IG Index - Keltner Channels

Guys,

I emailed Prorealtime and got them to do what is roughly a copy of the TTM Squeeze.
Basicaly breakouts of the Keltner and Bollinger Bands.

Its not a bad indicator.

Hope this helps

Ged :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Price = Close

REM Length for Average True Range (ATR) & Std. Deviation (SD) Calculations
Length = 20

REM Keltner Channel ATRs from Average
nK = 1.5

REM Bollinger Band Std. Devs. from Average
nBB = 2

REM BBS_Index level at which to issue alerts
AlertLine = 1

REM Calculate BB Squeeze Indicator
monATR = AverageTrueRange[Length](Price)
SDev = STD[Length](Price)

Denom = (nK * monATR)
IF Denom <> 0 THEN
BBSInd = (nBB * SDev) / Denom
ENDIF

IF BBSInd < Alertline THEN
Indic = -1
ELSE
Indic = 1
ENDIF

REM Plot delta of price from Donchian mid line
Histo = LinearRegression[Length] (price - ((Highest[Length](High) + Lowest[Length](Low))/2 + ExponentialAverage[Length](close))/2 )

RETURN Histo as "Histogramme" , Indic coloured by Indic as "Indic"

Guys,

I emailed Prorealtime and got them to do what is roughly a copy of the TTM Squeeze.
Basicaly breakouts of the Keltner and Bollinger Bands.

Its not a bad indicator.

Hope this helps

Ged :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Price = Close

REM Length for Average True Range (ATR) & Std. Deviation (SD) Calculations
Length = 20

REM Keltner Channel ATRs from Average
nK = 1.5

REM Bollinger Band Std. Devs. from Average
nBB = 2

REM BBS_Index level at which to issue alerts
AlertLine = 1

REM Calculate BB Squeeze Indicator
monATR = AverageTrueRange[Length](Price)
SDev = STD[Length](Price)

Denom = (nK * monATR)
IF Denom <> 0 THEN
BBSInd = (nBB * SDev) / Denom
ENDIF

IF BBSInd < Alertline THEN
Indic = -1
ELSE
Indic = 1
ENDIF

REM Plot delta of price from Donchian mid line
Histo = LinearRegression[Length] (price - ((Highest[Length](High) + Lowest[Length](Low))/2 + ExponentialAverage[Length](close))/2 )

RETURN Histo as "Histogramme" , Indic coloured by Indic as "Indic"

hi thanks!! how do i do this? just copy and paste into new indicator window? thanks

ZY

Hi,

Here is a copy of the instructions they sent me on the email depending on whether you want to use it as a screener, backtest or indicator.

Dont forget to play around with the output Eg: Line or Histogram. Its in one of the drop down menus.

Hope this helps :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To copy it into your workstation, you will have to do a different operation depending on the nature of the code (ProBacktest, indicator or ProScreener):

Case of a Backtest :
Display a charting window and click on "Add Indicator". Click on the tab "ProBacktests", then on "Create ProBacktest". Next, click on the tab "Creation by programming". Copy the code (Ctrl+C) and paste it (Ctrl+V) on the field "ProBacktest programming".

Case of an indicator :
Display a charting window. Click on "Add Indicator", then on the tab "Indicators". Next, click on the button "Create indicator". Copy the code (Ctrl+C) and paste it (ctrl + v) on the field "Programming of the indicator".

Case of a screener :
Open the window "ProScreener" (Ctrl+E). Click on the button "ProScreeners Management", then on "Create ProScreener" and finally on "Creation by programming". Copy the code (Ctrl+C) and paste it (Ctrl+V) on the field "Programming of the ProScreener".

Once the code is pasted, type a name (e.g. TTM SQUEZZE) on the upper field 'indicator name'. Next, set the options on the right side of the window (selection of list, period and criteria). You can also type in a help text.

Finally, click on "Validate program". Congratulations, your code is ready for use

Hi,

Here is a copy of the instructions they sent me on the email depending on whether you want to use it as a screener, backtest or indicator.

Dont forget to play around with the output Eg: Line or Histogram. Its in one of the drop down menus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To copy it into your workstation, you will have to do a different operation depending on the nature of the code (ProBacktest, indicator or ProScreener):

Case of a Backtest :
Display a charting window and click on "Add Indicator". Click on the tab "ProBacktests", then on "Create ProBacktest". Next, click on the tab "Creation by programming". Copy the code (Ctrl+C) and paste it (Ctrl+V) on the field "ProBacktest programming".

Case of an indicator :
Display a charting window. Click on "Add Indicator", then on the tab "Indicators". Next, click on the button "Create indicator". Copy the code (Ctrl+C) and paste it (ctrl + v) on the field "Programming of the indicator".

Case of a screener :
Open the window "ProScreener" (Ctrl+E). Click on the button "ProScreeners Management", then on "Create ProScreener" and finally on "Creation by programming". Copy the code (Ctrl+C) and paste it (Ctrl+V) on the field "Programming of the ProScreener".

Once the code is pasted, type a name (e.g. TTM SQUEZZE) on the upper field 'indicator name'. Next, set the options on the right side of the window (selection of list, period and criteria). You can also type in a help text.

Finally, click on "Validate program". Congratulations, your code is ready for use

Thanks BRO!!! Will try it out later. My office PC can't load the charts. :)

I really like KC a lot . Is there a book dedicated for KC only I can buy somewhere?. Tried Linda Raschke site but couldn't find book about KC there.

Thx!
Edit/Delete Message

I really like KC a lot . Is there a book dedicated for KC only I can buy somewhere?. Tried Linda Raschke site but couldn't find book about KC there.

Thx!
Edit/Delete Message

Hi,
Never heard of a book solely dedicated to Keltner Channels, and doubt one exists.
Alternatively you could start off by just reading free info here and there about them on the net, theh take a look at "Bollinger on Bollinger Bands." Both vol indicators with similar interpretations therefore you may find ideas that will interest you in there.
:)

i have this code if you want it it can also be found on the web site of it finance and then transported to ig.

Hi,

Is there anyway I could have a look at the code for the Keltner Channels on Igindex, I would like to code this into IG to do some research.

Many Thanks,
JOhn.

Hi,

Case of a Backtest :

Case of an indicator :

Case of a screener :

Hi guys,

Have put the code into the indicators in IG, and have got the wave, but there are no dots as there are in the 'TTM Squeeze' indicator of John Carter fame, what do I need to do to get them?

Phil