Index King In Da' House !

Guys, have you noticed the DOW trigger for the last 2 days on the IK website has been lagging by 6 days instead of the usual 7 days..!

Interesting..!!

Cheers Snip

DD

When did it go to a 5 day lag.... I have missed some of the web site daily reports.

Cheers Snip

snip
r u sure as the dow did not trade on the recent holiday and if you are looking at bar charts the holiday does not show a bar and can be mistaken as a day less when counting backward.
please do correct me if i am wrong in saying this. thanks jai

Thanks jai... You have hit the nail on the head..

I did not list a record for the 27/11 because the Dow was missing, obviously I should have carried over the previous close price for the DOW for that day. Silly me..:)

Just shows that all these heads are better than one..!!

Cheers Snip

What is the current trade, going by our version of the system??

The figures posted up on the website dont add-up somehow, either we are missing something or the new guy is getting it wrong!

a few guys here are still in a BUY dow position, why is this????
have we not got the reverse trigger yet? (I think the new guy jumped the gun abit)

Mug2k

"What is the current trade, going by our version of the system??"
On 25th November the close figs were Ftse 4389 and Dow 9764 which gives a Diff of 5375 - slightly different to IK 5379.

"The figures posted up on the website dont add-up somehow"
The figues for 1/2 Dec are pretty much in line with the 7-day lag method, bar a couple of points.

"a few guys here are still in a BUY dow position, why is this????"
Presumably because they're following the system, which doesn't always get it right or goes against you before it comes good. The Diff was 5375 or more. It's currently 5477, so theoretically it's an even better time now to get on the trade.

"have we not got the reverse trigger yet?"
No. And if it had reversed already, it would have been a loser because the Diff has been increasing.
It has to fall quite a way to get the Buy Dow, Sell Ftse signal at the moment. 165 points shy last night.

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

According to my updating of the recent spreadsheet, the trade reversed on the 24Nov for a loss of 58 points and is now in a Buy Ftse Sell Dow Diff to Decrease, reverse if Dow hits 9688 (a loss of 99 points, up from yesterdays closing position of a loss of 114 points).

Strong rise on DOW (+40 points) means the trade maybe swinging back into favour and now might be a good time to jump on.

It certainly is for all us paper traders!

Rgds Stephen

p.s. trying to alter the spreadsheet to see if its better to wait after reverse for trade to go in our favour before jumping in. It will reduce profits on some trades which go right way to start with, but could increase profits on those which go out first. It may take a while as work commitments takes me away from a PC for three days from tonight! I will post results if worthwhile when done.

GLAD 2 SEE YOU GUYS ARE STILL WORKING ON IK'S SYSTEM!

It works, aslong as you follow it like a zombie! Leave your emotions somewhere else, it will pay off!!!

Mug2k

By the way, trades are not always entered as your speadsheets show! Conditions and rules must be met b4 any trade is entered! Ever wondered why IKs results are so much better???

I agree with you Mug2K. I have been trading the system for about 2 months and have done well without the needless stress of holding down a full time job and constantly worrying about the markets. Just wait a few days after reversal conditions are met. This improves the eventual profitability considerably. If the differences do not advantageously widen then wait until the next reversal. Patience is a virtue

From CJ

IS the system Ftse Dow Diff from a book call champion traders by some guy called shiraz. some guy phone me about it last year he lost money on it? It don't sound a stronger enough reson to me to just buy or sell the Dow against the ftse if there some kind of 5000 deferential. you more likely to make money by on the Dow verses the bond market

CJ

CJ,

I was wondering if the idea came from a book. I was thinking of "Intermarket Technical Analysis" by John J.Murphy.

Do you know where I could get a copy of "champion traders". I don't buy many books but this subject interests me.

does anybody have an idea as to if THE INDEX ADJUSTMENT SYSTEM for sale on the index king's website is this system for the differential trades we are doing? thanks jai.

jaichopra,

I very much doubt it. It looks like the standard too good to be true advert that so many of these "systems" have. As usual, if it is that good, I have to ask why they would want to sell it.

If it is the same system, we seem to have worked out a lot of it in this thread and it probably wouldn't be worth paying to find out more.

thanks BigBusiness
by the way i have the champion trader by shiraz lakhi. it just states that the equilibrium balance of the dow ftse diff. is at 4400 and it is a sell diff. trade when this diff. is 4700+ and it is a buy from 4100 or lower. i personally asked this guy via emails as to what was the method of calculating this mid point balance, but all he said was that it was worked through a complex software he had bought in the states,not saying any names.
here is my observation . I have seen the 4400 no. is normally crossed over every 2-3 months but this time it has stayed away from this no. for many months. the book if i remember cost £95.
but i have given all the info. here regarding the diff trades in it. hope this is informative regards jai.

Richard (Who has taken over from IK)

When are you going to start posting on this site? Until IK made his snap decision every one got on well. Let's hear from you.

Using the 150 stop suggested by IK, the current trade would be stopped out at this time, but the website still shows the trade is open. Have you decided not to employ a stop?

Hi guys

Ive got the Champion Trader by Shiraz Lakhi, its not a bad read! His system seem like it would work but you would have to include some sort of stop-loss (as he doesnt even mention 1 :eek: ) Without it I feel you would be broke in no time

Big-business do you want to buy my copy, Im in a good mood so just gimme a offer :cheesy:

Jaichopra

Yeah the Champion Trader is based on the same idea as IK's system, in that the difference between FTSE and DOW will either increase or decrease from the norm.
But how does anybody calculate the norm? I know IK had a method for calculating this, it also changed depending on what level the markets where currently trading.

A few ideas for you spreadsheet wizards to have a look at maybe!

Mug2k

Last edited:
Big-business do you want to buy my copy, Im in a good mood so just gimme a offer :)

No thanks. I have ordered a second hand copy of the Murphy book from Amazon and will let you know if that is any good.

Darren
The 150 point stop was for use if "The bet has run for 12 days or more and has run 150 points+from the starting difference on the 12th day."
And the Stop is optional.
"Since the trades sometimes go further out than anticipated, you only need to look at the previous Dow closing values for the current trade. If they are much higher/lower than the current market value of the Dow, then its only a matter of time before the Dow comes back hard."
Glenn