How to secure career in trading

Re: After CISI Exams

That was cool answer. Really helpful.

Thank you very much. Indeed.

Kind regards,
Arek

hi arek, just as a off topic answer to your post, i currently am a private client broker in an advisory capacity and not quite the trader capacity but there are colleagues at my firm that deal with discretionary clients and i believe this is possible for yourself. firstly you would need your fsa regulation exams, module 1, 2 and 8 (investment risk) and i believe you would need the IMC (investment management certificate) also before you can conduct discretionary trading.
as to whether there is any chance you will be able to apply as a trader, well that depends on your work/education experience and background which i am unable to comment on however, there are firms out there offering trainee positions but more research would be advised from your part.
as to the timeframe for passing one module...again, this depends on your study ability but as an example, it took me 1 month to pass my unit 1 and 1 month to pass my unit 2.

hope this helps and good luck.

Unless it would be too much of a culture shock for you to make your living at home verses the 9-5 grind I would strongly suggest taking the independent trader route. There are tons of resources out there. Some free, some you have to pay for. Some of the ones you pay for are not worth the investment and others are from seasoned traders that will not just give away their professional techniques without a fee.

Most of the time, if you buy from a reputable independent trader the investment is small compared to the knowledge and lifetime skills you get in return. Once you learn their skills you can make the money back in no time.

Here is a free video I have put together on getting started that I hope helps a little in your journey.

Much Success

got an email offer from city financial traders to join their trader training program but its a bit costly and again after several searches cannot find much discussions about them also they are NOT FSA authorised...