If you want to fail as a trader, study TA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha TE what was that, Carnival eh.

Things get pretty wild here at those times. And quite rightly Deutsche Börse certainly don't seem to be party poopers.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

OK then, who knows what this picture is?

Look very closely as all is never as it seems!

Hi- Newbie here

Been learning some TA and not sure what I think about some of it. Why are the fib levels used, what is happening when it does work, or is it just coincidence.

I remember a tv program (approx 12 yrs ago) about a guy who claimed that the pyramids were much older than previously thought. He looked at astronomy records and found a time when the pyramids lined up with the constellations, looked very convincing. It turns out that if you take any city and look at certain landmarks, you can line them up with any constellation if you look long enough (its just a coincidence)

Another example is the bible codes. A mathematician thought he had found hidden messages in the bible (again looked very convincing) but a probability expert took the book Moby dick and show that there are hidden messages in that! again coincidence

Last edited:
whassa lesson TE ?

cycle_chart.jpg

Preempt da cycles, pop a downer when you're high, take some prozac when you're low.

iz-mah-prozac.jpg

Good for financial health and keeps things nicely balanced.

0313_clip_image002.jpg

:D

Well done ntc :clap:

Now, what is the significance of this image in relation to trading:?:

It was immediately obvious that your childish drawing was an event that cannot occur in nature due to physical limitations. It is\was embarrassing to adults to acknowledge something impossible even if your agenda requires a suspension of logic.

As for now expecting people to be telepathic and read your mind, you have to be joking. There are dozens of trading psychology 101 page 1 reasons why your illogical drawing can have could have analogous meaning but you could easily support your ego by deeming all bar one as wrong.

Please post something that warrants your chosen screen name and be measured by your peers. Kindergarten stuff does nothing for anybody with perhaps one exception.

Hi- Newbie here

Been learning some TA and not sure what I think about some of it. Why are the fib levels used, what is happening when it does work, or is it just coincidence.

I remember a tv program (approx 12 yrs ago) about a guy who claimed that the pyramids were much older than previously thought. He looked at astronomy records and found a time when the pyramids lined up with the constellations, looked very convincing. It turns out that if you take any city and look at certain landmarks, you can line them up with any constellation if you look long enough (its just a coincidence)

Another example is the bible codes. A mathematician thought he had found hidden messages in the bible (again looked very convincing) but a probability expert took the book Moby dick and show that there are hidden messages in that! again coincidence
If you want to learn at bit more about Fibs I would suggest reading Frost and Prechter's book on Elliott Wave. It's a classic and it was very well researched. Subsequent books have mostly been everyone else take on the subject and therefore generally a rehash. Just be aware that Fib levels, just as Elliott theory, are not a holy grail, but they can be an extremely useful tool, when used properly. Just as you can't use a single car to service a car, but it will help with the job.
Good luck,
WR

I will leave you all with this, take what you want from it.

The majority of people who try out trading fail, and the main reason they fail is due to bad education, for, they are not learning what they need to learn about making money in the markets.

If, you are stupid enough to think that what is available in the public domain is going to make you money trading, then you are going to lose money.

The first thing you must realize is this, trading is gambling, no matter who says otherwise, and if you want to make money trading you MUST become a good gambler and understand the rules of the engagement, else you will join the masses in their quest for the never ending story.

The second thing is this, very few have cracked the riddle of the charts, and if you persist in following the TA approach you will never crack it, that is for sure.

Finally, my final words:

"A Wise Man Learns From A Fool" :cheesy:

TE

I will leave you all with this, take what you want from it.

The majority of people who try out trading fail, and the main reason they fail is due to bad education, for, they are not learning what they need to learn about making money in the markets.

If, you are stupid enough to think that what is available in the public domain is going to make you money trading, then you are going to lose money.

The first thing you must realize is this, trading is gambling, no matter who says otherwise, and if you want to make money trading you MUST become a good gambler and understand the rules of the engagement, else you will join the masses in their quest for the never ending story.

The second thing is this, very few have cracked the riddle of the charts, and if you persist in following the TA approach you will never crack it, that is for sure.

Finally, my final words:

"A Wise Man Learns From A Fool" :cheesy:

TE

Clown

now now, that's hardly the unadulterated worship this egotistical maniac is seeking, now is it ?
:clover:

No I suppose it isnt ...although he has accrued some dedicated disciples..what will they do now?..maybe he expects a litle "special " something else from them above and beyond trading worship...

i can't believe this thread is still rambling on about crap... Nobody can prove that TA is a waste of time. The evidence of its success is easy to find. However, how it is applied means all the difference. Maybe you should start a thread "how idiots interpret TA"
i for one make enough profit off just charts and TA.. no news, no bull5hit, no magic mushrooms, and no 12 hours staring at the screens either, 1 hour a day is enough.

The title of this thread is absolute nonsense. TA, in itself, is not a waste of time. The problems that dishearten many is that they believe too many rules, made by others, as gospel and, when they do not work, throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.