Infractions and Bans on this site

Forexmospherian

Legendary member
To all mods and members of Staff at T2W

Hi Guys

First of all - I have just come back from a 5 day ban - which i understand was due to me incurring infraction points.

Even in the most open minded - free speaking forum - you have to have rules and regulations and its looks as though I breached them with some of my comments - and therefore I accept that I was wrong and would like to apologise and sincerely hope that this does not happen again.

I would like to know - and I am sure many other members would as well the exact discipline procedures as I have read the terms and conditions and the guidelines relating to commenting on threads etc - but am still in dark with regards to how the infraction point work - and also to the length of bans at each level etc.

I fully appreciate I need to work within the regulations and as of today I have only blogged on this site with one single nic - ie Forexmospherian and have not complained with regards to any other members.

I would hope to be able to stay here for at least 2 to 3 more years - but just cannot see that happening if I keep falling foul of the system and therefore need more clarification

Thanks you

Regards

F

These are the main categories of infraction

Disrespecting Moderators or T2W Staff
Dubious ad-ish posting
General Rudeness
Inappropriate Language
Inappropriate post bumping
Insulted Other Member(s)
Posting inside jokes or terms not understood by the majority
Posting is intentionally disrupting the conversation
Posting not related to the discussion
Signature Rule Violation
Purposely posting misinformation
Spammed Advertisements
Multinicks
Multiple Spamming

Each is worth 25 points and lasts for 30 days. If you rack up over 100 points, you get a
ban and a letter from the queen.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
These are the main categories of infraction

Disrespecting Moderators or T2W Staff
Dubious ad-ish posting
General Rudeness
Inappropriate Language
Inappropriate post bumping
Insulted Other Member(s)
Posting inside jokes or terms not understood by the majority
Posting is intentionally disrupting the conversation
Posting not related to the discussion
Signature Rule Violation
Purposely posting misinformation
Spammed Advertisements
Multinicks
Multiple Spamming

Each is worth 25 points and lasts for 30 days. If you rack up over 100 points, you get a 5 day ban and a letter from the queen.

Hope this helps

Hi ffsear

Thank you and most helpful

So each 25 point infraction last for 30 days and then they disappear and so for me to get a 5 day ban I needed 4 infractions within this period , I presume

Does an infraction occur if another member reports a post you make and then the post is removed?

Can only the thread starter report a post in their thread - or can any post be reported by any member and it will then be removed if a mod or member of staff believe it breaches any of the infraction categories you have mentioned ?

I am not asking these questions to try and take advantage of any situation - but purely to keep on the correct side of what is allowed - and of course to get a letter from the Queen:)

Cheers

Regards

F

Last edited:
What did you do F for the full 5 day ban ?

I bet Mrs F was loving all the extra help around the house. :LOL:

What did you do F for the full 5 day ban ?

I bet Mrs F was loving all the extra help around the house. :LOL:

Hi Mike

As per normal - traded every day and blogged in word with regards to my thoughts on pairs and levels to try and keep me focused

I did fail to meet my daily target on one of the days - making 10 days now in total since November 2nd that I have failed on this secondary objective - but still maintained a 100% success rate on the primary objective - ie everyday I trade making a profit :)

As I am sure you know Mike - intraday trading forex can be very boring over a 5 - 10 hr day - so you do need ways of maintaining your focus and concentrations levels and what better way than interacting with traders and getting their views etc to see whether they might agree with what you are planning

Have a good week

Regards

F

Hi ffsear

Thank you and most helpful

So each 25 point infraction last for 30 days and then they disappear and so for me to get a 5 day ban I needed 4 infractions within this period , I presume

Does an infraction occur if another member reports a post you make and then the post is removed?

Can only the thread starter report a post in their thread - or can any post be reported by any member and it will then be removed if a mod or member of staff believe it breaches any of the infraction categories you have mentioned ?

