Inter-market analysis on FTSE 100

The problem with Trade2win is that there are too many Chartists....witches according to the fundamental traders.

Any child can become a TA expert, support and resistance isn't rocket science.

Fundamental traders run this market as they shift the markets either way, so learn to think the way they think. So learn your fundamentals folks

I also encourage everyone to learn the art & science of inter-market analysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz380Pzx9Ow&index=46&list=FLvFUMpvYWrZ_Ih0UoBTVHlw

Hi InterMarketAnalysis

I thought originally when I started FX trading nearly 13 yrs ago that one of the reasons I might succeed was that I had a Hons Degree in Economics - along with approx 25 yrs in the Business world that involved Importing and Exporting and exchanges of currencies

I had originally trained as an accountant - mainly because I always liked Stats and maths and so really thought this would be really relevant for my new career after semi retiring before I was 50.

How wrong I was. :)

I suppose if I was a commercial investor with a few millions and happy with say 20 -35% annual returns - I would look more at the fundamentals so that I could position and take longe term trades etc - ie a bit like investing in the property market in up and coming previously low demand areas.

But I did not have a few million to invest and soon realised just 20 % or even 50% roi on say $30k or even $80k would just not be good enough - and even part time retail traders who might only want to play with less then $10k - was it worth all the effort and study - and risk for just small returns?.

I needed 20 -50% per month returns - unheard of in the Investment industry or in the commercial trading world and so soon realised after a few years trading part time my background and Fundamentals - a big waste of time ;-)

Today I am 90 - 95% totally technical trading FX.

The trouble is its not as you quote "Any child can become a TA expert, support and resistance isn't rocket science".

For me - its far easier to understand the Fundamentals than the intricacies of price waves on a tick chart. In fact it took me many thousands of hrs to really understand and read price at the coalface. ie a few years full time - maybe 5yrs part time

The markets might take some notice of Fundamentals - when it suits it - BUT - the main mover is money taking other lesser money on an intraday basis

You might say - but who want to trade for 10 pips or just 15 pips - Fundamental traders look for hundreds of pips gain - even thousands etc

To do this they need to hedge or have large stops

This is inefficient and will not help you make anywhere near 50% per month on retail size capital accounts - and if I remember correctly T2W is mainly a retail trading Forum - and most newbies or even intermediate traders are not working with a Capital Account of over $1 or 10 million.

In fact the majority would be well under $10k accounts - so why on earth would you want to copy the industry and just earn low returns due to such low trade RR's - ie even a 1000 pip move off a 350 pip stop is a RR of less than 3 - I get that normally in under 15 mins with a 12 pip move.

It just does not make sense to me - but its only my opinion

Obviously - I am really missing the point of all Fundamental retail traders - that's of course all the one with less than multi million pound capital accounts

I would welcome a reply informing me what I am really missing here ??

Thank you

Good Trading

Regards

F

Fxmo decided to take over this thread ! Which is not dedicated to fx anyway ....

Fxmo decided to take over this thread ! Which is not dedicated to fx anyway ....

wouldn't worry overly there mate.

these new threads by ws1928 shouldn't by rights last.

when it's eventually realised, like last time, that his postings have only the agenda of fishing for and hooking new subscribers, they'll either choke off the links or close the lot down.

All I see his the gentleman's signature / strapline of -

Day Trader of FX ,Commodities & Indices,Trading Coach & Mentor.
Economics graduate & student of Inter-market analysis.

"Think like a fundamentalist , trade like a technician
"

I clearly see FX there - ?

So sorry if that is not the case

Regards

F

All I see his the gentleman's signature / strapline of -

Day Trader of FX ,Commodities & Indices,Trading Coach & Mentor.
Economics graduate & student of Inter-market analysis.

"Think like a fundamentalist , trade like a technician
"

I clearly see FX there - ?

