Info on Traders International wanted

Terrific Eric I gues we'll be in the same class on Monday??? I have just downloaded the manuals - what a serious approach he has going!! Let me know how you are doing. Here's my email: [email protected]

Good Trading Program/Trade Room?

If anyone on this blog is still looking for a good trade program and trade room I'm certain I have found it. Had a long private conversation with the traders and teacher trader, saw results, very defined program, very focused on training the trader until he knows it and is successful. Watched the room from the insider for 2 days -very transparent and professional!!! Superior teacher! I've signed up after a lot of scutiny. Send me an email or respond to this note if interested. Too many people struggling here and getting burned!!

I'm interested.

- Dunwoody Don

Everyone on here has an opinion but no one is a member. No one has actual experience with the program...Has anyone out there actually BOUGHT it and is using it? thats who I want to talk to....

Everyone on here has an opinion but no one is a member. No one has actual experience with the program...Has anyone out there actually BOUGHT it and is using it? thats who I want to talk to....

Yes, I have bought it and used it. I have tried TI and do not like it. Divergence is a a killer in trending markets and there are alot of false signals. Also their trade management has a lot to answer for. 2pt stop and 2 pt target makes any pro trader scratch their head.

better to remember that the trend is you friend!!!

As for their $7000 fee - I wish I spent my money on books and filling my trading account. It is possible to learn to day trade from others on the internet for a much lower price. Also remember that TI focus on their one method of trading only, divergence. There are alot more methods theories and strategies involved with trading. Patterns recognition, elliott wave, fib retracemnt, market internals like $TICK, $ADV-DECL and the list goes on. TI's narrow education is definatly not worth the $7000 they are asking.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Hi All,

I am a Trading Authority student too and can recommend the course to anyone wanting to learn to trade.

I nearly ended up with TI but they where a bit dodgy when i spoke to them about the course.

Tood Brown is a good teacher and takes time to explain things one on one if i need too and the best thing i likes is that he never promised me that i will make x$$$ or that he has magical indicator settings that will make me successful.

He has a few systems he teaches which look good but i haven't back tested them yet, but the main thing is i fell like he is teaching how to trade and explains why he makes certain decisions and what to look for.

TI was all about the magic stoch and MACD numbers they said "if we let you in the room for a trial you will see the indicator settings" so this tells me that they base their entire program on the dam stoch and macd settings.

There is money management and psychology which is if not more important i see this now because my course teaches this and it makes scene.

i have been watching t.i.'s webinars for some time now and i must admit they are very slick and convincing,however i cannot,try as i might,understand why these people who claim to have a 70% success rate on s&p 500 e-mini's would want to sell it to other people instead of simply operating it with more and more contracts(built up from their 70% winnings)and getting very rich,when i asked them this question i was told that they just wanted to help other people to trade the e-mini's profitably,if this is true why charge $7000 for doing so?,if helping people is their real objective why not do it for free but with a small charge to cover expenses.on other forums i have seen nothing but bad reports about t.i.,including legal actions being taken against them,i have no way of knowing if these reports are true,but paying $7000 to be helped seems a tad expensive to me even if all their claims are true,never forget the old sayings such as "if it seems to good to be true it probably is"if you have experience of t.i.'s methods (good or bad)please relate them on this thread and help those who may be considering spending $7000 to hear the other side of the t.i story from experienced traders and users of the t.i. system.

I agree anson, trading is not a get rich quick method. there is countless hours of learning and screen time involved. I traded for a year and lost about $10,000 before I became successful at it. T.I claim that they have a 70% win ratio... hmmmm it is always easy to pick your trades in hindsight. The thing that made me good at trading S&P emini futures is pattern recognition the 50% fib retracment and a very good trade managment method. Meaning, I can have a disarstrous 37% win ratio and still come out in front. Not an overpriced trading room or $7000 fee to tell me what a candlestick was!

Hello fellow traders,

I have been trading for 9 months and bought almost all the indicator packages along with the chat rooms.. This is my personal experience only - but I was/am a member at both and can say thetradingzone (TTZ) is the better pick of the two (although the up front cost is much higher as well).

I spent 2 months in puretick and found it near impossible to follow along (shadow trade) alexs calls and replicate the claimed earnings posted on his site. I realize they claim to teach you how to trade and not to shadow, but I was unfortunately not able to. Furthermore, he is always adding contracts to losing trades to leverage them and other tricks that are impossible for a novice to follow along with and feel comfortable doing.

As for TTZ - there is much more material to study/learn AND more importantly there is sufficient time between gregs calls to position for the trade properly. Unfortunately, the last month has been difficult in TTZ (possibly everywhere also) and most days were not profitable overall. But in all fairness, I have only been a member there for 2 months, so maybe they were profitable at some point. Their FESX night sessions seem to be performing much better using the same methodology, but that's a 3am-11am gig.

THE main point for both rooms is that they do not give you specific exit strategies (they all scale out of their positions). So if you're only trading 1-2 lots, knowing when to hold on for a runner VS selling at 1-2 points is extremely difficult and frustrating to say the least. And I am not convinced that for a smaller trader, the risk reward works in either scenario (in the current extremely volatile and whippy conditions on the ES).

What I am realizing $30,000+ later (courses, materials, indicators and actual trading losses :-( is that it's less about the methodology and more about my personal confidence in my trading abilities.. For example, I follow along gregs calls in TTZ, the first 2 are losers so I stop trading for the day. Then the third call is a winner that makes up for the first two and brings a profit overall. Did the methodology fail, or did I??

Point being, whatever methodology you choose to study, you need to really work at it for an extended period of time and get comfortable with it BEFORE going live.. My best advice is to trade on SIM until you totally understand it and are consistently profitable. Of course there's no guarantee you will be profitable live. But at least you will have built some confidence in yourself and understand the methodology. Once you are live, you'll have a whole different (and in my opinion much more difficult) thing to get through; the emotions of trading.

Trading is not something you will learn in a month following these room calls, it takes time to study the markets and really learn.. Not to mention trial and error with all the materials and courses that are currently available to newbie traders.

Make sure you having your account properly funded (I recommend a minimum $10,000 in your account per contract traded). Otherwise you will be way too emotional when a trade doesn't go your way..

Also, you must have proper money management in place AND a trading plan. Otherwise you can have the best methodology in the world but will get killed trying to execute it.

Hope this helps, and feel free to ask me any questions as long as they aren't specific questions on the methodology - I personally like greg from TTZ a lot and wouldn't want to jeopardize that.

Best of luck

Last edited:
Thanks, Hanzsolo...great post! So I suppose your conclusion is that among all the emini trading rooms you tried you like TTZ the best. Could you please tell me what other rooms or courses (with no rooms) you have tried in your trading career?

Guys just a quick heads up it doesn't take years to start being profitable in the markets.
I have done it and i have lost $5000 before i admitted to my self i help and a plan.

Now i am profitable in the market and it didnt take me years.
Just make sure the company that you choose for your education is trustworthy and paying for education is not a bad thing. I got on a course for $4000 which i split with my brother.

when you look for a course looke for these things;
- they should teach you multiple systems 2 to 4 is good in my opinion
- anything over $5000 is too much
- they should give you at least 4 to 5 month access to they live trading room anything less than that is a ripoff
- you NEED i cant stress this enough at least $7500 to start trading other wise you wont be able to hold out is your system has a bad week or so.
- if the education Co tells you you can start trading with less than $5000 they are lying
- If the focus of education Co is on how much you could make a day, week or month RUN that means they are just sweat talking you.
- The education should focus on trading skills, money management and psychology, NOT some magic indicator.
- If they say you can trade 2h a day and make money WRONG, they are talking trash. It takes alot of hard work to test your systems and analyze the market. It took me about 7h a day in my first few months to get things ready before i went live and the effort payed off i am now profitable in themarket.

good luck all

Last edited:
I think your tlking Todd Brown

I think your talking Todd Brown and Trading Authority. Absolutely superior for all the criteria you list. I am trading as I type this and have made $1400 on the TAT1 system this am. He teaches several methods, several markets, and a very psychological, money management, system approach. I am a teacher and I can evaluate a teacher quickly. This guy is 'A1' material!!!!

