IG Index - Keltner Channels

jonnyace

Can anyone show how to code in Keltner Channels into IG's advanced charting package?

Appreciate your help in advance

Cheers

Jon

Can anyone show how to code in Keltner Channels into IG's advanced charting package?

Appreciate your help in advance

Cheers

Jon

I'm not sure why you would want to do that as IG makes its own prices!
Better go to ProRealTime : Real Time Technical Analysis Software which is the package they use and see what you can do - either the formula is already written, or you can contact them so they can do it for you.

Eduardo.:)

I have both ProRealTime and the charts from IG and their prices are spot on.

I have both ProRealTime and the charts from IG and their prices are spot on.

On equities, possibly; but IG Index offers prices on indices 24 hours a day; where would those prices come from, then?

Eduardo.

The point of my reply is that based on my trading plan I need Keltner channels on the IG platform to mamange their pricing.

24 hour pricing is available on some electronic markets, eg emini but not others eg ftse. On ftse IG quote a grey market overnight,ie prices based on their opinion of the market.

You have to decide whether to accept the uncertainty of grey markets if you wish to hold these markets overnight - your choice

The point of my reply is that based on my trading plan I need Keltner channels on the IG platform to mamange their pricing.

24 hour pricing is available on some electronic markets, eg emini but not others eg ftse. On ftse IG quote a grey market overnight,ie prices based on their opinion of the market.

You have to decide whether to accept the uncertainty of grey markets if you wish to hold these markets overnight - your choice

That's my ponit - they make their own prices, have to, otherwise they would not be able to offer this service!
I use IG Index too, but make my analysis from my MetaStock software (EOD data, Reuters datafeed) and trade from those charts, not IG's.
Anyway, have you checked with ProRealTime? They might have the answer to your question.

Eduardo :)

I've asked the question of Pro - thx again for the steer. I need to use IG because I can't use a separate charting package on my laptop at work, don't tell the boss!!

I've asked the question of Pro - thx again for the steer. I need to use IG because I can't use a separate charting package on my laptop at work, don't tell the boss!!

Oops! Won't tell him anything! Promised! :devilish:
What was their answer? Just out of curiosity, you know...

Eduardo :)

On equities, possibly; but IG Index offers prices on indices 24 hours a day; where would those prices come from, then?

Eduardo.

I know what your saying but they must get their prices from the same place, if a big move happens out of hours I get to see it on my IG charts and when pro real time data starts at 8am for eg the FTSE and it gaps 50 points above or below open I can check my IG charts for a clearer picture.

Would love to know myself to be honest!

I know what your saying but they must get their prices from the same place, if a big move happens out of hours I get to see it on my IG charts and when pro real time data starts at 8am for eg the FTSE and it gaps 50 points above or below open I can check my IG charts for a clearer picture.

Would love to know myself to be honest!

On this one: I used to watch the opening prices some time ago; IG Index did move the prices - sometimes by as much as 50 points, and that was before this huge volatility began!
I do not no complain as I do not day trade, but for those who do, you want to be careful as these people make their own prices, unless say, the futures markets.
But then more capital is needed to trade them than with IG.
Be careful!

Eduardo.:)

Hello newbie here but getting better slowly
i m looking to set up stochastic from the ig platform in the sto setting it s got
horizontal line 1
horizontal line 2
stoch%k
stoch%d
can anyone explain to me wht these are and what the setting should be
thanks in advance

Hello newbie here but getting better slowly

i m looking to set up stochastic from the ig platform in the sto setting it s got
horizontal line 1
horizontal line 2
stoch%k
stoch%d
can anyone explain to me wht these are and what the setting should be
thanks in advance

Hi,

Plenty of options regarding Stochs. Do you want fast or slow stochs ?? Check out trading naked they have some Stochastic Setups on there. TradingNaked - "The interpretation and application of price action concepts"

Personally I think stochs are a waste of time.

IF you want to program Keltner bands in to IG pro charting (Brutus) ABOVE has done this before, and knows how to do it.:smart:

i have this code if you want it it can also be found on the web site of it finance and then transported to ig.

To finish off the thread - you can sign up for free with Pro and they list formulas for indicators not listed by default on IG.

Pretty much everything is there.

Cheers

Jon

i have this code if you want it it can also be found on the web site of it finance and then transported to ig.

Hi Brutus,

Would appreciate it if u post the code here!! Can't figure out why i can't download from Prorealtime. THanks!!

ZY

Hi Brutus,

Would appreciate it if u post the code here!! Can't figure out why i can't download from Prorealtime. THanks!!

ZY

hi, you cant download it from them if you want to put it on ig you have to open the code in pro realtime and manually copy it exactly as they have it into the indicator builder in the ig charts platform, its pretty simple...i dont have pro realtime code now or access to the platform so cant get it for you im afraid sorry!