How would you rate This post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finlayson

Hi

I Just stumbled into my ' User control panel' the other day as I was trying to get into my T2W email account....I say stumbled as I have never been in here before....down at the bottom are what I believe are ratings for old posts, I wasnt aware that this existed, anyway....

I assume 'Green' are for good ratings( as there are comments beside a few).....thanks by the way for the few good ones from those :)...

At the bottom I have one 'Red' rating which I assume is a negative rating, which of course I can take in my stride.......but to my suprise when I clicked on the relevant post it was , what I believe, a perfectly innocent post, unbiased & only intended for help......Rated 'negative' by what I believe is a long term member of this website......who also was not even posting within the relevant thread....

does this happen often ?

here is the link to the post : http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?p=164509#post164509

would you rate this negative............or am I just mis-understanding the rating system ?

Thanks
Jay

Finlayson said:
Hi

I Just stumbled into my ' User control panel' the other day as I was trying to get into my T2W email account....I say stumbled as I have never been in here before....down at the bottom are what I believe are ratings for old posts, I wasnt aware that this existed, anyway....

I assume 'Green' are for good ratings( as there are comments beside a few).....thanks by the way for the few good ones from those :)...

At the bottom I have one 'Red' rating which I assume is a negative rating, which of course I can take in my stride.......but to my suprise when I clicked on the relevant post it was , what I believe, a perfectly innocent post, unbiased & only intended for help......Rated 'negative' by what I believe is a long term member of this website......who also was not even posting within the relevant thread....

does this happen often ?

here is the link to the post : http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?p=164509#post164509

would you rate this negative............or am I just mis-understanding the rating system ?

Thanks
Jay
dont worry brother :cheesy: :cheesy:

Thanks Mr Black.......I wont:)....just wondered if I was understanding this correct.....if so , does this happen often....

p.s see your in Sofia.....coming over to Bulg in few weeks, have a house in Zdravets

Nazdravie Mr B...

Hi Jay,

Indeed green blobs are for good posts. Explanation available in the FAQ as below.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_user_rep

A red blob is a very odd thing since the rating system is not meant to have negative ratings at all!

Occasionally you get grey ones which means someone has rated your post as good but they haven't been a member long enough to have any effect, but a red one simply shouldn't be there.

The only explanation I can think of is that it is a leftover from when we were testing the system. Kiinda like the careless surgeon who accidentally leaves a number 4 in some unfortunate's chest cavity. :)

The system had to be hacked so that people could only leave positive ratings and you may have been an unintentional casualty of our experiments in this regard. Apologies for that and don't worry, it is very unlikely that the person in question (was it me by any chance as I did a lot of the testing?) actually rated your post negatively. If you are bothered please PM Sharky and ask him to remove it and/or up your reputation score to its correct level. I'd do it myself but I don't have access any more.

ahh.....just read this faq.....so this is a mistake? ( no was not you frugi btw) was this changed because of bad ratings or has it always been like this?

I am not to shaken by this :-0 .....I was ok after a good 'cry'..........

just like things to be clear & fair

Weird. Yes most definitely a mistake, as it has always been like this, i.e. members were not allowed to leave negative ratings from day one. We felt it might be detrimental to the community and/or abused if they were.

So I have no idea how someone managed to leave you with a negative rating, sorry. That's why I thought it might be a leftover from system testing. Would you mind PMing me the name of the member who left it as that might help. I have a suspicion it could begin in S and end in Y?

Also do any other members have negative ratings in their distant past they could share?

Cheers.

as a matter interest I have a red blob on the bottom of my ratings too from a long while ago

Thanks Jimbo. Oh dear it looks like there may be a bug or I didn't clean up properly before the system was launched. Sorry chaps. Interesting that they're both from a long time ago (I'll bet the dates are very close to the system launch date too) which I hope means that I am right and that it won't happen again.

frugi said:
Weird. Yes most definitely a mistake, as it has always been like this, i.e. members were not allowed to leave negative ratings from day one. We felt it might be detrimental to the community and/or abused if they were.

Frugi,

This is not correct. When the rating system was first launched anyone was able to leave negative ratings on the posts of others, it was also done without knowing who left it. This then changed and the person who left the rating could be identified and at the same time the ability to give negative ratings were removed.

A number of people did get negative ratings on perfectly good and helpful posts and usually from people who just didnt like them.

Finlayson,

Does it look like an error or was there an author of the red and how long ago was it ?

Paul

Hi T333

this is interesting...........so it may not be a mistake!!...........yes there is definatly an author to this rating& I believe it was left last year sometime.

I dont believe the author was a moderator or someone who may have been editing the site ( tho I could be wrong ). what suprised me was they werent posting on the site.

hope it is a mistake.....would hate to believe otherwise....

Jay

Finlayson said:
hope it is a mistake.....would hate to believe otherwise....

Jay
Nope no mistake, your post refers to Babylon, politically incorrect origin of ladies of ill repute according to the bible, also location of the Hanging Gardens, clearly an unsound principle in breach of all Health and Safety regs.
Your post continues with "fighting from behind" and "if you can get your head into it", comments clearly full of sexual innuendo, as for "want to move forward" I shudder to think. Whole post should have been deleted. Lucky you weren't banned, I say.
pete

Status
Not open for further replies.