Ichimoku

r-e

Same here, sl on the hour likewise, she will be choppy, do you have a tp area and your possible reasoning?

SL and Open Target (after we move into profitable territory) are pretty much the same - a close above the Kijun on 1H,
But I'll be watching for a close above Kijun on 5m, 15m as early warning signs, and may close early, depending on where we are with round numbers, fibs, pivots, and gut feeling :)

but if I do close out for a profit on a low TF, I'll still most likely be looking for a re-entry again, assuming the 1H still looks okay

sounds ok ? clear enough ?

hope it helps pal ....

Yes, many thanks.

The problems I had with reversals is one of the reasons I went to the 5m t/f taking shorts/longs when everything lined up.

We may have a cross on its way on 1hr, so I will short on the breakout on 15mt/f...I think.

I am waiting for 1hr cross and entry on 15m t/f tenken cross or price to fall below this kumo to be safe.

Still waiting for me cross, Grrrrrr.

Well hindsight is easy eh....

Many times I have traded or not traded a harmonic pattern n it has gone south, same likewise I'm sure with Ichi anyway, still testing this ichi thing, we will see, but for sure harmonic patterns alone will never ever guarantee, so we need something more, hey I bet we end up going back to the stochs, heh heh. For now am on the Ichi.

Well hindsight is easy eh....

Many times I have traded or not traded a harmonic pattern n it has gone south, same likewise I'm sure with Ichi anyway, still testing this ichi thing, we will see, but for sure harmonic patterns alone will never ever guarantee, so we need something more, hey I bet we end up going back to the stochs, heh heh. For now am on the Ichi.

4got my picture.

Attachments

• hindsightiseasy.gif
    hindsightiseasy.gif
    78.2 KB · Views: 209
Eur/usd looking bullish now with the 4hr moving for a possible cross, no trade for me unless all t/f upto the 4hr are over the kumo, will see, might have to search for a pair where they are lined up maybe a yen cross.

Eur/usd looking bullish now with the 4hr moving for a possible cross, no trade for me unless all t/f upto the 4hr are over the kumo, will see, might have to search for a pair where they are lined up maybe a yen cross.

With divergence on the daily and the CS on the daily she could be heading for 1.4075 all timeframes are now bullish, will see.

Attachments

• MetaTrader 5dailyCS.png
    MetaTrader 5dailyCS.png
    154.3 KB · Views: 216

You could always learn Elliott Wave targus, and use it in conjuction with anything else........(BTW, I went long EUR_USD yesterday myself and will probably stay that way for a week or more, depending on EW and Ichi and one other technical indicator). Good trading....

JahDave

JD

heh heh, hello my friend, I am not intelligent enough to learn elliot, lol, if daily price closes above CP support I might join you on a cross 4hr tenken cross.

all timeframes are now bullish

yes certainly the 30/15/5M TFs are short-term Bullish

But personally I don't consider a price cross of Tenkan (as on the 4H) as a Bullish signal.
At best, it's a very weak heads-up.

Slightly stronger bullish signals on the 1H, cross of Kijun, chikou cross etc, but still up against the Kumo Cloud overhead.
I'd like to at least see price break up through this 1H Kumo Cloud before considering to go Long

r-e

Yes, I'm with you. I am trying to stick to only trading when everything is either above/below the kumo. So tempting when you see the daily where it is sitting on the CP and I have harmonic patterns on most timeframes showing bullish. I must not be tempted.

sorry I have no idea what you're getting at, or what is your point ?

Ok, what I mean is, you went in at 1.3590 with SL of 1.3700 yesterday. And the price does go to 1.35 level (around there) during one period.. so I was wondering, did you move your trailing stop manually ( ie , you ensure your profit). I am guessing no, because you got stopped out (which i assume it touches 1.3700 some time after it went to 1.35 )? So I am just suggesting you include an automatic trailing stop ( if you don't have the time to monitor the screens ) just so that you can lock in your profit.

I think its a pity because you could have gotten some good pips yesterday :(