I'm going nuts, here!

Splitlink

Legendary member
I've got myself involved in that dratted Excel, again. It, really, does drive me around the bend!

Here's the problem, I'm sure you will find it simple. That's why I'm posting here!

I've got my chart on Excel. Now, I want to turn it 90º--expand it to fill a A4 size sheet of paper, then see how it will look before I print it.

I've been trying since lunch and was too ashamed to ask! However, I've got to, otherwise I'll be here all night!

Split

I've got myself involved in that dratted Excel, again. It, really, does drive me around the bend!

Here's the problem, I'm sure you will find it simple. That's why I'm posting here!

I've got my chart on Excel. Now, I want to turn it 90º--expand it to fill a A4 size sheet of paper, then see how it will look before I print it.

I've been trying since lunch and was too ashamed to ask! However, I've got to, otherwise I'll be here all night!

Split

How about just changing the printer to landscape (or portrait) ..?

Easiest thing to do is to ensure that your chart is in it's own sheet* and then just change the page setup (File > page setup) as Hoggum's has suggested. Hit print preview (File > print preview) and you'll see what it'll look like when you print it.

*You get the option to do this in the last step when creating a chart using the chart wizard. If you've already created the chart right click on the chart area (the white or the grey part of the box) and click on location. That'll give you the option of changing the chart to being a separate sheet.

Do you mean that, for example, you have dates along the Y axis instead of the X axis? Can you post a screenshot of the chart?

Got it out. Thanks a lot, every one. (y)

I've written it all down for another day.

Hope you had a good day! :)

Split

Do you mean that, for example, you have dates along the Y axis instead of the X axis? Can you post a screenshot of the chart?

No, that's part of what I wanted to do, so as to get a bigger chart on paper.

Getting there.

Ah right. In that case just changing the page layout should do the trick for you which it seems like you've worked out.