Interactive Brokers (IB) Rubbish FTSE100 Data Feed

animal

Z index FTSE100
Does anybody else have problems with IB's real-time FTSE100 feed Z ?

For about a month now, this real time feed has been rubbish.
It doesn't appear at all in a TWS window which shows a "Close" all day long and doesn't agree with numbers from elsewhere.
The historic data (Z - 1 min) pumps put some data on connection but doesn't tick at all for hours.

I've used this primary underlying data as the senior UK index for years and it has been solid.
They have been told but no fix after 2 weeks. I'm rather rattled.

Am I missing a trick here?

- they should follow mytrack.com

Hi
No only the cash - have used it for years but it seems IB can't afford to pay what
Ftse International want to charge. See this info
https://ibkr.info//article/3243

I'd be interested to know precisely which day they switched it off and can't think why they didn't just switch it off completely instead of allowing a meaningless stream.
They ought to run a synthetic stream which they calculate from LSE prices and constituents like mytrack.com does (ticker UKX).

Data from ICEEU (Liffe) is fine - again a lot more expensive than it used to be under Liffe.
Anyone would think they want to get rid of all the small players and create a cosy club.

animal... not only IB but Prorealtime have stopped FTSE100 eod because of cost. One has to wonder what is it with these data providers that turns off the normal guy in the street?

Anybody knows why ICE has priced index futures data so highly? IB's price for real-time ICE index futures data is USD 120, where the price of Euronext's L1 futures bundle is EUR 2, and Eurex futures is EUR 8.75.

TradingView doesn't even offer ICE futures.

How is one supposed to trade FTSE100 futures?

The big players don't want us retail traders taking their money from them.It is almost impossible to get decent service in the UK- compare to the US where so many people trade in their 401Ks, data is live,free and brokerage costs are pennies. We are virtually barred from making real money by vested interest. I have tried lobbying everyone- nobody cares-they want us to blow up and keep the gravy traing going.

The big players don't want us retail traders taking their money from them.It is almost impossible to get decent service in the UK- compare to the US where so many people trade in their 401Ks, data is live,free and brokerage costs are pennies. We are virtually barred from making real money by vested interest. I have tried lobbying everyone- nobody cares-they want us to blow up and keep the gravy traing going.
But you can open an account with a us broker

I suspect that pricing is due to the market for info. Many more traders in US, wanting accurate prices for US indices than there are in UK wanting FTSE - why not charge more for it if the market will take it!

Slightly tangential question, but if one cannot recoup USD120 pcm (c.GBP90) trading Z futures worth c.GBP68000, perhaps one needs to reassess trading strategy?

UK marketing policy and style in general seems to be to hike prices till the users squeak, rather than price to attract an increasingly expanding participation.

Recall an entrepreneur, (an early A Sugar?) talking about halving a products price and increasing the accessible market by 5 or 10 times. Things have changed somehow.

A 2 or 3 decades ago, LIFFE were encouraging private players with sensibly priced training courses. Currently they still do some courses but at toward £1K a day aimed at corporates.

I think finding a UK derivatives broker now without having prior experience to demonstrate might be difficult. Nanny's Catch22.

Agree with your tangential point, however that doesn't help a paper trader get sorted out.

Don't trade futures these days, only options and I trade limit orders so pricing does not need to be up to the minute though as a courtesy you'd think those cockwombles in the exchange would let us have one minute delayed pricing-the city traders are terrified of looking like idiots with their Bloomberg screens