IB Down?

mutantcar

Anybody else have a problem with IB down this morning about 8:20?

I waited a while, then closed it, allowing TWSStart to restart it, took a few goes, but then reconnected about 8:30. Don't know if it would have come back on it's own?

Anyone know what's best course of action when this happens, just leave it to reconnect, or close it & restart?

Cheers,

Mute.

I would always close and restart if it didnt kick back in within a few seconds.

Paul

I've had no problems. As Paul says it should kick in within a few seconds.

It has happened to me. My ISDN redials every 2 hours and it usually gets back in on its own. The time it doesn't is usually when I'm out so I lose my charts.
I downloaded a new TWS version out this morning.

I noticed a new one is available. I'm always wary of problems with TWSStart working with new versions though.

Are you volunteering to be Guinea Pig Oatman :LOL: I believe you use TWSStart?

Mute.

I always take the latest, because I haven't got a clue what I'm using:rolleyes:
I run the standalone version.

Anyone using Sierra Charts with an IB feed not been getting volume data?

anyone know how to correct this, it was working fine til about 5 days ago and now totally kaput :rolleyes:

There were some problems in Sierra/IB with 4,000,000 volume spikes on ES and others which was fixed.
This may have something to do with it. they are on version 50 now although 49 is showing on the website.

Volume on IB is a country mile off reality (sometimes 10 times off the real figure), and should not be relied upon for making trading decisions (all in my view of course).

Paul

Thats because most API apps don't use the figures from IB correctly, not that IB do not send it.

JonnyT

JonnyT,

I am interested to know how it should be used correctly ? Is there some particular coding that will allow it to be accurate ?

Paul