IMC or CFA or FRM or SII Certis

shwet

Dear All.

Need an expert advice from you. I am IT consultant working for various Investment banks. Apart from IT, I want to focus on Business side as well, I am really finding it hard to understand trader’s language and speak in their terms.

I am just wondering what is the cheapest and best way for gaining good business knowledge. Not really sure whether to go for CFA or IMC or FRM or SII certifications.

All EMBA courses are really expensive

Any suggestions would be great help.

Regards,
Shwet

Dear All.

Need an expert advice from you. I am IT consultant working for various Investment banks. Apart from IT, I want to focus on Business side as well, I am really finding it hard to understand trader’s language and speak in their terms.

I am just wondering what is the cheapest and best way for gaining good business knowledge. Not really sure whether to go for CFA or IMC or FRM or SII certifications.

All EMBA courses are really expensive

Any suggestions would be great help.

Regards,
Shwet

Hi Shwet,
Welcome to the forums.

I am an IT consultant as well, I don't know well much about all the qualifications you mentioned, but CFA is definitely a good qualification to have. It costs around USD 1000 to clear 1 level in books, exam fees etc Not just for an IT person trying to understand business, but even on its own, it has considerable weightage.

I was also read about CAIA, its similar to CFA, but probably a subset of it. I have seen people(in finance) with CFA and CAIA in their names and also just CAIA.

Have a look at the course and then decide which you are more comfortable with.

All the best.

Regards,

SDG

Hi SDG ,

Thanks for the response!!

Yes - I read about CFA - guess its gona to be 3 years commitment and not sure about CAIA.

Regards
Shwet

Hi Shwet,
Welcome to the forums.

I am an IT consultant as well, I don't know well much about all the qualifications you mentioned, but CFA is definitely a good qualification to have. It costs around USD 1000 to clear 1 level in books, exam fees etc Not just for an IT person trying to understand business, but even on its own, it has considerable weightage.

I was also read about CAIA, its similar to CFA, but probably a subset of it. I have seen people(in finance) with CFA and CAIA in their names and also just CAIA.

Have a look at the course and then decide which you are more comfortable with.

All the best.

Regards,

SDG

I don't know anything about the FRM, but the quickest and cheapest is the IMC. It won't be much help for your career, but should let you make sense of what you see the traders doing. The SII will lapse after a year or so i think if you are not in a position which necessitates it, but if you want to do it then the IMC will exempt you from the regulatory module of it (half).

Hi RPEX ,

Thanks for the advise!!

Regards,
Shwet.

I don't know anything about the FRM, but the quickest and cheapest is the IMC. It won't be much help for your career, but should let you make sense of what you see the traders doing. The SII will lapse after a year or so i think if you are not in a position which necessitates it, but if you want to do it then the IMC will exempt you from the regulatory module of it (half).