Index King In Da' House !

Hi IK,

I have just read through all the post on this thread with great interest. Looks good. I have a few questions and would be grateful if you could just claify a few points.

1). When you mention closing price thats 9.00pm on the dow, what about FTSE is it the 4.30 price you use for the difference or the cmc quote after 9.00pm. Hence difference is the difference after 9pm right? (yes you allow 20 points for futures after 9)

2). If the trade is not triggered that night do you suggest anytime next day or just before FTSE opens.?

3). where you getting the info for exact close.? or just using cmc quote as indication?

4). If you have position open over night what stop loss you recommend,? 100 or 150 points. You never know what can happen these days!.

5). Sometimes for reverse you just quote the dow to close at X above or below and sometime with a difference. Could you just claify please.

6). Once in trade and you have a set target is that based on close also.? or intraday.

I loook forwarding to hearing from you. Thanks

bharat,

You cant fix it. This is a problem that I have asked about before but nothing can be done and is caused by people posting charts that are too wide for the BB screen.

Paul

CORRECTION !!

IK Update for current trade of Sell Dow/Buy Cac (correction)

If Dow close at 9512 or less then exit and reverse. Target difference to start opposite trade would be 6174 or less. Otherwise hold bet position.

Regards
IK

Hello Daps

I go by national close price of Ftse @ 430pm. If spreadbet price on Ftse is not favourable you wait until ithe next day for prices to stabilize.
If trade is not triggered to change then all bets carry on another full day.
Info for eact close come from system calculations, nothing to do with spreadbet firm prices.
There is no stop lossing on my trades ! Losses are usually small (and rare).
Trades can carry a loss as they proceed but by end they turn to small profit or loss.
When I say if dow close at whatever then if you can get favourable spread prices you should enter trade before out of hours close on European Index, then get on Dow. Difference then may be ok at spreadfirm otherwise wait until next day.
Once trade is on that stays on all day. It is the target close on the Dow that determines new trade differential target. Sometimes this is met, sometimes it isn't. If not trade carries on.

Hope this help
IK

Hi
Looking good IK. Do I understand correctly that you place your trades after US closing at 9.00? If the spread is not correct then you wait for the following morning before the UK open? And you take the 4.30 pm close of the FTSE and spread it against the Dow close?
The best time to check your website is at 9.00 or at all times?

Biggsy

Hi IK...

Thanks for your reply. You mentioned you take the FTSE close at 4.30, but surely at 9 with movement on the Dow up until 9 the ftse with the spreadbet firms would have moved.? could you just clarify this please.

Do you have the results since you started last month to hand.?
Also whats been the largest loss so far.?

thanks again.

Reply to Bigsy

Hello Bigsy

I generally place my trades on the European ones @ 8.59pm (just before my dealer closes the trading on European markets) I place Dow bets shortly afterwards. Most times the other index hasn't moved much from its cloing price so I just get on as long as the difference on the spread prices is within the 25 point leeway. Best time to check site is 8.45pm by which time all updates will be done!

Regards

IK

Daps

Hello Daps

See reply to Bigsy as well ! The largest loss has been 60 points which was caused by the market rally back in March. Fortunately the filters in place can alert me to a loser and quit before any major damage is done.

Current trades on my chart appear conflicting but this is the system as applied to EACH PAIR. People not understand that one pair has no relation to another pair !

Regards
IK

Hi IK,

Thanks again for your reply. Would you recommend trading all three pairs.?

You are in a trade now, whens best to get involved on the reversal.?

What has the back test showed in terms of number of trades generated? Do you have the figs for the last few months?

regards

Daps

Daps

Number of trades for each pair can be up to 90 a year. I'll post times/conditions to reverse bets.
You wouldn't be able trade all three pairs as sometimes one pair can contradict the other !
The back tested result for the Dow/Dax over 12 months is 82 trades, Dow/Cac 79 and Dow/Ftse 88 trades.

Hope this helps

IK

Quick Update from IK

(Dow/Cac)
If Dow close at 9498 or more then exit and reverse. Target difference to start opposite trade would be 6111 or more. Otherwise hold bet position.

(Dow/Dax)
If Dow close at 9459 or less then exit and reverse. Target difference to start opposite trade would be 5895 or less. Otherwise hold bet position.

Hello

A new trade has been triggered
Sell Dow/Buy Ftse At Difference of 5268 or more (Difference to decrease)
The Dow Cac has reversed and scored 70 points today !

Regards
IK

hello hugo, i have sent you a couple of emails with some questions can you please advise or give me a call
Paul

Nice call
icon14.gif
AGAIN IK

Wideboy,

On 11-9-3 , you posted a very interesting chart if DOW/FTSE difference, both points wise and percentage wise.

Any chance you could do another one, and include some sort of description how its done as well so I don't have to bother you or anyone else again....

Many thanks

Cheers

My chart was created simply using Excel.
I have close prices for both Dow and FTSE and then have a column for the difference and simply chart that.
I then also have a column which has the difference expressed as a % of the dow value [dow_ftse diff/(dow/100)]

Hope this helps

Wideboy

Hi,
When you say exit and reverse, it just means exit trade and take profits, and then wait for prefered difference before entering again?

Biggsy