Ichimoku charts great for picking stocks, but...

billme

Anyone here trading stocks with ichimoku kinko hyo?

I use it on day charts and mostly for swing trading in stocks. It's one of my favorite ways to pick stocks, great for finding entry/exit levels as well as support/resistance, simply a brilliant way to show charts, but unfortunately I have not found any charting services or other services that do justice to the brilliant ichimoku itself.

I'm looking for good ichimoku charts and services to be used with both American and European stock exchanges.

Currently I am using ichimokutrader, it's free and the best one I have found yet, but it's limited. Charts contain data for the last 6-12 months only, and I would also prefer if there was a way to scan for latest ichimoku signals for each stock exchange (have not found this functionality anywhere yet).

In regards to Ninjatrader + ichimoku.. I have downloaded the newest plugin for ichimoku for Ninjatrader, and it's buggy and limited. (only tested with free data feed from Yahoo)

There's a few brokers offering ichimoku charting, but have no experience with them. Also, I found that MetaStock did provide ichimoku charts, no experience with them either.

Would also be great to find a good tool for backtesting stocks using ichimoku signals.

If you are trading stocks with ichimoku, I would appreciate if you shared your experiences or any practical advice you might have. If you know about good brokers/software/websites for ichimoku, I would love to learn what your experiences are!

Anyone here trading stocks with ichimoku kinko hyo?

I use it on day charts and mostly for swing trading in stocks. It's one of my favorite ways to pick stocks, great for finding entry/exit levels as well as support/resistance, simply a brilliant way to show charts, but unfortunately I have not found any charting services or other services that do justice to the brilliant ichimoku itself.

I'm looking for good ichimoku charts and services to be used with both American and European stock exchanges.

Currently I am using ichimokutrader, it's free and the best one I have found yet, but it's limited. Charts contain data for the last 6-12 months only, and I would also prefer if there was a way to scan for latest ichimoku signals for each stock exchange (have not found this functionality anywhere yet).

In regards to Ninjatrader + ichimoku.. I have downloaded the newest plugin for ichimoku for Ninjatrader, and it's buggy and limited. (only tested with free data feed from Yahoo)

There's a few brokers offering ichimoku charting, but have no experience with them. Also, I found that MetaStock did provide ichimoku charts, no experience with them either.

Would also be great to find a good tool for backtesting stocks using ichimoku signals.

If you are trading stocks with ichimoku, I would appreciate if you shared your experiences or any practical advice you might have. If you know about good brokers/software/websites for ichimoku, I would love to learn what your experiences are!

I use updata, the main founder is a huge fan of ichimoku. Its unfortunately not cheap. However, I would only use ichimoku as a means of further identification of the trend and potential S/R as you mention. I would never use it as a means for entry and exit. Its basically a moving average cross over and hence the signals are very very late.
If I were to use it, Id use it as a means of identifying new trending stocks, and wait for a pullback to the cloud and then a break of its high. using the tenkan possibly as a stop.
Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting suggestion!

This is basically what I am searching for:

• ichimoku for American and European stock exchanges
  • backtesting ichimoku
  • quick scanning for ichimoku signals

Interesting suggestion!

This is basically what I am searching for:

• ichimoku for American and European stock exchanges
  • backtesting ichimoku
  • quick scanning for ichimoku signals