IB Trade Seminars

ilia king

Interactive Brokers will be organizing seminars - free of charge - for our clients and prospective customers in the cities listed below. At these events, our regional representatives will demonstrate our Trading software, present new product features and answer your questions.

Has anyone been to these seminars, I am thinking of opening an account with them for FOREX trading. Would this seminar help me or to learn about their software, etc?

I would appreciate any comments, and any anyone who has went to them.

Cheers Ilia

Last edited:
I`m also thinking of opening an account with IB, as postings I`ve seen on this & other boards generally seem to be very positive.

With regard to the seminars in the UK, IB`s website only mentions London & Edinburgh. Have you seen an advert for seminars in other UK cities? If so please could you post the link?

We have no firm dates for UK seminars at the moment. However, if you would like more details on our products and services please feel free to contact me.

Gary

I`m also thinking of opening an account with IB, as postings I`ve seen on this & other boards generally seem to be very positive.

wot sites you seen that on kiddo?

i c nothin but bitchin bout the support and tws being down

Thirteen,

In my experience support from IB has been very good (less than 60 seconds to get to the trading desk), and I have never encountered an outage on TWS for more than a few seconds and that was only once.

PS I have no affiliation with them

Paul

Thirteen said:

wot sites you seen that on kiddo?

i c nothin but bitchin bout the support and tws being down

Try here:

http://www.elitetrader.com/br/?action=view&R_FirmID=43

Low cost and popular execution only broker. Far cheaper than anything in the UK.

I never had a problem getting support ( Phone) but lots of online form filling and a "no brainer" test before you can get an account.

Overall not a broker for a beginner hence the "execution only" tag.

People love to whinge but you will find many here use IB.

I note a rep. from the UK office now posts on this ( Trade2Win ) board. So contact him with any queries.

Yet another question, sorry: is there any way of displaying a daily P/L on the IB TWS screen that includes commission? Might help stop me overtrading. TIA> :)

You can certainly do it quite easily in Excel which is what I use for doing just that.

Paul

Hi Guys,
have to agree with Trader333,IB are good brokers and quite reliable,also in addition I use for live data into tradestation, works grrrrrreat.
Also want to trade currecies and the rumor is IB may launch currency trading in next couple of months,that would probably make it the best overall platform in terms of costs of execution and data.

Webinars: beware boredom

frugi said:
Does anyone know if IB pay credit interest gross or net of UK tax?

PS Forthcoming "webinars" found here (unfortunately tonight's is already full)
http://www.interactivebrokers.com/html/chat/ibSeminar.html

Pick and choose these webinars. Last night's was on a high-temperature topic - strategies and methods for improving your emini trading results - but was just a very tepid motivational talk, done by reciting (with a bit of embroidery) the words that were shown on a series of powerpoint slides. When I was taught how to do slide shows, the instructor wisely told me that I should assume the audience can read, so not to read out the slides, which should have graphics that gave a visual slant on what you were talking about.

Last night there were no graphics. We were told that you should do lots of research on potential trades, and if we did that we would know how to pick our entry points. Also deep breathing. And a few other things, like the importance of discipline, knowing your time frame.....

There is a place for research and for deep breathing exercises, discipline and focus.
Don't deny it. But not worth staying up for. And what is a presentation on trading strategies without charts and tables, anyway?

Despite expecting very little, I was still disappointed by last night's webinar too. Oversimplified, largely meaningless motivational cliches delivered in the most irritating of tones by someone whom I doubt is even a trader, with no analysis of charts or price action to speak of. "Building Your Emini Trading Strategy" with the odd melted bit of Lego, at best.

Indi - IB already do currency futures. E.g. the Eur/Usd has a 1pip spread and is repectably liquid.

Tx yeh I know they do EUR,unfortunately it starts trading about 11am ish whereas i am told you can get some excellent trades at 7am if you trade the actual currency,however the downside of currecy is the general 3-4 pip spread whilst 12 major Banks who mainly trade currecies,getaway with a 1 pip spread,nevertheless if you can pickup a 40 point move! i guess u can live with the spread.(will wake up soon He He :)) .

Indi said:
Tx yeh I know they do EUR,unfortunately it starts trading about 11am ish whereas i am told you can get some excellent trades at 7am if you trade the actual currency,however the downside of currecy is the general 3-4 pip spread whilst 12 major Banks who mainly trade currecies,getaway with a 1 pip spread,nevertheless if you can pickup a 40 point move! i guess u can live with the spread.(will wake up soon He He :)) .

Currency futures with IB are about 1 point spread for the Euro

Hmmm Thanks,need to check that out..Can I just ask if you been trading it for some time and how do you find tradiing in comparance to Index futures.

Regards
Indi