SII or IMC?

steveborner

Hi All,

I am a non-grad looking to start a career in brokerage. I am a part qualified accountant, but realise this is not the career for me. My long term aim is to trade my own accounts, building a client list through brokerage. I have been looking at completing either the SII securities papers or IMC. Which would better suit me in this career path as an entry level qualification?

Also, how long would you recommend on taking to complete either? I am reasonably competent at preparing for exams and am not too worried about taking a lot of home learning on. These would both be completed around working hours.

Thanks
Steve

I have tried to use the search tool, and it doesnt return any threads or posts, and that was searching SII, in any forum???

Last edited:
GJ,

I have looked through the last few pages and found some answers, it was a very poor thread. The threads on this page didn't hold any real answers, and the search function doesnt seem the best. I will search further in future before starting a thread.

Apologies,
Steve

sorry, I really didnt explain it too well. I was hoping to go in to brokerage, ideally an inter dealer broker. From here, as someone I know through a freind has done, is save up enough capital to trade for himself, and also trade contacts capital that he built through his time as a broker. That is quite a long term goal however, and my focus at the minute is to become an inter dealer broker.