Ignored Members Means Invisible Threads?

jonnyy40

Experienced member
If I have a person on ignore,does this mean any threads started by these people are also invisible?If this capability exists,does it have to be turned on via the user cp?If it isn't implemented at the moment,could it be,please?

From the FAQ: "Ignore lists are used for those people who's messages you wish not to read. By adding someone to your ignore list, those messages posted by these individuals will be hidden when you read a thread."

You can edit your Ignore list from your User Control Panel here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/profile.php?do=editlist

Threads started by ignored members will still show up on the list of threads, all it does is hide their posts - you'll still see they've made a post, but it will hide what they wrote. That's all there is at the moment - we might be able to update it to hide the threads in a future upgrade to the forums.

Sharky said:
From the FAQ: "Ignore lists are used for those people who's messages you wish not to read. By adding someone to your ignore list, those messages posted by these individuals will be hidden when you read a thread."

You can edit your Ignore list from your User Control Panel here:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/profile.php?do=editlist

Threads started by ignored members will still show up on the list of threads, all it does is hide their posts - you'll still see they've made a post, but it will hide what they wrote. That's all there is at the moment - we might be able to update it to hide the threads in a future upgrade to the forums.

Unfortunately you cannot add yourself to the ignore list.
This could be a useful addition.....:)

Also for the helpless T2W addicts would it be possible to suspend oneself for a chosen time period or place a self imposed daily time limit?

There's a thing for that - it's called the 'off button', normally situated on the beige coloured box humming under your desk. :devilish:

I've never used, though have been tempted to use the ignore function.

The trouble is, if you do add people to that list, and they then respond to one of your posts, you do not see it, and you may have seen a need to respond/retaliate! etc.

well get this ...some dippy billy no mates members are so bored ignoring everyone else they write a pm to themselves and then sit there and read it the following day :LOL: :clap:

I sometimes send a PM to myself - by mistake - with the wrong name in the "to" box.

I did add people to my ignore list, but as this thread implies, you then fragment threads, and if they quoted u etc....

I wonder how many peoples ignore list I am on :innocent: :idea:. Please let me know if i am on yours...Oh, sorry, u won't be able to will u dumb***, as u can't read this ;):LOL:.

I sometimes send a PM to myself - by mistake - with the wrong name in the "to" box.

I did add people to my ignore list, but as this thread implies, you then fragment threads, and if they quoted u etc....

I wonder how many peoples ignore list I am on :innocent: :idea:. Please let me know if i am on yours...Oh, sorry, u won't be able to will u dumb***, as u can't read this ;):LOL:.

I've only used it once, it had the desired effect, there is no longer anyone on my list :)

I must be a good judge of character since the only two who have been on my "ignore" list
finally got chucked out.

Split

Sharky

Would it be possible to introduce a system so that we can see how many people have put a particular member on ignore ? like a number below their nick or something like that.

I think it would be a much better way for people to make a quick assessment of other members although it could still be run along side the existing green dot system.

Had such a negative feedback system existed in the past then perhaps some members who are no longer with us might have been spurred into examining their own conduct before events deteriorated into a banning situation.

I'll be honest, the real reason I ask is because I'm curious as to how many members have me on ignore :cheesy:

dd

Last edited:
Sharky

Would it be possible to introduce a system so that we can see how many people have put a particular member on ignore ? like a number below their nick or something like that.

I think it would be a much better way for people to make a quick assessment of other members although it could still be run along side the existing green dot system.

Had such a negative feedback system existed in the past then perhaps some members who are no longer with us might have been spurred into examining their own conduct before events deteriorated into a banning situation.

I'll be honest, the real reason I ask is because I'm curious as to how many members have me on ignore :cheesy:

dd

You're not on mine, mate. Only the very , very, beyond the pale, annoy me that much.(y)

Split

:LOL: This is not an invitation to try, fellows, you'll only send the mods up the wall, but you really would have to seriously p**s me off to get on my ignore list. :D

Split

DD, I think having the # of ignores publicly displayed might just cause resentment. Still, would be a useful addition for the mods to gain some insight into the general memberships views on a particular member.

Cheers guys, good to know someone hasn't got me on ignore :D

Anyway, another question for you Sharky. Who is it that thinks up the phrases that appear when you hover the cursor over a members green dots ?

Has this person got a warped sense of humour or something ?

When I hover my cursor over my dots it says

dick_dastardly dispenses pearls in a continual cascade

What's that all about then ? :rolleyes:

dd