I am not asking these questions to try and take advantage of any situation - but purely to keep on the correct side of what is allowed - and of course to get a letter from the Queen:)

Cheers

Regards

F

Actually, I think your banned for what ever time your infraction points
t remain over 100. So if you had 4 infractions in 1 day you'd be on a 30 day ban

Last edited:
I've had 3 warnings to date but no bans.......

Damn !
N

To all mods and members of Staff at T2W

Hi Guys

First of all - I have just come back from a 5 day ban - which i understand was due to me incurring infraction points.

Even in the most open minded - free speaking forum - you have to have rules and regulations and its looks as though I breached them with some of my comments - and therefore I accept that I was wrong and would like to apologise and sincerely hope that this does not happen again.

I would like to know - and I am sure many other members would as well the exact discipline procedures as I have read the terms and conditions and the guidelines relating to commenting on threads etc - but am still in dark with regards to how the infraction point work - and also to the length of bans at each level etc.

I fully appreciate I need to work within the regulations and as of today I have only blogged on this site with one single nic - ie Forexmospherian and have not complained with regards to any other members.

I would hope to be able to stay here for at least 2 to 3 more years - but just cannot see that happening if I keep falling foul of the system and therefore need more clarification

Thanks you

Regards

F

Was it your picture you posted F?........scary but surely not worth a ban ?

:LOL:
N

Hi FoMo,
Any member can report any post on any thread. Thread starters have no special privileges - unless they start a thread in the journals section. (See the Journal Sticky for details.) What happens to any reported post is at the sole discretion of the Moderators. I have reported posts in the past that have been left unedited - let alone deleted with infraction points 'awarded' to the poster - so they are truly independent of everyone, including staff/admin'.
HTH.
Tim.

Hi FoMo,
Any member can report any post on any thread. Thread starters have no special privileges - unless they start a thread in the journals section. (See the Journal Sticky for details.) What happens to any reported post is at the sole discretion of the Moderators. I have reported posts in the past that have been left unedited - let alone deleted with infraction points 'awarded' to the poster - so they are truly independent of everyone, including staff/admin'.
HTH.
Tim.

Yes - thanks Tim

Regards

F

Hi ffsear

F

No mate, in most cases the posts just get removed but there is no need to hand out infractions. I don't believe alienating established members of this forum because they get emotional now and again. We all do it! :eek: Its mainly the sneaky advertisers and repeat offenders that we hand them out to.

Last edited:
The bans for infractions work as follows:

50 points (which comes from 2 normal infractions) incurs a 5 day ban

100 points (which comes from 4 normal infractions) is a lifetime ban

The above are automatic so in the case of a 5 day ban it was due to incurring 2 infractions within 30 days of each other

Reactions: tar
Perhaps there should be a feed back system for when mods are unnecessarily rude or aggressive towards members......

Perhaps there should be a feed back system for when mods are unnecessarily rude or aggressive towards members......
Oh come on Richard, surely they are allowed a few perks with the job, nowt else in it for 'em!

My feedback.

I think it's great when the mods are rude and aggressive towards the readership of this suite of forums, I know I would be if I had to put up with the crap that they have to:)

Oh come on Richard, surely they are allowed a few perks with the job, nowt else in it for 'em!

I wasn't really serious, Tim.
Most mods do it because they want to make a contribution and they work hard and are appreciated - just look at how hard and tirelessly barjon worked, for example. Mods also get a lot of aggression from certain members and I've often thought those members should have been banned long before they were.
Some mods, however,enjoy their petty little power and the rudeness they feel they can get away with - and I've heard that from many members over the years, not just my personal experience. Interestingly, the bad mods don't seem to last too long.
The t2w staff are different. I've never had a problem with any of them, nor has anyone I know - they are always professional and reasonable.
Richard

Last edited:
. . .The t2w staff are different. I've never had a problem with any of them, nor has anyone I know - they are always professional and reasonable.
We'll have to have a meeting with this as the first item on the agenda. I'm there's a lot we can do to soon change this!