A chance to shoot DT down - volume profiln'

DionysusToast

Legendary member
I did a webinar at OTC this week. I discussed my views on using the intraday volume profile and how it can be used it to define a trade location.

I am an EVIL VENDOR so keep that in mind for those that don't know me.

For those that do know me - before you accuse me of doing a sell job on T2W - have a look at the content.

Nothing in this webinar requires what Jigsaw Sells. Intraday volume profiles are available anywhere.

Anyway - it's food for thought for those that are trying to trade intraday and struggling to find areas to lean on.

Last edited:
Why would anyone want to shoot this down?
Market and volume profiling is a perfectly logical approach
if it suits you.

You know as I do the CME connection to all this with market profile:
http://www.cmegroup.com/education/i...g-a-trading-strategy-with-market-profile.html
So market and volume profiling is hardly snake oil, far from it.

Nothing wrong with your tools either, they add functionality that
is useful, particularly to anyone new to this stuff.
You don't push it onto people it may not suit, so I don't see any problem at all :)

Last edited:

This is an outrageous and flagrant abuse of the site. I think you are a disgusting vendor and a dirty, dirty ol' ba$tard who preys on unsuspecting tarders to buy tape reconstruction software that is pretty good, all for a very reasonable price from Jigsaw Trading, yes I said Jigsaw Trading. There I said it again - Jigsaw Trading.

Mwah, mwah. Carry on.

This is an outrageous and flagrant abuse of the site. I think you are a disgusting vendor and a dirty, dirty ol' ba$tard who preys on unsuspecting tarders to buy tape reconstruction software that is pretty good, all for a very reasonable price from Jigsaw Trading, yes I said Jigsaw Trading. There I said it again - Jigsaw Trading.

Mwah, mwah. Carry on.

Oh ye of little faith for ye must know that The Toast doth sit at the right hand of Hermes, God of Trade, and is his messenger who doth lead sinners to the path of righteousness.

(nice vids DT)

Oh ye of little faith for ye must know that The Toast doth sit at the right hand of Hermes, God of Trade, and is his messenger who doth lead sinners to the path of righteousness.

(nice vids DT)

You know I love Pedro really jon. Post was only for teh lulz....

Mwah, mwah. Carry on.

That $200 I sent you still hasn't worn off I see...

What's the difference between a Buffalo and a Bison?

You can't wash ur bands in a Buffalo!!!!

(This only males sense if you talk like DT talks)

I did a webinar at OTC this week. I discussed my views on using the intraday volume profile and how it can be used it to define a trade location.

For those that do know me - before you accuse me of doing a sell job on T2W - have a look at the content.

Nothing in this webinar requires what Jigsaw Sells. Intraday volume profiles are available anywhere.

Anyway - it's food for thought for those that are trying to trade intraday and struggling to find areas to lean on.

Thanks for the video links DT ; For me they have opened up a whole new perspective on the dynamics of why prices move the way they do.

Best Regards,
Bansir

Todays globex session just before the open....

21-01-201409-20-34_zps58a0b163.png

Leant on the volume @ 41.75 - putting an order in ahead of it

21-01-201409-35-05_zpsea5cd71e.png

Level was good but missed the fill as only 185 traded there.

Right now the long is cancelled & I'm gonna sit back to let it play out. I really needed to catch that 42 off the initial moves.

See what I meant in the vid about missing out on good trades?

Last edited:
Todays globex session just before the open....

21-01-201409-20-34_zps58a0b163.png

Leant on the volume @ 41.75 - putting an order in ahead of it

21-01-201409-35-05_zpsea5cd71e.png

Level was good but missed the fill as only 185 traded there.

Right now the long is cancelled & I'm gonna sit back to let it play out. I really needed to catch that 42 off the initial moves.

See what I meant in the vid about missing out on good trades?

Hi DT,
Watched the vid a couple of times.
Let me see if I get this at all:
1. You see the nice volume ledge build up @1841.75, possible support area.
2. The thinner volume upwards @ 1843.75of suggests the price may not push much higher before re-testing 1841.75 again. The 1843.75 is a possible target zone for the intended trade.
3. You place a limit buy order just above @1842.00
4. Price comes back but...
5. It doesn't get executed because you're too late in the que of other orders(?)
6. You have to watch as the price moves away without your order on board.

I suppose you then cancel the order because of the new volume ledge @1843.00?
I guess all this happens very quickly and you're adapting and evaluating all the time.
Am I any where near to understanding this?

Feels weird without a chart...:eek:

Regards,
Neil

Last edited:
have you ever been told you sound like Frank Skinner.
That might have something to do with the fact that DT is a Brummie and Frank is from West Brom! I think it's fair to say that being born in the same part of the country is about all they have in common! Frank lost his life savings when he ventured into our neck of the woods and, in all the years I've known DT, I don't think I've ever heard him crack a joke!
:LOL:

I have been on t2w for more than 12 years and DT's first post in this thread is one of the best I've ever seen here.
Maybe quality people are posting again at last !
Richard

Hi DT,
Watched the vid a couple of times.
Let me see if I get this at all:
1. You see the nice volume ledge build up @1841.75, possible support area.

Yes

2. The thinner volume upwards @ 1843.75of suggests the price may not push much higher before re-testing 1841.75 again. The 1843.75 is a possible target zone for the intended trade.

Not really, you don't really know if it'll come back at all. You just know that if it does, there is a good chance 41.75 will hold.

3. You place a limit buy order just above @1842.00
4. Price comes back but...
5. It doesn't get executed because you're too late in the que of other orders(?)
6. You have to watch as the price moves away without your order on board.

Yes - but remember this is right @ the open of the pit session. The point of putting in a resting order there is because the first moves often occur very quickly, so you don't in this case have much time to weigh up the action as it occurs at the level

I
suppose you then cancel the order because of the new volume ledge @1843.00?
I guess all this happens very quickly and you're adapting and evaluating all the time.
Am I any where near to understanding this?

You could - but after marching up to 44 and making higher volume node at 42.75/43.00 - best thing to do is to let that area play out and see how the volume builds there. Then you look to capitalize on that.

Feels weird without a chart...:eek:

Regards,
Neil

Yes - but with practice, this makes more sense

Last edited: