If It's All About making Money?

SOCRATES said:
Bramble, your posts never disappoint. I don't know whether it was your intention or not but I find it hilarious ! You are without doubt, by minority concensus, the most entertaining and funny member on this website.

Kind Regards.
Thank you Socrates. I am glad you found it amusing.

Don't know where you get your consensus information (minority or not) from, but flattered you found it worthy of further research.

FYI - Festering Cheeko is by actual consensus the funniest member of this site. (Still rankles.... :LOL: )

For the goodness sake, as if already there wasn't enough discord as a result of collective and individual misconceptions about what this is all about, we ought to keep religion out of this. Religion may have its place but not with regard to trading.

It seems to me that arguments develop as a consequence of lack of awareness, of an inabilty to accept,and as a result of frustration.

There are correct and incorrect ways of going about things.

The markets are not benign and allow anyone to go about it the wrong way round. The market delivers its verdict. You could say the market rewards the succesful who accept, and go about things in the correct way.

By default, it appears as if the markets punish those who do the opposite. This is a warped view, but sufficient to cause a lot of hassle. The tragedy is that the victims do not accept they are victims and do nothing to change themselves. They additionally wish to impose their frustrations on others.

The others, who have overcome all their problems, do not want to be burdened with the persistent nonsenses of the victims. This is what leads to friction. But, despite all warnings, the nonsense continues, and so, as is the case with many threads, the discussions are then redirected away from this kind of nuisance, and made, from a public point of view, inaccessible.

making most money out of least risk is not as simple as it sounds.

it is also not the same as maximising your reward to risk .

so how do you do it ?

you let the market do it for you or at least alert you to the best times for it .

and I find the market rewards those that care the least about the trappings of success.

i didnt want to point that one out..

still, Empirical Evidence is hard to disagree with..

Festering Cheeko is actually my Romanian Cousin.. I havent seen him for a few months, but if you could pass on my regards when you next see him i would be grateful.

wisestguy said:
making most money out of least risk is not as simple as it sounds.

it is also not the same as maximising your reward to risk .

so how do you do it ?

you let the market do it for you or at least alert you to the best times for it .

and I find the market rewards those that care the least about the trappings of success.

The answer to this is obvious, If you cannot work it out for yourself or will not, you ought not to be trading at all.

well , now it's double obvious since you have just repeated what my point was.

actually , the statement may be obvious but the concepts behind how to acheive it are not.
and no , I will not reveal how that is done , that will stay my little trade secret.

Last edited:
That's right.

A double negative makes a single positive.

And a double positive makes a single negative.

And as for your concepts, you are very wise not to burden us with the weight of knowledge of this kind,
and to continue to enjoy your little secret, in order that you may derive benefit from it.

Bigbusiness said:
And I voted for Socrates, after his bonfire post :)
Since you mention it, I am pleased it caused you amusement,
but nothing compared to the enjoyment and satisfaction I had from it,
I assure you. <g>.

FC,
Apologies - I misread your earlier post and 'Hi' for you to some chap in rubber shorts/top going under the soubriquet 'Festiniog Cheekyboyo' - I believe he's some minor celeb off a program called 'Little Britain' if that's any clue? Anyhow, he promised to drop by....

Tony - the 80W iron is pretty good. (I was going to say 'hot' rather than 'good', but didn't want an inadvertent pun to ruin your bid for glory).

Dave

SOCRATES said:
That's right.

A double negative makes a single positive.

And a double positive makes a single negative.

And as for your concepts, you are very wise not to burden us with the weight of knowledge of this kind,
and to continue to enjoy your little secret, in order that you may derive benefit from it.

excuse me ?

positive ,negative , who cares !

what I said ( that you repeated what I originally said ) has nothing to do with this posi - nonsense.

and as for my concepts , I have derived plenty of benefit from it . I have never had a losing year as an individual.

as for burdens , after reading some of your stuff , I think that you are much more qualified than I in this field.

Excellent ! I am pleased for you.

This yet again proves it is not about money otherwise we would spend all day here talking about prices,
instead of values.

If trading isn't about making money to some people, then this site should be split. Those who want to apply and not get on the make, and the others.

RUDEBOY said:
If trading isn't about making money to some people, then this site should be split. Those who want to apply and not get on the make, and the others.
It may appear that you completely misinterpret my statements.

Trading is about the trader having a truly watertight methodology in the first place, plus an edge.

But even more important than that, is for the trader to act within a framework of morality and utilising a structure of logical deduction and reasoning and, furthermore a totally adult attitude of being able to be totally responsible for his own very actions, and the development of the ability to accept and not to try to force.

And, if this was not enough, to be able to act upon what is and not what might fancifully be expected or hoped, and all of this under very tight control, whether by using stops actually placed or held in the mind, in a condition of instant readiness, and total calm.

All of these things above are what are required, no one is exonerated from any of it.

I hope that this makes it clear.

morality , logic , reason .

you are asking a lot . most people just see $ signs and dive in never mind something so exotic as risk control .

good heavens , what for when you can do " controlled gambling " .

HAHAHA .

SOCRATES said:
For the goodness sake, as if already there wasn't enough discord as a result of collective and individual misconceptions about what this is all about, we ought to keep religion out of this. Religion may have its place but not with regard to trading.

It seems to me that arguments develop as a consequence of lack of awareness, of an inabilty to accept,and as a result of frustration.

There are correct and incorrect ways of going about things.

The markets are not benign and allow anyone to go about it the wrong way round. The market delivers its verdict. You could say the market rewards the succesful who accept, and go about things in the correct way.

By default, it appears as if the markets punish those who do the opposite. This is a warped view, but sufficient to cause a lot of hassle. The tragedy is that the victims do not accept they are victims and do nothing to change themselves. They additionally wish to impose their frustrations on others.

The others, who have overcome all their problems, do not want to be burdened with the persistent nonsenses of the victims. This is what leads to friction. But, despite all warnings, the nonsense continues, and so, as is the case with many threads, the discussions are then redirected away from this kind of nuisance, and made, from a public point of view, inaccessible.

so sad, yet so true.

wisestguy said:
morality , logic , reason .

you are asking a lot . most people just see $ signs and dive in never mind something so exotic as risk control .

good heavens , what for when you can do " controlled gambling " .

HAHAHA .
I am not asking it.

In fact I am not asking for anything.

I am simply pointing out that it is the nature of the excercise that requires the appropriate conduct for it, and not conduct unsuitable instead.

I cannot ask or demand.

And I would not even try.

But the market demands from us in return many faculties that despite my attempts to spotlight them on many different occasions, in many different ways, from many different angles and so on, appear, insofar as the great majority is concerned, (because it is the great majority who need to be made aware of all this), that in large measure, all of this seems to fall repeateadly on deaf ears.

You may gamble if you wish, whether controlled or otherwise, but I assure you that gambling is an activity that does not interest me in the slightest, to the contrary, nor do I find the concept amusing at all, nor should any of us gloat over people who succumb to it.

As an aside, if you want to have a really good laugh, I recommend the latest post on "Joke of the Day" by tradertim, as it is particularly good !

Kind Regards.

Last edited: