I need a new workstation / PC

If you are confident in your own abilities to upgrade your own pc nby adding graphics cards you can get Matrox G200 4x video output crads very cheaply (under £150 on ebay).

Com eto think of it, my PC consists of 1GB RAM (secondhand PC2700 £70) plus Athonn XP 2000 (secoondhand £34) all ex ebay.
Power supplies are new:)
Motherboard is secondhand (new unused) and fans are secondhand (new unused).. all ex ebay.

How to build a new PC cheep.. cheep (I'm am an Aberdonian:) ex...

lol - looks like the choice of set up is about as individual as trade selection. Why cant traders ever agree about anything?????

Whatever you do, steer clear of Mesh!! I've had trouble with them from delivery times to warranties. Lots of feedback for them on the web and for other PC sellers reviewed here.

Dell are ok, especially if you buy as they introduce some special discount. Have a look at their "refurbished" website Dell Outlet : The stock changes regularly, but many nearly new PCs can be bought at hefty discounted prices. I bought a laptop like this, and for all intents and purposes it was brand spanking new (even smelt new!) but was £400 cheaper than if I'd bought it new. You still need to have an idea of what system spec you want though...then filter through what is available at the time you want to buy.

This website is worth checking out for lots of trading info: Snappy Trader

It also has a link to here: TraderPC (seem well priced trading systems)

If you're confused about PC jargon, just ask here. Don't rush into buying until you know what you're buying and are sure it fits your trading style and budget.

Oh, and please recycle your old PC if not keeping it, don't just tip it :) Oxfam will take an older working PC, or check the web for other local recylers (Scotland hasn't got many unfortunately). PC's and monitors contain lots of nasty elements and chemicals which we don't particular want leaching into the water table via a rubbish burial site. :rolleyes: Thank you!