), and Bank of America Corp.(NYSE:BAC)? Just look at the price action in BAC stock, the stock has been decimated recently. This is not the sign of a healthy financial institution. We can only wonder how these banks would fare if they had to use the old mark to market accounting rules. Right now these banks use a mark to model accounting standard. Are you kidding me, model to what?

The major stock market indexes are extremely oversold at this time. Therefore, a bounce higher in these markets cannot be ruled out at this time. It is a very good idea to keep an eye on these leading bank stocks as they have signaled the problems in the economy before they occurred. These are the market leaders on both the upside and downside right now. In essence, every trade is a bank trade.

bac%208_12_11.jpg

Nicholas Santiago
InTheMoneyStocks