Best Thread Interactive Brokers

has anyone had the following issues with IB and know how to solve them:

1. slow downloading of charts. the rest of my internet seems fine, explorer and mozilla load quick enough. The charts in IB TWS load slowly and sometimes just hang with a blank screen.
2. Stops are traded through multiple times and not triggered.
3. Noisy charts full of Spikes

1. slow downloading of charts. the rest of my internet seems fine, explorer and mozilla load quick enough. The charts in IB TWS load slowly and sometimes just hang with a blank screen.

IB will no doubt give you the answers immediately.:)

Hi craigd

1. I've never liked or used TWS charts, although I understood they'd got better over time. I use quotetracker charts(free if you don't mind an banner ad or 2) linked in to TWS data feed.

2. Check your settings under Configure > Order> Presets > your instrument type. For example is the "Time in Force" Day or GTC (good till cancelled). Have you checked the box for allowing trades to be executed out of regular trading hours?

3. QuoteTracker have a spike removal tool, although I rarely have to use it. Also closing and restarting TWS every day corrects the volume data somehow.

eSignal OnDemand Mini Futures

All,

A new product that works with Interactive Brokers, eSignal OnDemand Mini Futures. Provides the full eSignal software, EFS advanced tick charting, trading from the charts, a full DOM display powered by IB for trading.

Working with the CME, it has NO exchange fees as long as you use the integrated trading wth IB. Only $45 per month.

Check it out here:

eSignal OnDemand - Mini Futures

Chuck

All,

A new product that works with Interactive Brokers, eSignal OnDemand Mini Futures. Provides the full eSignal software, EFS advanced tick charting, trading from the charts, a full DOM display powered by IB for trading.

Working with the CME, it has NO exchange fees as long as you use the integrated trading wth IB. Only $45 per month.

Check it out here:

eSignal OnDemand - Mini Futures

Chuck

Can it be connected with Amibroker additionally?

Thanks

Hittfeld

You don't ... you just start trading/charting the next one. Although TWS will warn you when you're getting close to the date where your current one expires.

Rollover would imply a proper charting product like Sierra Chart or Amibroker.

Is IB accessible via iPhone to trade?
If not, are there any other brokers which will allow me to trade via an iPhone?

I got a headache looking at the IB gugarly jargon website. Should be a lawyer not a trader to read that. Anyway I tried :LOL:

A newbie maths question on IB forex margins. Leverage rate is 40:1 so margin requirement is 2.5%. Therefore if I have an account of 10K USD, margin requirement for the pair dollar yen is 2.5K USD. But the calculation is not the same if I was trading eurusd or gbpusd.

And how to calc the pips before I will get a margin call if I trade 1 standard lot for example?

Any maths teacher help me out here :cheesy:

Can anyone who uses IB tell me if it is possible to programme an order that will do this when I am not at my screen:

1 Market opens
2 Price falls to a specified level
3 Price then rises to a point where a buy stop order is triggered

yes with the api, you cand do everything you want. You need the knowledge of programming however, which is not given to anybody.
in c++ you can do this.

you set up the api to have a notification of the price, you receive the quotes in a callback function, and then you do everything you want so in this case this would be a logic operation with some other calls to get the max, then wait the min price you want then another call to a function to set a stop buy.

this can be done.

by
Thierry

yes with the api, you cand do everything you want. You need the knowledge of programming however, which is not given to anybody.

Yes sadly something that I don't have.

I would have thought that a conditional order would do this but an error message comes up saying "A conditional order can only be submitted when the order type is set to limit or market". So it appears I can't use my buy stop. Any other ideas?

paper trade question

Morning just a quick one, im trying to trade my IB paper account, when i try to trade a pair, a box pops up stating

'' no trade permission - account requirement''

???? there is money in my real account

p.s how do i add another currency pair box to the fx trader panel

K

Last edited:
We now have an approved SIPP Administrator... Stadia Trustees. Stadia Trustees, is an FSA regulated SIPP Administrator that has completed our SIPP Administrator (master account) application and has been approved to set-up their clients to trade their SIPP’s through us.

Note: Interactive Brokers UK Limited does not support SIPP accounts directly, rather we do support them going through approved Interactive Brokers UK Limited - SIPP Administrator. SIPP clients can only trade in an Interactive Brokers UK Limited - Cash account i.e., trade online in over 80 global exchanges; shares, futures, options, ETF's and etc. Clients need to pay 100% of the value of the transaction (no leverage). Clients can trade long stock (i.e., no stock shorting), long options (calls/puts), covered call, and call/put spreads. To qualify you need good/extensive knowledge of financial products, because we are a non discretionary broker so we do not give advice. Further you should have conducted a minimum of 100 trades in your lifetime.

If you already hold or want to open a SIPP and would like more information about using the following pre approved SIPP Administrator in order to be their client, which will allow you to trade your SIPP account through us, contact them directly for further details about their respective services:

Ms. Emma Bunting
Stadia Trustees Ltd.
Telephone: 01206 273 496
[email protected]

www.stadiatrustees.com

DISCLAIMER: The above does not act as a solicitation for your business from the pre approved SIPP Administrator, nor are you obligated to use the above SIPP Administrator to trade your SIPP through us. That is, if you already hold a SIPP and you have a SIPP Administrator, they can apply to open a master account with us and if approved you can trade through us. Please refer them to me (tel: 020 7 776 7800) to your SIPP Administrator so we can provide him details about how to open a SIPP Administrator account (at no cost to them).

Well thats the final Straw, GOOOOD BYE IB.

Slippage has cost me too much money, are they interested in the fact that time from execution on their platform to fill is measured in seconds not fractions of second, NO! they aren't. (Estimated 2500 Euro's) customer service just don't care. Gonna liquidate my account and go get a real broker that gives a damn and operates properly.

I want to say what I really feel but moderators would most likely ban me for my language

Last edited: