Indicators are liars! Support and Resistance Trading for the S&P emini

Hi everyone

Please find attached todays levels. The S/R numbers are in the black column, the MP, Pivots, Fibs and summary are for confluence and information.

Always remember to use the numbers as a guideline for potential areas of high probability plays

Always use a set up based upon your system to enter a trade.

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistancetrading.com 31-10.jpg
    supportandresistancetrading.com 31-10.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 255
Thanks

Many traders believe that to be successful you need mountains of indicators that give you some kind of "edge" over the market. I am here to say that trading as a means of consistent income does not have to be painful or difficult. That less is certainly more when it comes to trading. Ive met traders with every indicator under the sun on their charts, with years of training under their belts having spent thousands of $$$'s and STILL not making a consistent income....

Why? Because Indicators are liars! Sure sometimes you might pull of a trade or 2 but in the end you always get spanked....Why? Because not everyone uses a MACD with your settings, not everyone uses a Stochastics or an RSI. I believe to be an effective trader you have to look at what the majority of traders look at...So what do most traders look at? Support and Resistance! Almost every system out there uses Support and Resistance to some extent. Support and Resistance is our number 1 indicator. So why not make Support and Resistance your system?! Mark up some levels on a chart using time frames from 1hr and above (this is what the big boys who move the market watch, so no lower please) and see what happens! Use other info that the majority of traders watch ONLY as confluence, Market Profile levels, Pivots and Fibs.

In the attached file is my daily worksheet, I will start posting this on the forum regularly as long as others find it of value. The levels described in the attachment are considered high probability areas for market "reversal", offering retracements of 0.75 points to in some cases 50+ points. In many instances historically referenced Support and Resistance levels can help traders catch markets tops/ bottoms to the very tick! Why? Because Support and Resistance levels are the most widely used trading tool! Everyone from Hedge funds and banks to the small time trader at home use Support and Resistance levels

It might be difficult to leave the system you are using now so why not use these levels as a guide alongside set ups defined by the system/strategy that you are implementing. All levels described have historical significance and thus considered high probability numbers. The numbers described are in a fairly large range to take account of market volatility. Throughout the trading day these numbers can become areas of Support AND Resistance.

Thank you so much. I'm new to trading and iv been getting all confused over all the indicators and which ones to use. Can you be my mentor?

Hi everyone

Please find attached todays levels. The S/R numbers are in the black column, the MP, Pivots, Fibs, Simple Moving Averages and Summary Numbers are for confluence and information.

Always remember to use the numbers as a guideline for potential areas of high probability plays.

Always use a set up based upon your system to enter a trade
Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistancetrading.com 03-11.jpg
    supportandresistancetrading.com 03-11.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 233
Hi everyone

Please find attached todays levels. The S/R numbers are in the black column, the MP, Pivots, Fibs, Simple Moving Averages and Summary Numbers are for confluence and information.

Always remember to use the numbers as a guideline for potential areas of high probability plays.

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistancetrading.com 04-11.jpg
    supportandresistancetrading.com 04-11.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 236
Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistancetrading.com 05-11.jpg
    supportandresistancetrading.com 05-11.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 214
Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistancetrading.com 06-11.jpg
    supportandresistancetrading.com 06-11.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 242
Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistancetrading.com 07-11.jpg
    supportandresistancetrading.com 07-11.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 219
Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistancetrading.com 10-11.jpg
    supportandresistancetrading.com 10-11.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 242
Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistancetrading.com 11-11.jpg
    supportandresistancetrading.com 11-11.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 240
Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistancetrading.com 12-11.jpg
    supportandresistancetrading.com 12-11.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 266
G'day ESR,

Fancy seeing you here (y)
Much lower volume of replies, but the folks here are so much more civilised, daon't you think :cheesy:

Catchya m8,
Preach

Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistancetrading.com 13-11.jpg
    supportandresistancetrading.com 13-11.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 292
Preacher! not seen you around for a few days. hope your well.
Mate, I've been putting some crazy hours in at work... which is why I need to get real good at this, real quick..!! Good enough to be confident in it as my primary income!

Whilst I'm here, you can answer a question for me if you would be so kind: your tick chart does what it is supposed to... but mine is crazy and pretty meaningless (n)
Have a look at the attached and see what you can suggest for me please :)

The chart is from IB's TWS; their charts are pretty limited IMHO. After much research, I've just opened with Infinity and will be using Sierra Charts, so I'll have much better charts soon.

Thanks in advance m8,
Preach

Attachments

• What can I change to make this more meaningful.jpg
    What can I change to make this more meaningful.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 342
Hi everyone

Good trading all

P.S. Flying out to Las Vegas for a short holiday today, will be gone for a few days, will try to have the numbers our monday and tuesday but cannot guarantee it : ) Have a good weekend all.

Attachments

• supportandresistancetrading.com 14-11.jpg
    supportandresistancetrading.com 14-11.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 247
Hi everyone

Good trading all

P.S. I am using a data source that is not my normal source. In the past the data from this source has been inaccurate so cannot be totally sure. Normal service will resume when I return to London.

Attachments

• supportandresistancetrading.jpg
    0 bytes · Views: 3,952
Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistancetrading.com 20-11.jpg
    supportandresistancetrading.com 20-11.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 263
Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistancetrading.com 21-11.jpg
    supportandresistancetrading.com 21-11.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 251
Hi everyone

Good trading all

Attachments

• supportandresistancetrading.com 24-11.jpg
    supportandresistancetrading.com 24-11.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 240