Hypnotherapy & Trading

Doomberg

Established member
960 75
I've realized for a while that i have a talent in trading but if i had to name one big down fall it would be my emotions getting in the way and the breaking my own rules. Anyway i'm seeing a well known Hypnotherapist in the New Year. I asked him if he has any experience with traders and he mentioned that he has helped day traders get control of their emotions and to become focused at what they are setting out to do and ignore their demons etc, this sounded very interesting. You know what i'll give this a shot... i'll be going there to see one in the NY anyway over other career stuff and life stuff (mainly about discipline)

What's your views? Anyone ever done this?

wallstreetwarrior87

Experienced member
1,305 271
I've realized for a while that i have a talent in trading but if i had to name one big down fall it would be my emotions getting in the way and the breaking my own rules.

Is this not a contradiction?

How can you have a talent for trading but lack the self discipline?

If you were to strip away discipline from trading, what would be left that you have a talent for?

Just curious:confused:

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,961 1,497
I'll be interested in the results.

On one hand, I think it takes a trader to understand the issues. On the other hand, I'm not a hypnotherapist, nor do I understand it, so I have no way to validate that opinion.

I'd certainly give it a go if I thought it would help.

Doomberg

Established member
960 75

If you were to strip away discipline from trading, what would be left that you have a talent for?

Why would having a downfall mean that one has no talent? Are you saying categorically that if someone is well disciplined that they will make a successful trader?

And my talent is pattern recognition and sensing the markets next move on short time frames

What's your talent?

Doomberg

Established member
960 75
I'll be interested in the results.

On one hand, I think it takes a trader to understand the issues. On the other hand, I'm not a hypnotherapist, nor do I understand it, so I have no way to validate that opinion.

I'd certainly give it a go if I thought it would help.
I have booked some sessions in for January so i'll keep you updated mate, feel free to PM me

Doomberg

Established member
960 75
Just blow up a trading fund one or twice if you really want to change.
Bit more expensive tho' :cry:
Lol been there, i think we all have.. how about going to buy a car with 'safe winnings' and then coming home to see that you had freakily been stopped out!

jpadventure

23 0
I'm a big fan of getting the mind right. Hypnosis can instil the right concepts quickly.
You're breaking rules for a reason, figure out what the belief is.

Splitlink

Legendary member
10,850 1,231

That's what the therapist is going to find out. Good luck to you, Doomberg, and I hope that you get satisfaction out of your therapy.

One can be self-disciplined or just plain pig-headed like King Canute and Custer were, so a talent for picking the right trades is a great asset but not having the courage of one's convictions to stick with the strategy is a common fault with many traders--me, included.

Doomberg

Established member
960 75
Yeah like some of you have said, mind set is very important and if the Hypnotherapy can improve this then it's well worth the money. I have a few friends who have used it for all sorts, the one i'm seeing is highly sought after and has a good name in the industry which is a good start

price777999

Established member
577 29
Yeah like some of you have said, mind set is very important and if the Hypnotherapy can improve this then it's well worth the money. I have a few friends who have used it for all sorts, the one i'm seeing is highly sought after and has a good name in the industry which is a good start
I use Paul McKenna mp3's and i find them very beneficial , I think a strong positive mental state is essential for success in trading .

Are going to see someone in the London area ? I wouldn't mind trying a live session myself .

Cheers

Pat494

Legendary member
13,344 1,295
Are you sure you are doing the right thing ?

Most of the psycho babble lot are short of a few nuts and bolts. They sound good while they releave you of your dosh and end you up a blind alley.
Achieve your self discipline the natural way imho and not let some quack poke about into your inner self.

take care, cos your brain is your most valuable assett.

Doomberg

Established member
960 75
I use Paul McKenna mp3's and i find them very beneficial , I think a strong positive mental state is essential for success in trading .

Are going to see someone in the London area ? I wouldn't mind trying a live session myself .

Cheers
He's in Manchester mate, but i'll keep you posted anyway

Doomberg

Established member
960 75
Are you sure you are doing the right thing ?

Most of the psycho babble lot are short of a few nuts and bolts. They sound good while they releave you of your dosh and end you up a blind alley.
Achieve your self discipline the natural way imho and not let some quack poke about into your inner self.

take care, cos your brain is your most valuable assett.
Well yeah i'm not sure what will happen yet but i can't see it being any harm tbh