Indicators are liars! Support and Resistance Trading for the S&P emini

Hi everyone

Please find attached todays levels. The S/R numbers are in the black column, the MP, Pivots, Fibs, Simple Moving Averages and Summary Numbers are for confluence and information.

Always remember to use the numbers as a guideline for potential areas of high probability plays.

Always use a set up based upon your system to enter a trade
Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistancetrading.com 25-11.jpg
    supportandresistancetrading.com 25-11.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 203
Hi everyone

Please find attached todays levels. The S/R numbers are in the black column, the MP, Pivots, Fibs, Simple Moving Averages and Summary Numbers are for confluence and information.

Always remember to use the numbers as a guideline for potential areas of high probability plays.

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistancetrading.com 26-11.jpg
    supportandresistancetrading.com 26-11.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 193
Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistancetrading.com 28-11.jpg
    supportandresistancetrading.com 28-11.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 192
Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistance 01-12.jpg
    supportandresistance 01-12.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 181
Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistance 02-12.jpg
    supportandresistance 02-12.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 180
Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistance 03-12.jpg
    supportandresistance 03-12.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 194
Rundown of Support and Resistance levels

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to give us a rundown as to how you determine the Support and Resistance levels so we can learn to do it ourselves? How do you determine the VAL, POC, VAL, Standard Pivots, Fibonacci Levels, SMA's, etc. Sorry if it is a beginners request but I'm just finding my feet here.

Thanks in advance. (y)

Regards,

Andy

Well, I guess we are here until ET stops being so ridiculous.

They can close the thread but they can't stop us from sharing this wonderful system.
Thanks for notifying me and it's good to this continued here, hopefully the others will show up.

Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistance 04-12.jpg
    supportandresistance 04-12.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 200
Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistance 05-12.jpg
    supportandresistance 05-12.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 175
my money management method to help you minimise your risk and gain risk to reward ratios of atleast 1:2.
My stop is usually 5 ticks from entry and as soon as price moves 3 ticks my way i move my stop to 3 ticks from entry. At this point I should hopefully have 1/3 filled at 3 ticks. The next 1/3 should hopefully be filled at 5 ticks

The 1/3 filled at 5 ticks is my guaranteed profit in the trade.

Could you give examples of this please?

For example, if the buy price is 80.0, does 5 ticks mean .5, so the stop would be at 79.5?

Then when the price goes to 80.3, you move the stop to 79.7?

How do you avoid small fluctulations in price (or market makers), and why not set a .5 or .6 trailing stop?

Thanks for your comments. :)

Hi John

5 ticks on the ES means a 1.25 point stop. However due to the increased volatility as of late. I have increased my stop to 8 ticks or 2 points, and sometimes more depending on the marker that day. So with an 8 tick stop entry would be at 880.0 with stop at 878.0

I assume when you say a trailing stop you mean some form of mechanised stop? I have tinkered with this but found that my trade would either get taken out too early, or in some instances too late, I prefer to use my discretion to manage the runner.

Hope this helps.

I assume when you say a trailing stop you mean some form of mechanised stop? I have tinkered with this but found that my trade would either get taken out too early, or in some instances too late, I prefer to use my discretion to manage the runner.

You don't set an automatic stop at all then?

That is interesting, and scary. :)

Oh yeah ofcourse i have a hard stop of 2points, I thought your question was related to trade management. How I manage my runner, I get myself into a risk free position and then focus on managing my runner and getting the most of it.

You don't set an automatic stop at all then?

That is interesting, and scary. :)

Oh yeah ofcourse i have a hard stop of 2points, I thought your question was related to trade management. How I manage my runner, I get myself into a risk free position and then focus on managing my runner and getting the most of it.

Yes, I see what you're saying. Thanks for clarifyinng.

Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistance 08-12.jpg
    supportandresistance 08-12.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 194
Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistance 10-12.jpg
    supportandresistance 10-12.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 175