IB Missing Funds.

Banks and my £2 coin tale.............Last year I decided to save all the £2 coins that I came across ,so from January to December I just collected, I decided over the Xmas Holidays to count up............£850, I bagged them up in the appropriate correct bags took them in to my local halifax bank, sorry we can only accept
5 bags per day! I protested but was wasting my time, I was then told by some 12 year old trainee why don't you take them across the road to Barclays bank..........err I don't have account with them ! I replied, so I left, and made my way into the Abbey Bank further down the road where I do have accounts, same story , sorry only 5 bags per day per customer,I deposited my 5 bags and left, A few days later I happened to be in a bank near harrods paying in cash (notes) when the transaction was completed I was asked by a rather polite female cashier is there anything else I can do for you today, Hmmmm, so I recounted my tale regarding the £2 coins, she listened and when I had finished ,she said if you bring in your coins I will process then for you all in one go.................great so I done that, I thought this is how it should be.............
she said if you have anymore don't hesitate just bring them in, so I did this time I saw someone else, who said I remember you, the man with the £800 in £2 coins, during our small talk conversation I was asked if I was a collector of £2 coins, no I replied, why I asked, well if you look at one side of the coin, (queenies head ) on the rare one's she's wearing a necklace, there supposed to be worth £20 each !!!
oh ****e.........
I still don't know if its true or not...............but don't collect them anymore,

Good story Wheezer, lol.

Surprising what a few threats can do the money is now at IB in my account now at least I can lose it myself !

Good to hear you found your money.........bit of a worry, all because of a missing few digits,
enjoy the rest of the day........................good luck

I had some frustration with Barclays the other day. I was paying my council tax bill at the branch. I wanted to pay with a debit card - just as you would do in a shop. I was told that I needed TWO forms of ID by some dumb freak to pay the bill with my card!! Do I need 2 forms of ID when I use the card in shops? No, of course not. So why should I need it when paying a bill, especially when the name on the bill and the card are the same! Of course, our freak of a teller could only mumble and grunt about 'company policy'. For amusement I asked her why this was necessary, and what was the motive for the ludicrous policy. Of course, she just gazed into space totally clueless as if she was having her first thought of the year.

Its enough to make me pay by direct debit I tell you!

Next time youre feeling down - go talk to a bank teller - just to assure your self it could be worse!

For some reason an episode of the Young Ones came to my head, the one where they write a letter to the bank. Anyone remember what they called the bankers??

Darling Fascist Bullyboy
I think!
And Neil provided the sign off - "May the seed of your loins be fruitful in the belly of your womaaan"
:LOL:

Wheezergeezer I hate to be the bearer of bad news but yes the cashier was correct, what happend was when two pound coins were introduced the royal mint were supposed to mint a few with the young queen head on as a present for her majesty. guess what they F up and a couple of thousand were minted and went into circulation making this personal collection worth, well, a couple of quid, some of the ones in circulation were bought back but over time the price has risen

I'm sure there must have been more than a couple of thousand in circulation. I have 7 of them and they all have the 1997 date on them. When the story started to circulate about the necklace it then took me ages to get another one in my change. The last one I probably got about two years ago. I'm pretty sure that I read that a Royal Mint employee denied the story and reckoned they had no additional value other than their face value.

Royal Mint apparatchik quite correct when speaking with official hat on.
But he/ she/it doesn't understand how markets are made :)

Thanks guys, I unknowingly had probably £850 worth, oh hum easy come easy go, it's no coincidence
that Banker rhymns with V Vanker, can't sleep now must search the house for those odd £2 coins I hid away !

Schoe, it's interesting that your wire instruction took less than 2 hours when they got it right. See how long it takes to get money back. IB say it can take from 15 minutes to ?days. :?: being your bank sitting on your money :cheesy:

oatman said:
Schoe, it's interesting that your wire instruction took less than 2 hours when they got it right. See how long it takes to get money back. IB say it can take from 15 minutes to ?days. :?: being your bank sitting on your money :cheesy:
i

Yes funny what a raised voice and some threats can achieve,what narks me is the fact nobody from the Bank phoned me to say they had found it and it had been resent, or even apologised for me having to spend two hours trying to get it sorted out t,he lack of courtesy from call handlers is astonishing I lost count of the number of times I was transferred to one of those stupid automated machines that never have the option you want such as

Press One if you want us to compensate you,apologise and find your funds for you !!

Well change banks then. Why is everyone so loyal to these crooks? Believe me, it takes a lot less grief than you think to change. Retail finance is so competitive these days, they have all geared their business models up to allow new customers to transfer with the minimum of bother. The downside of this is that they are cutting back to remain profitable - cutting back on customer service!

Why do you want to hand your hard earned cash over to a bunch of morons who don't even seem to acknowledge their screw up?

Think of it this way: You dont hold on to losing trades do you? So why hold on to these ******s unless they make it worth your staying with whatever it takes for you to remain 'in profit' i.e. satisfied with them? People get emotionally tied to their bank, their mobile phone tariff, their mortgage, their broker etc. Why? Mostly because we dont want to face a fact that we could have made a wrong decision? May be it was the right decision at the time, but times and conditions change. Unless we vote with our feet, their is no pressure for the banks to change is there?

Sorry, rant over. Banks and the current government are 2 of my bugbears (incaseyou havent noticed!!)

WIth reference to making payments , handy tip I have learnt is to make payments of odd amounts ( eg £3998.50 instead of £4000 )

That way if ya money goes missing and is sloshing around in a suspense account somewhere makes it easier to find than them having to trawl through umpteen amounts of £4000.