Ichimoku

Looking at the 5m timeframe we now have a valid entry for eur/usd again, my s/l is above the 5m cloud, it doesn't look far but it's 107 pips!!

I wonder if this pair, eur/usd, is trying to head for 1.3790 with reactions at .3580 and .3667 in any event I am long, for now. Problem is she has broken a monthly brearish trendline!! For now I'm following my harmonic pattern and "buy arrow" lol

Trail your stop with the kijun looking 3 candles back. If it hits the kijun 3 candles back, most likely the market is going to range or reverse. Confirm the entry on a one timeframe, then trail it on the next lowest.
I mentored under the best of teachers in ichimoku, and this has always worked.

Went short with a trail (I never know what target I should be aiming for) on the 4hr cross, the CS has crossed price on the monthly does this indicate also bearish for sometime?

hi all

Since about 6 months I am trying to use Ichimoku for daytrading the ES. However I have hard times determing the right timeframe to do so. As I've read in this thread, most of you guys are using Ichimoku to trade forex for swing trading. So I'm not sure I am on the right track here.

Typically I use 5min with Heikin Ashi candles, but I've been joking around with 10 and 15 min too.

Any one with a few lines ? Thanks a bunch

regards,
BT

Hello, to all!

I'm currently looking at the "Ichimoku Kinko Hyo" system and could use some friendly input! It looks a little daunting at first, so I'm wondering.

Do any of you 'experienced' guy's use this system and if so, how successfull is it....?
Where is the best place for info., on this system.

Could someone advise, please. :innocent:

shydog.

A question: is Ichimoku a leading or a lagging indicator?

A question: is Ichimoku a leading or a lagging indicator?

The Ichimoku is quite multifaceted with elements of both lagging and leading indicators. The Kumo is a leading indicator, in that it indicates future support and resistance levels. The Tenkan, Kijun are lagging indicators on the other hand and signals are generated when the two cross over either under or above the cloud, while the cloud will indicate possible retracement regions when the market is trending.

Have you ever made money day trading the ES? I found that very difficult and gave up.

In fact, I am still trying to as we speak :). It's something I really want. Right now I am trying to develop an automated system, because the whole fear and greed concept has been bugging me for such a long time.

I have used ichimoku most of the times for trading and it holds good in the H1 and higher time frame charts, good for market speculation and also to know the dynamic support and resistance levels.

Here's a chart of APPL for you, which broke above it's daily cloud for the first time since October 2012.

Attachments

• AAPL_Ich_31-5-13.png
    AAPL_Ich_31-5-13.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 226
pxoL2eC.png

Hi friends,
could you please provide your analysis comments on the above chart?
I found it bearish and right time to short; your views please.

pxoL2eC.png

Hi friends,
could you please provide your analysis comments on the above chart?
I found it bearish and right time to short; your views please.

I would not go short yet:

1. The (future) Kumo is still bullish as far as I can see on your chart.
2. Although the Chikou Span is below the price from 26 periods ago, it it still above Kijun Sen. It could turn and break upwards through price again.
3. Look at the trend lines I draw. Price just bounced upwards from the lower trend line (support).

I would wait until price closed below this lower trend line and place a sell-limit to play the retracement.

BT

f-1520aae2e0013a7e5.png