So sorry if that is not the case

Regards

F

funny there fx, all I see in his sig is "stop by my gaff, buy my training and my wonderful signal service"

I must get new glasses :eek:nline2lo

FTSE 100 - daily chart

Attachments

• FTSE100 Index.png
    FTSE100 Index.png
    35 KB · Views: 124
FTSE 250 - will be dictated by movement in sterling this week

50% Fib resistance for now

Attachments

• FTSE250 Index.png
    FTSE250 Index.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 133
Hi InterMarketAnalysis

I thought originally when I started FX trading nearly 13 yrs ago that one of the reasons I might succeed was that I had a Hons Degree in Economics - along with approx 25 yrs in the Business world that involved Importing and Exporting and exchanges of currencies

I had originally trained as an accountant - mainly because I always liked Stats and maths and so really thought this would be really relevant for my new career after semi retiring before I was 50.

How wrong I was. :)

I suppose if I was a commercial investor with a few millions and happy with say 20 -35% annual returns - I would look more at the fundamentals so that I could position and take longe term trades etc - ie a bit like investing in the property market in up and coming previously low demand areas.

But I did not have a few million to invest and soon realised just 20 % or even 50% roi on say $30k or even $80k would just not be good enough - and even part time retail traders who might only want to play with less then $10k - was it worth all the effort and study - and risk for just small returns?.

I needed 20 -50% per month returns - unheard of in the Investment industry or in the commercial trading world and so soon realised after a few years trading part time my background and Fundamentals - a big waste of time ;-)

Today I am 90 - 95% totally technical trading FX.

The trouble is its not as you quote "Any child can become a TA expert, support and resistance isn't rocket science".

For me - its far easier to understand the Fundamentals than the intricacies of price waves on a tick chart. In fact it took me many thousands of hrs to really understand and read price at the coalface. ie a few years full time - maybe 5yrs part time

The markets might take some notice of Fundamentals - when it suits it - BUT - the main mover is money taking other lesser money on an intraday basis

You might say - but who want to trade for 10 pips or just 15 pips - Fundamental traders look for hundreds of pips gain - even thousands etc

To do this they need to hedge or have large stops

This is inefficient and will not help you make anywhere near 50% per month on retail size capital accounts - and if I remember correctly T2W is mainly a retail trading Forum - and most newbies or even intermediate traders are not working with a Capital Account of over $1 or 10 million.

In fact the majority would be well under $10k accounts - so why on earth would you want to copy the industry and just earn low returns due to such low trade RR's - ie even a 1000 pip move off a 350 pip stop is a RR of less than 3 - I get that normally in under 15 mins with a 12 pip move.

It just does not make sense to me - but its only my opinion

Obviously - I am really missing the point of all Fundamental retail traders - that's of course all the one with less than multi million pound capital accounts

I would welcome a reply informing me what I am really missing here ??

Thank you

Good Trading

Regards

F

I honestly dont have time to write a lengthy a reply as I am taking the Mrs and 2 kids to the Trafford centre.

Feel free to give me a call on my mobile and we will discuss in length.

PM me ...

I also trade FX and will soon be setting up a thread for AUS/USD, EUR/USD and NZD/USD and sharing my live trades there too .

Trade2win is very stale and full of trolls at present , its about time it got spiced up a bit and improved.

To many negative people in this world .

Always remain positive folks, ignore negative energy .That is the sign of a good trader

I honestly dont have time to write a lengthy a reply as I am taking the Mrs and 2 kids to the Trafford centre.

Feel free to give me a call on my mobile and we will discuss in length.

PM me ...

I also trade FX and will soon be setting up a thread for AUS/USD, EUR/USD and NZD/USD and sharing my live trades there too .

Trade2win is very stale and full of trolls at present , its about time it got spiced up a bit and improved.

To many negative people in this world .

Always remain positive folks, ignore negative energy .That is the sign of a good trader

No problem - you enjoy your time with your family

I have no problem waiting for a sensible reply - even if it takes a few days or a week or so

I don't do PM's - emails - phone calls - Twitter - Facebook - Snapchat - or any other forms of communication

Good Trading and look foward to your FX calls - although if you are selling or marketing them etc - not interested at all

Regards

F

FTSE 10 mins chart

IHS formation - neckline re-test

unfilled gap @ 6395 that must close

Attachments

• FTSE 100 (DFB)10m.png
    FTSE 100 (DFB)10m.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 119