Hunting secrets revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take your point but there is an element of trading size here. One of the best traders I have seen who used to frequent this site had a great and consistent edge. The reason he gave was that it would not be possible for larger institutions to be able to profit from the same approach with any real size and as such they would not be interested. Of course this is not universal and depends on the market being traded and the approach being used

Paul
This is a very good point, not all edges are scalable, ccalping illiquid markets at size for example is likely to prove frustrating. In my case my edge would be scalable, and the executioners axe is always hovering over me.

Oh, dear! If you are experienced please take a little less time with this hunter stuff and tell us something educational so that we can see what you've got. Your experience? We'll be the judge of that, you don't need to tell us, yourself.
What would you like to know! Ask me anything.

10inches by the way, so you don't need to ask that.

As unpopular as this opinion seems to be, I like your thread and your analogy and it means something to me. It is a little cliched and that will no doubt bring out the cynics who will shoot you down but I do respect anyone that makes any kind of post (experienced or otherwise) that tries to get people to think. What matters Virtuos0 is not how many people think you, or your post is full of sh*t, it's that it may help someone, somewhere. All the best with this.

Tom
Tom I agree, absolutely it's cliched, but it fits so nicely in so many ways.

By the way I wanted to speak with you about your pinbar ideas, I think they're interesting because to me they reflect something deep about the market and orderflow. I'll PM you.

Thanks.

To answer your points in order:

My earlier post in no way outlines my level of experience. I get bored whilst trading (who doesn't!) and felt like amusing myself by playing the newbie, it's as simple as that. I quickly realised that that game was as dull as ditchwater so just decided to be myself.

I know that everyone likes a good conspiracy theory but unfortunately there isn't one here.

If you can't tell I'm an experienced trader from my recent posts then you need to read a little harder!

I have no way of proving it either way as I suppose any question asked of me can be Google'd in a few seconds.

If anyone has thought more about some details of their trading by reading this thread then great, if not you have lost nothing.

V,

I have enjoyed your thread, Thankyou. I think you are correct, trading is similar to hunting/tracking. I would rather this than the, 'trading is like poker', cliche.

Goodnight and Godbless.

What would you like to know! Ask me anything.

10inches by the way, so you don't need to ask that.

I assume that you are talking about your pencil. Length is of no use, whatsoever, if the lead needs sharpening. After reading your five pages I doubt that it had a point to start with.

"The most successful hunters have subtle edges in the forest that they had to work incredibly hard to find and master"

collective knowledge passed from parents to children in the formative years of life

childs play

if it was so F..ckin hard ........... how come the whole planets infested with us ?

later

Andy

"The most successful hunters have subtle edges in the forest that they had to work incredibly hard to find and master"

collective knowledge passed from parents to children in the formative years of life

childs play

if it was so F..ckin hard ........... how come the whole planets infested with us ?

later

Andy

:LOL:

childs play

later

Andy
Every new trader is effectively in this situation:

You are alone in the forest
You have no tools
You have no knowledge
You meet a seemingly friendly tribe who you believe are educating you but infact are doing the exact opposite
You eat scraps until eventually you die

Every new trader is effectively in this situation:

You are alone in the forest
You have no tools
You have no knowledge
You meet a seemingly friendly tribe who you believe are educating you but infact are doing the exact opposite
You eat scraps until eventually you die

Cue the Twig Bird

How does the hunter/tracker make best use of thier chosen 'ecosystem'? They can't force any issues onto the 'ecosystem', they know that is wrong, and would probably end with the hunter perishing. So what are the natural forces of the ecosystem, and what do we need to look for?

Anyone?

Paul.

Absolutely, we are completely at the mercy of our ecosystem, we cannot control the weather, the behaviour of the animals, of plants, or how those factors interact. At its most basic level what we are looking for is predictability. This can be incredibly hard because an ecosystem is hugely complex and constantly changing. To an inexperienced hunter an ecosystem could appear to behave randomly. But for the hunter that takes the trouble to learn the behaviour of every one of its constituent parts, that interaction can suddenly seem incredibly obvious.

Absolutely, we are completely at the mercy of our ecosystem, we cannot control the weather, the behaviour of the animals, of plants, or how those factors interact. At its most basic level what we are looking for is predictability. This can be incredibly hard because an ecosystem is hugely complex and constantly changing. To an inexperienced hunter an ecosystem could appear to behave randomly. But for the hunter that takes the trouble to learn the behaviour of every one of its constituent parts, that interaction can suddenly seem incredibly obvious.

Yes, indeed. The new hunter, and sometimes the not so new hunter, have a tendency to go crazy in thier lone habitat. Charging the elephants in musk...head on, crossing the river when the piranhas are hungry, all this has seen many a hunter eradicated from his ecosystem.

"But for the hunter that takes the trouble to learn the behaviour of every one of its constituent parts, that interaction can suddenly seem incredibly obvious."

If he than wants to improve his hunting, he needs to mitigate contraproductive shotgun action.
The behaviour of his habitat as his wise guide.
This process enables the hunter to design and craft his own sniper approach to perfection.

Last edited:
I think all of you 'hunter-gatherers' out there are either trading in telephone number sizes or are forgetting your place in the food chain.

I am a mosquito, a tiny little creature than needs just the smallest bit of blood to keep me going. I'll find a spot on the back of some large animal that won't even feel me land or bite. I'll have my fill without my host ever noticing. I'll wait until the evening when he's dosing and have my little suck in safety.

Of course, I could fly over to that hairless arm over there in this tropical climate where the veins are prominent. The food there looks so easy for the taking but of course if I go there I will get swatted.They are on the lookout for me.

Slaying wilderbeest my ass.

It seems dangerous to characterise our competitors as dumb beasts. I do better when mindful that my opponents are intelligent people.

In any analogy where you have a gun, then your opponents also need to have guns.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.