Guys just a quick heads up it doesn't take years to start being profitable in the markets.
I have done it and i have lost $5000 before i admitted to my self i help and a plan.

Now i am profitable in the market and it didnt take me years.
Just make sure the company that you choose for your education is trustworthy and paying for education is not a bad thing. I got on a course for $4000 which i split with my brother.

when you look for a course looke for these things;
- they should teach you multiple systems 2 to 4 is good in my opinion
- anything over $5000 is too much
- they should give you at least 4 to 5 month access to they live trading room anything less than that is a ripoff
- you NEED i cant stress this enough at least $7500 to start trading other wise you wont be able to hold out is your system has a bad week or so.
- if the education Co tells you you can start trading with less than $5000 they are lying
- If the focus of education Co is on how much you could make a day, week or month RUN that means they are just sweat talking you.
- The education should focus on trading skills, money management and psychology, NOT some magic indicator.
- If they say you can trade 2h a day and make money WRONG, they are talking trash. It takes alot of hard work to test your systems and analyze the market. It took me about 7h a day in my first few months to get things ready before i went live and the effort payed off i am now profitable in themarket.

good luck all

hi Edwin

I am interested in the Day Trader training that you thought was good.

Thanks David

I have been using Ninja Trader as a platform and AMP futures as a broker.

I follow Traders international 3 times a week on their free webinar.

My Initial $100k Demo account has grown to $822,000 since march 2009 so in 4 months I have made 700%.

Oh if anyone thinks that using a demo account is easy and not the same then my answer would be then why did I blow $200,000 in demo accounts before I learned to trade properly and with the right mindset & psychology?

I use my own strategy as well as take their trades.

My Strategy is to use support and resistance areas, the OHLC ,Pivots, and convergence points of 3-5 Moving averages to use as S&R areas. Volume is a key indicator too. I try to follow the trend of the session as well as the pull backs to a moving average line or pivot.

I do have the RSI< STOCHASTICS MACD too but I don't really use those.

After months of training on the Ninja training courses every day and blowing a couple of accounts up I was able to change my ways and rarely have a losing day.

I trade with just 10 contracts despite my huge account size.

I found it best to become proficient using 2 contracts with an ATM strategy ( 1 as a runner after a 1 point gain.

Using 10 contracts you only need to make 1 point per day to have a huge annual salary of $150,000.

It is much easier to make $500 to $1000 per day with 10 contracts than it will be with just 2 as you will need 10 trades to make the same. But you need a larger account size to do 10 contracts, I would say More than $25,000 to trade 10 contracts that will cost $4000 to enter and your 2 point risk is $1000. That is too much risk by most training but I am ok with it.

I trade 12- 18 hours every day on on the ES and Forex because I love trading even on SIM.

TI is good for newbies that do not have a clue because the internet is full of training courses, you would have to spend a lot of time training before you found your niche, eminis is the place for newbies, (low risk, electronic trading, low commissions, high leverage, no day trading restrictions or restrictions on shorting and its an ETF a level playing field for all.

I have not seen any live market training by any other company in the world so thats why I like them.

Some people can train themselves others can't but now you know the best market for newbies you are on your way. it took me 4 years to find out about eminis and ninja trader! and a good few Thousands of $$$$$$ ;-)

Last edited:
Hi Hanzolo

The method you mention is called averaging up or down to try to reduce losses when a trade goes against you.

I have a system similar, if I get stopped out at 2 points loss then the next trade I will do, I trade 4x more contracts so if I lost 2 points on 1 contract I only need 2 ticks to cover the loss which is really easy to get on the ES. The beauty of this system is your loss does not run away as you are out of the trade at your stop loss, you are not chasing it and you have time to recalculate your next trade without any stress. I make sure my next entry is at a higher probability area too. if I lose that trade I will order 16 contracts on the next trade. My win/loss ratio is 7 out of 10.

Hope that helps