DTN IQFeed & IB TWS data feed to TS prosuite 2000i

maxbarlet

Hello,
I need to ask you a question. Should I feed tradestation prosuite 2000i
globalserver with real-time data from IQ-Feed and IB TWS simultaneously.
What would I need?

No you cannot feed both at the same time as they require a different software to work with prosuite 2000i so decide which one is best and go for that.

Have you got a third party interface such as hyperserver so that the data will work ?

No you cannot feed both at the same time as they require a different software to work with prosuite 2000i so decide which one is best and go for that.

Have you got a third party interface such as hyperserver so that the data will work ?

Currently I use NetTrader to feed real-time data to TS2000i globalserver, Hyperorder to use automated orders from TS2000i to IB TWS and at last I use IQFeed to feed Sierra Chart, all on the same pc. I just want to save a little money ....

Well you still need and interface to feed IB or IQ into Globalserver and the best one is hyperserver. IB feed is good enough for most uses but it will depend on what you are trading.

Well you still need and interface to feed IB or IQ into Globalserver and the best one is hyperserver. IB feed is good enough for most uses but it will depend on what you are trading.

But Hyperserver, such as NetTrader and HyperOrder I already use, are products of the same Hypertrader.....

As far as I know they are not the same and each product has to be separately purchased but you can try it and maybe let me know.

As far as I know they are not the same and each product has to be separately purchased but you can try it and maybe let me know.

Hello,
I called Hypertrader and they told me that I can feed globalserver simultaneously with real-time data from IB and Hypertrader using their plug-in for TS2000i Hyperserver or PNS Server but not those of IQFeed. They asked me "why you also need IQFeed data for CME E-mini SP and CME eur.usd future?" "IQFeed real time data are the same data as we have..". I told him that IQFeed real time data are better than those of IB (and maybe even their data ...) because they are not filtered and are not grouped and are ultra low latency and are recommended for those who must make trading volumes , for example with graphics "footprint". They told me that their data source is the same as IQFeed and then there should be no differences. In fact I was asked to do some tests to compare the goodness of their data and the data from IQFeed. What do you think about?

Hmm, I am not sure that the volume data with IB will match that of IQ but then IQ will differ from other data providers. It is worth running a check though and seeing for yourself.

Hmm, I am not sure that the volume data with IB will match that of IQ but then IQ will differ from other data providers. It is worth running a check though and seeing for yourself.

I'm sorry, I did not understand. the real-time data from IQFeed are better than IB, and this is good for traders footprint. That's sure. Do you agree?
Not sure that IQFeed real time data are better than real-time data of Hypertrader. Isn't it? Is there anyone you can ask for that you know?

My understanding is that Hypertrader is an interface and not an independent datafeed. Also unless you test the data of IQ and compare it to that of IB then you are not able to see if one is better.

What instruments are you wanting to trade ?