How to use Profiles

ElliotTrade

Hi, I am looking to using market and volume profiles in my strategy to get more confrimation on the trades I am taking. Please can anyone share some info on how they would recommed using these tool? Thanks

Hi, I am looking to using market and volume profiles in my strategy to get more confrimation on the trades I am taking. Please can anyone share some info on how they would recommed using these tool? Thanks
Hi ET,
I suggest you watch these YouTube videos, as they are the clearest, most concise and comprehensive that I’ve found re. volume profile. . .

For a good overview:
The MOST POWERFUL Day Trading Indicator by Jumpstart Trading.

A completely free mini course by ‘DejaBrew Trading’, comprising an intro’ video, followed by five more that provide specific tips and techniques:
How to Trade Volume Profile. VPVR, VWAP , and VPSR Analysis. Stocks, Crypto, Forex.
How to Trade Volume Profile. Volume Profile Trading Tips Part One.
How to Trade Volume Profile. Volume Profile Trading Tips Part Two.
How to Trade Volume Profile. Volume Profile Trading Tips Part Three.
How to Trade Volume Profile. Volume Profile Trading Tips Part Four.
How to Trade Volume Profile. Volume Profile Trading Tips Part Five.
(NB: He streams live daily from 2.30pm U.K. time on YouTube and trades the E-mini futures, with volume profile at the core of his market analysis.)

This next video is specifically about using the Visible Range Volume Profile (VRVP) which is available for free under the indicators tab in TradingView. (The point being that you need to be a paid suscriber to get TradingView's house volume profile indicators). Although the video is by TradingView using their own version, everything in it applies equally well to the free version.
Visible Range Volume Profile: Advanced Tutorial.

Lastly, here’s a video on how volume profile can be used to avoid choppy markets:
How To Avoid Choppy markets with Volume Profile | Day Trading Futures by DPMTrading.

I don't use market profile - so I can't help with that - sorry!
Tim.