A chance to shoot DT down - volume profiln'

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,963 1,499
I did a webinar at OTC this week. I discussed my views on using the intraday volume profile and how it can be used it to define a trade location.

I am an EVIL VENDOR so keep that in mind for those that don't know me.

For those that do know me - before you accuse me of doing a sell job on T2W - have a look at the content.

Nothing in this webinar requires what Jigsaw Sells. Intraday volume profiles are available anywhere.

Anyway - it's food for thought for those that are trying to trade intraday and struggling to find areas to lean on.

Last edited:
L

Liquid validity

0 0
Why would anyone want to shoot this down?
Market and volume profiling is a perfectly logical approach
if it suits you.

You know as I do the CME connection to all this with market profile:
http://www.cmegroup.com/education/i...g-a-trading-strategy-with-market-profile.html
So market and volume profiling is hardly snake oil, far from it.

Nothing wrong with your tools either, they add functionality that
is useful, particularly to anyone new to this stuff.
You don't push it onto people it may not suit, so I don't see any problem at all :)

Last edited:

robster970

Veteren member
4,566 1,390

This is an outrageous and flagrant abuse of the site. I think you are a disgusting vendor and a dirty, dirty ol' ba$tard who preys on unsuspecting tarders to buy tape reconstruction software that is pretty good, all for a very reasonable price from Jigsaw Trading, yes I said Jigsaw Trading. There I said it again - Jigsaw Trading.

Mwah, mwah. Carry on.

barjon

Legendary member
10,613 1,751
This is an outrageous and flagrant abuse of the site. I think you are a disgusting vendor and a dirty, dirty ol' ba$tard who preys on unsuspecting tarders to buy tape reconstruction software that is pretty good, all for a very reasonable price from Jigsaw Trading, yes I said Jigsaw Trading. There I said it again - Jigsaw Trading.

Mwah, mwah. Carry on.

Oh ye of little faith for ye must know that The Toast doth sit at the right hand of Hermes, God of Trade, and is his messenger who doth lead sinners to the path of righteousness.

(nice vids DT)

robster970

Veteren member
4,566 1,390
Oh ye of little faith for ye must know that The Toast doth sit at the right hand of Hermes, God of Trade, and is his messenger who doth lead sinners to the path of righteousness.

(nice vids DT)

You know I love Pedro really jon. Post was only for teh lulz....

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,963 1,499

Mwah, mwah. Carry on.

That $200 I sent you still hasn't worn off I see...

teflon142

65 10
What's the difference between a Buffalo and a Bison?

You can't wash ur bands in a Buffalo!!!!

(This only males sense if you talk like DT talks)

bansir

494 42
I did a webinar at OTC this week. I discussed my views on using the intraday volume profile and how it can be used it to define a trade location.

For those that do know me - before you accuse me of doing a sell job on T2W - have a look at the content.

Nothing in this webinar requires what Jigsaw Sells. Intraday volume profiles are available anywhere.

Anyway - it's food for thought for those that are trying to trade intraday and struggling to find areas to lean on.

Thanks for the video links DT ; For me they have opened up a whole new perspective on the dynamics of why prices move the way they do.

Best Regards,
Bansir

Reactions: DionysusToast

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,963 1,499
Todays globex session just before the open....

Leant on the volume @ 41.75 - putting an order in ahead of it

Level was good but missed the fill as only 185 traded there.

Right now the long is cancelled & I'm gonna sit back to let it play out. I really needed to catch that 42 off the initial moves.

See what I meant in the vid about missing out on good trades?

Last edited:

bansir

494 42
Todays globex session just before the open....

Leant on the volume @ 41.75 - putting an order in ahead of it

Level was good but missed the fill as only 185 traded there.

Right now the long is cancelled & I'm gonna sit back to let it play out. I really needed to catch that 42 off the initial moves.

See what I meant in the vid about missing out on good trades?

Hi DT,
Watched the vid a couple of times.
Let me see if I get this at all:
1. You see the nice volume ledge build up @1841.75, possible support area.
2. The thinner volume upwards @ 1843.75of suggests the price may not push much higher before re-testing 1841.75 again. The 1843.75 is a possible target zone for the intended trade.
3. You place a limit buy order just above @1842.00
4. Price comes back but...
5. It doesn't get executed because you're too late in the que of other orders(?)
6. You have to watch as the price moves away without your order on board.

I suppose you then cancel the order because of the new volume ledge @1843.00?
I guess all this happens very quickly and you're adapting and evaluating all the time.
Am I any where near to understanding this?

Feels weird without a chart...:eek:

Regards,
Neil

Last edited:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock